Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 80
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1187 of 80212/2/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Ok, that makes sense as long as the White's SD last 9 will be comparable to Alden Indy. I think with the E width I should be ok. Anybody find any major sizing difference between Indy and SD?
Thanks,post #1188 of 80212/3/13 at 3:31ampost #1189 of 80212/3/13 at 8:26ampost #1190 of 80212/3/13 at 7:28pmpost #1191 of 80212/4/13 at 7:20pmOff topic but not really.
I have a pair of custom SD's in natural cxl on the way and thought of a way to help me wait 8 weeks. I had Nick Hollows create a cover for my work key fob with natural cxl and stitching to match my boots.
Very happy with the custom work of Hollows Leather and can't wait to own more of his goods. It will be fun to compare patina between the fob and my boots.post #1192 of 80212/5/13 at 7:07amQuote:
If indy is on the Barrie last, then no.
My Alden barrie size is my SD size.
I also have a wider foot and size for width more than length.
Work boots such as White's have ample room in the toe box.post #1193 of 80212/5/13 at 9:47ampost #1194 of 80212/5/13 at 10:09ampost #1195 of 80212/5/13 at 10:22amalmost nobody stocks White's period, they are almost always custom order. Exceptions I know of off hand are Graham Fowler who stocks the standard brown dress SD with single leather sole (has speed hooks though) and Orvis has a version in a different leather as well (buffalo maybe, can't recall right now). Don't know of anyone else who stocks them on hand.post #1196 of 80212/5/13 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by slide13
almost nobody stocks White's period, they are almost always custom order. Exceptions I know of off hand are Graham Fowler who stocks the standard brown dress SD with single leather sole (has speed hooks though) and Orvis has a version in a different leather as well (buffalo maybe, can't recall right now). Don't know of anyone else who stocks them on hand.
Didn't Imogene+Willie have some? Yeah... Here:
looks like it has speedhooks at the top, thoughpost #1197 of 80212/5/13 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by grendel
Didn't Imogene+Willie have some? Yeah... Here:
looks like it has speedhooks at the top, though
Yeah--what leather are they using, though? I emailed I+W a couple of weeks ago asking, but I never got a response.post #1198 of 80212/5/13 at 10:50ampost #1199 of 80212/5/13 at 11:38ampost #1200 of 80212/5/13 at 2:15pm
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › What are you drinking right now? 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 6 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn PO Taped Khaki Coat Size 50 (40 US) 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 10 minutes ago
- › Why are cotton/poly blend shirts undesirable? 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?