or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread *** - Page 21

post #301 of 368
are the shoes still the Rad by Aldo label? Would have no problem with it personally if it was but at least he should have priced similar to Aldo shoe pricing, kind of like what Christian Siriano does with payless.
post #302 of 368
Has Karlota Laspalas been mentioned yet? Fantastic. http://karlotalaspalas.blogspot.com/p/collections.html
post #303 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
can't stand by Hourani, he seems way too focused on androgyny and it only takes away from the clothes in my opinion.

Ohai I parrot everything that SZ says
post #304 of 368
^exactly, kid has been drinking the koolaid
post #305 of 368
I really like rad. a lot.
post #306 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post
Ohai I parrot everything that SZ says
Loooool, wow so basically if you dislike what he's going for you agree with SZ Don't get mad cuz you're number #456789988776543321 on this site that wears incongruous stuff with RO leathers.
post #307 of 368
Thread Starter 
^ U mad? Can't tell if you're parodying Kunk or being serious. It's not like there's a thread about Rad on the first page of SZ's "Seasonal Collections" in which prominent members criticize the androgyny aspect or anything. Wait.
post #308 of 368
Your point? So if you dislike an aspect about a collection, not to mention a big part of it that means I'm parroting them? Gimme a break...it's just overly done, the guys look like chicks... And yah, just because you buy one of the plainer classic Rick leathers doesn't mean it fits well with your assortment of button ups.
post #309 of 368
Thread Starter 
When has "guys look like chicks" ever been a valid criticism for fashion? Your posts are getting more and more comical and I don't think it's intentional. Give it a break, dude.
post #310 of 368
It seems a bit odd that a forum populated in part by people who wear Rick Owens heels as a regular part of their attire would also give rise to so many complaints about dressing androgynously. I'm not that familiar with Style Zeitgeist, though - is it more heterogeneous than I was lead to believe? And yeah, I don't think that "looking like a chick" is a terribly valid criticism of teh fashunz, because (let's face it) there are broad swathes of the population that see a man displaying any modicum of interest in "fashion" as being either feminine or "gay" (or both). Where does the great sliding scale of androgyny start and stop? Anyway, I can't believe that this argument has spilled over into so many threads.
post #311 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo View Post
It seems a bit odd that a forum populated in part by people who wear Rick Owens heels as a regular part of their attire would also give rise to so many complaints about dressing androgynously. I'm not that familiar with Style Zeitgeist, though - is it more heterogeneous than I was lead to believe? And yeah, I don't think that "looking like a chick" is a terribly valid criticism of teh fashunz, because (let's face it) there are broad swathes of the population that see a man displaying any modicum of interest in "fashion" as being either feminine or "gay" (or both). Where does the great sliding scale of androgyny start and stop?

Anyway, I can't believe that this argument has spilled over into so many threads.

Cause Lane has latched onto it after he bought some rick and feels the need to bring it up all the time.
post #312 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post
Cause Lane has latched onto it after he bought some rick and feels the need to bring it up all the time.

No comment.

Slightly back on topic:
When does F/W usually start to appear in stores (in the NYC area)? I'm guessing that it varies, but is there an approximate month or so when one should start looking out for some of these pieces?
post #313 of 368
I bring it up cuz the people that attack me are the ones who don't enjoy my comments cuz I'm really blunt cuz I could care less. Plus, I'm obviously gonna be ganged up on since I'm talking about most of the board here. Also, don't be surprised cuz some of the fruitiest looking guys on SZ gave shit to uncontrol as well. Also, I like how someone derails by trying to be cute and then I'm a scapegoat, lulz
post #314 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo View Post
No comment.

Slightly back on topic:
When does F/W usually start to appear in stores (in the NYC area)? I'm guessing that it varies, but is there an approximate month or so when one should start looking out for some of these pieces?

End of July.
post #315 of 368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
I bring it up cuz the people that attack me are the ones who don't enjoy my comments cuz I'm really blunt cuz I could care less. Plus, I'm obviously gonna be ganged up on since I'm talking about most of the board here.

Right, we all wear rick with our BoO here. I don't think we would be ganging up if you had anything more than a poorly thought out and derivative argument. You're not blunt, just silly. It's obvious that you've been drinking the SZ water, so go post there about it if you're so desperate for validation by like-minded folks. You can come back later to tell us all about how CCP is the be-all end-all of clothing, maybe share some stories about plebs around campus never daring to criticize your oh-so-intellectual and personal style. Your posts about your style and that of others reek of inarticulate condescension, and frankly, it's annoying.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread ***