or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 69

post #1021 of 5905
Shia Labeouf - movie Lawless.


I could have sworn hes got duotone SDs on!
post #1022 of 5905

Just placed my order  after I got my sizing from Kyle:

 

  • Leather 1: Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Leather 2: Brown Smooth
  • Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Toe Cap Leather: None
  • Celastic Toe Box: Single
  • Steel Toe: No
  • Upper (Shaft) Leather : Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Leather Liner: Tan
  • Back Stay Leather: Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Pull Loop: No
  • Eyelet Color: Antique
  • Sole Trim: Close Trim
  • Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet
  • Lace: Leather
  • Sole: Vib 430
  • Half Slip: No
  • Heel Shape: Curve
  • Heel Height: Minus 1/4"
  • Last: Standard
  • Midsole: Standard
  • Midsole/Edge Color: Brown
  • Size - Length: 9.5
  • Size - Width: E

 

I sent a note to Kyle to change it to the commando mini lug and red lining

post #1023 of 5905
they offer red lining? tan and cream and I think black are the only ones I know being offered. I might be wrong though
post #1024 of 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

they offer red lining? tan and cream and I think black are the only ones I know being offered. I might be wrong though


If you do it on this one red is available:

 

http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots/product/custom-semi-dress-by-whites-boots/

post #1025 of 5905

Sooo, I'm new to this place and was hoping the local White's mavens could give me some clarity on the question of walkability for the various models. I mean distance; I do not own a car and so do a lot of perambulating about the bush. I need something tough, but also something that will not feel literally like walking on sunshine after 10 or 15 klicks on pavement and concrete. 

Opinions?

 

Thanks

post #1026 of 5905
Rubber sole + tapered heel = good walkability
post #1027 of 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojaw View Post

Sooo, I'm new to this place and was hoping the local White's mavens could give me some clarity on the question of walkability for the various models. I mean distance; I do not own a car and so do a lot of perambulating about the bush. I need something tough, but also something that will not feel literally like walking on sunshine after 10 or 15 klicks on pavement and concrete. 

Opinions?

 

Thanks

These things are heavy. I definitely noticed when walking on hard surfaces, even with the vibram 700.

post #1028 of 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Just placed my order  after I got my sizing from Kyle:

  • Leather 1: Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Leather 2: Brown Smooth
  • Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Toe Cap Leather: None
  • Celastic Toe Box: Single
  • Steel Toe: No
  • Upper (Shaft) Leather : Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Leather Liner: Tan
  • Back Stay Leather: Brown Chrome Excel by Horween
  • Pull Loop: No
  • Eyelet Color: Antique
  • Sole Trim: Close Trim
  • Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet
  • Lace: Leather
  • Sole: Vib 430
  • Half Slip: No
  • Heel Shape: Curve
  • Heel Height: Minus 1/4"
  • Last: Standard
  • Midsole: Standard
  • Midsole/Edge Color: Brown
  • Size - Length: 9.5
  • Size - Width: E

I sent a note to Kyle to change it to the commando mini lug and red lining

so, why have a 2nd leather option [brown smooth] i you're not using it anyway? confused.gif
post #1029 of 5905

White's Semi-Dress

·         Toe Vamp Leather: Burgundy #8 Chrome Excel by Horween

·         Celastic Toe Box: Single

·         Upper (Shaft) Leather : Burgundy #8 Chrome Excel by Horween

·         Leather Liner: Black

·         Back Stay Leather: Burgundy #8 Chrome Excel by Horween

·         Eyelet Color: Antique

·         Sole Trim: Standard Trim

·         Eyelet Configuration : Eyelet

·         Lace: Leather

·         Sole: Vib 430

·         Heel Shape: Standard

·         Heel Height: Lower base by 1/4"

·         Last: Standard

·         Midsole: Standard/Single

·         Midsole/Edge Color: Natural

·         Size – 8 EE

 

omg cant wait

post #1030 of 5905
^^^^^nice bro!
post #1031 of 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post


so, why have a 2nd leather option [brown smooth] i you're not using it anyway? confused.gif


Oh, that was just on the buildaboot.com site. It always has a 2nd leather option even if you're not using it.

 

So my order has been shipped off to White's. Made a small modification on consulting with Kyle at Baker's. He confirmed that with a half sole (the commando half sole in this case) you'll have about 1/2" less at the heel because there's no sole in there, so I went back to the full heel height.

 

Now I just have to wait 8 weeks for my boots. ffffuuuu.gif

post #1032 of 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimjunkie View Post

Shia Labeouf - movie Lawless.

I could have sworn hes got duotone SDs on!

Those look like Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison boots to me...
post #1033 of 5905

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I've been thinking for quite a long time to get some White's custom SD, but I live in france, so no way to even see one pair in real or try it, only google pic and you guys, to help me make some choices... By the way, this thread has been really helpfull for me, so thanks to all of you, reading your posts allowed me to figure out a lot of things. Now I've made my mind.

But I still have one point to solve, and I'd really appreciate your inputs!

I'm going on:

 

Leather : all black Horse Hide

Toe Cap Leather: Medallion cap toe

Celastic Toe Box: Single

Leather Liner: Black

Pull Loop: No

Eyelet Color: Antique

Sole Trim: Close Trim

Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet

Lace: Nylon

Sole: Vib 700 or 269 westerner???

Half Slip: No

Heel Shape: cuban heel

Heel Height: Minus 1/4"

Last: Standard

Midsole: Standard

Midsole/Edge Color: Brown

 

The question left is: I've read here a guy complaining about the 269 sole (wich would be my first choice for aesthetic reason), saying that it's very slippery when it rains. I live in Paris, which is a rainy town for sure, and I'm planning to use my SD for every's day wear, walking by the soggy streets... I would really appreciate some inputs of 269 users in such conditions. Do I actually risk my life? Should I go on 700 or composition half sole?

 

Thanks! (and grettings!)

post #1034 of 5905

Slipping for city wear is a non-issue. It might slip on Smoke Jumpers in rough wear compared to a lug sole, but for city wear they give a nice profile. What is more significant between the westerner or half sole is the leather that remains on the half sole - beautifully curved, and geives a great look for classic city looks. Enjoy!

post #1035 of 5905

Soles...1000

 

1000

 

1000

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?