or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jantzen turnaround time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jantzen turnaround time. - Page 2

post #16 of 42
I placed an order in first week of Oct, and just emailed with him about some minor changes and he let me know the shirts were already started.
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Ricky is back in the saddle

After having my credit card charged 3 months ago - and receiving nothing - I called Ricky.

He confirmed my email and told me he´d email me the same day regarding the status of the shirt.

That was over 2 weeks ago, and I´ve yet to hear or receive anything.

I assumed when ordering that I´d wait 3 months, with no communication, and that suddenly my credit card would be charged and a plain brown package would arrive shortly thereafter.

Is it asking too much to expect better customer service under the current circumstances?
post #18 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by troysparty
I spoke too soon. My shirt arrived today. It looks like it was postmarked last week (a few days after I sent my second email complaint). My initial take of the shirt is favorable. I hope it doesn't shrink much. It fits pretty well out of the box.
Glad it showed up. In my experience, shrinkage is fairly limited.
post #19 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchi22

Is it asking too much to expect better customer service under the current circumstances?
From Jantzen? Probaby. I think if you review the many jantzen posts on this forum, you'll find that good quality and good prices can be expected, but reliable, responsive customer service is not something you should hold your breath for. Jantzen is one of those experiences where, as the saying goes,
you take the bitter with the sweet.
post #20 of 42
Since I knew going into it that this was the case, I have no expectations. I'm sacrificing quick, predictible service to get lower price, better quality, and better selection of fabrics than I've found elsewhere.
post #21 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerray
Since I knew going into it that this was the case, I have no expectations. I'm sacrificing quick, predictible service to get lower price, better quality, and better selection of fabrics than I've found elsewhere.
That's exactly the right attitude to have . . . if that trade-off is acceptable to you, Jantzen's an invaluable resource.
post #22 of 42
Quote:
I'm sacrificing quick, predictible service to get lower price, better quality, and better selection of fabrics

I accept what you say, but I think is presumes I´ll eventually receive a fabric (shirt). Yet, if my shirt was lost in the mail and there is no follow up by Ricky, I won´t receive any shirt at all (yet I´m out about 45 bucks).
post #23 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchi22
I accept what you say, but I think is presumes I´ll eventually receive a fabric (shirt). Yet, if my shirt was lost in the mail and there is no follow up by Ricky, I won´t receive any shirt at all (yet I´m out about 45 bucks).

Two words: CALL RICKY. When in doubt with Jantzen, call Ricky. I expect you'll see your shirt soon if you do that.
post #24 of 42
Just to add, I ordered on Oct. 2 (first time). I haven't been charged yet. I received my confirmation email from Ricky on Monday, with an order number and an apology for taking three weeks to confirm. So far, so good I think.
post #25 of 42
Quote:
Two words: CALL RICKY. When in doubt with Jantzen, call Ricky. I expect you'll see your shirt soon if you do that.

OK, will do, call him ... again. The point is that I´ve already called him, and still haven´t seen a shirt soon, or heard anything despite his promise otherwise.
post #26 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo
I think a more likely scenario is that the item is lost somewhere in the mail as opposed to Ricky ripping you off. Indeed, I've seen more posts from people that have received shirts that Ricky didn't charge for.

You can put me in that category. I got a shirt from him in August, just a couple of weeks after I mailed in an order. He still hasn't charged my credit card.

Strange way to do business, and I'd actually prefer more reliable service than the occasional windfall, but that's just the Jantzen way.
post #27 of 42
We should all be happy that he even does the mail order.

If you have ever been to the shop, especially in holiday seasons, he has people lined up waiting to select fabrics, get measured, etc. His B&M is at capacity, and its lucky that he even continues with the mail order.

That said, I now just place larger orders when in HK. 2 day turnaround, and Ricky available to make adjustments

K
post #28 of 42
yeah. maybe some people imagine jantzen to be a large tailoring establishment in the glitziest part of hongkong, with probably bolts of cloth lined up neatly on some large dark wooden display rack, and plush carpeting and leather armchairs where you can sit and wait while somebody gets you a cup of oolong tea.
post #29 of 42
My recent experience.

I placed an order on 22 September.

On 14 October I received a confirmation email from Ricky apologizing for the delay and saying that my shirt would go out ASAP. Ricky also charged my card on the 14th.

My guess is that the shirt was done on the 14th and mailed soon thereafter because it was on my desk this morning. It must have arrived last week while I was in California. Now I've got to run home and see how it fits.

I get the distinct feeling that when you get a "confirmation" email from Ricky, your shirt is going to be made that day unless the email contains questions rather than being a true confirmation.
post #30 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo
My recent experience.

I placed an order on 22 September.

On 14 October I received a confirmation email from Ricky apologizing for the delay and saying that my shirt would go out ASAP. Ricky also charged my card on the 14th.

My guess is that the shirt was done on the 14th and mailed soon thereafter because it was on my desk this morning. It must have arrived last week while I was in California. Now I've got to run home and see how it fits.

I get the distinct feeling that when you get a "confirmation" email from Ricky, your shirt is going to be made that day unless the email contains questions rather than being a true confirmation.
That's generally consistent with my experiences.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jantzen turnaround time.