or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 84

post #1246 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWestApparel View Post

If CP stands for Common Projects and you are a 42 then a 8.5 or 9e will be a goo fit.

Ok, that makes sense as long as the White's SD last 9 will be comparable to Alden Indy. I think with the E width I should be ok. Anybody find any major sizing difference between Indy and SD?

Thanks,
post #1247 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

oh my that`s the bh setup I want but with a rolled top

One thing I found with the rolled top is that it makes it thicker, and more difficult to tie the top well...

post #1248 of 4321

What's the difference between a Farmer-Rancher and Bounty Hunter if both are 6"? 

post #1249 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post


single leather sole, NO leather lining

 

Thanks man. Any opinion on the comfort of a leather sole vs. one of the low-profile vibrams?

post #1250 of 4321
Off topic but not really.
I have a pair of custom SD's in natural cxl on the way and thought of a way to help me wait 8 weeks. I had Nick Hollows create a cover for my work key fob with natural cxl and stitching to match my boots.
Very happy with the custom work of Hollows Leather and can't wait to own more of his goods. It will be fun to compare patina between the fob and my boots.
Untitled

Untitled
post #1251 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma View Post

Ok, that makes sense as long as the White's SD last 9 will be comparable to Alden Indy. I think with the E width I should be ok. Anybody find any major sizing difference between Indy and SD?

If indy is on the Barrie last, then no.
My Alden barrie size is my SD size.
I also have a wider foot and size for width more than length.
Work boots such as White's have ample room in the toe box.
post #1252 of 4321
I just saw via White's on Facebook that new orders are running 4-5 weeks. Special orders could be longer.

Should I expect a similar timeframe if I ordered through Bakers?
post #1253 of 4321

Hrumph. Anyone stock a Semi-Dress in Dress Brown with all eyelets?

post #1254 of 4321
almost nobody stocks White's period, they are almost always custom order. Exceptions I know of off hand are Graham Fowler who stocks the standard brown dress SD with single leather sole (has speed hooks though) and Orvis has a version in a different leather as well (buffalo maybe, can't recall right now). Don't know of anyone else who stocks them on hand.
post #1255 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post

almost nobody stocks White's period, they are almost always custom order. Exceptions I know of off hand are Graham Fowler who stocks the standard brown dress SD with single leather sole (has speed hooks though) and Orvis has a version in a different leather as well (buffalo maybe, can't recall right now). Don't know of anyone else who stocks them on hand.

 

Didn't Imogene+Willie have some? Yeah... Here:

 

http://shop.imogeneandwillie.com/products/whites-boots-semi-dress-brown

 

looks like it has speedhooks at the top, though

post #1256 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

Didn't Imogene+Willie have some? Yeah... Here:

 

http://shop.imogeneandwillie.com/products/whites-boots-semi-dress-brown

 

looks like it has speedhooks at the top, though

Yeah--what leather are they using, though? I emailed I+W a couple of weeks ago asking, but I never got a response.

post #1257 of 4321
Wow, didn't know that...they have a couple cool builds...I like the black cap toe with the 1/2 sole a lot. Sort of want to order those now....
post #1258 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Hrumph. Anyone stock a Semi-Dress in Dress Brown with all eyelets?

We have the SD in Brown Dress, hooks up top though and based in the UK. The site is live and fully working, just a few tweaks to be done: www.eastwestapparel.co.uk

Jamie.
post #1259 of 4321
Hey Jamie,

Can you tell us a bit about the pebbled grain "Voyager" leather from White's? Is it as strong and thick as cow leather? Need it be lined? Any pics of it in use on a boot? Thx!
post #1260 of 4321
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWestApparel View Post

We have the SD in Brown Dress, hooks up top though and based in the UK. The site is live and fully working, just a few tweaks to be done: www.eastwestapparel.co.uk

Jamie.

You guys should fire the dude putting block heels on all of your builds frown.gif

No cuban = no sexy = no cop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?