• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do when your wife/GF is away?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Your wife or GF is out of town for a few days. What do you do that is different than when she is around?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I kind of go to pieces; it's actually pretty embarrassing. She is a highly domesticating influence on me. I eat terribly, because cooking for me isn't as fun as cooking for her. I don't put away clothes or dishes or clean up after myself, it's pretty lame. I stay up really late for no reason at all.

It's even harder now with the baby because I can't just go out and eat and not make a mess at home instead. I generally try to find some company to come over or somewhere to go with her.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee
...oh and leave the seat up.

total bad ass
tounge.gif

Pinhas

Reaction score
My meaningless text conversations dwindle to zero and I actually get to listen to my Iphone music without tri-hourly distruptions.

Good times

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I go out a buy a dungeness crab and cook it and eat it along with melted butter, garlic bread and cole slaw.
inlove.gif

(she can't stand the smell)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm. Last time this happened...before the children arrived... I watched the movies I wanted to watch (it was Repo Man and In Bruges), listen to the music I want to hear on the main stereo - as loud as I want, cook what I feel like eating, stay up too late and wake up too early, and brew the coffee a bit stronger. Now that I have little ones...it may mean a Barney marathon or something.
frown.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy a bunch of turkey, pepper jack cheese, greens and bread to make sandwiches for a few days.

Watch TV series and shows I have fallen behind on.

Watch movies I'd been meaning to catch that I know she wouldn't like.

Play hours of video games that I never get around to when she's home.

Beat it like 3-4 time per day.

Drink straight out of the milk jug (she hates that haha!).

Eat cereal while on the couch.

If it's football Sunday I'll order a pizza and just hang out in the living room in shorts, t-shirt, and slippers all day.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bathe, feed, dress and take care of 3 kids. not much more than that

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
her sister

169j8u8.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
twice my wife and kids were away. twice i had grand plans of debauchery. twice i watched Appreciation and ate wings and missed them by day 2.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
twice my wife and kids were away. twice i had grand plans of debauchery. twice i watched Appreciation and ate wings and missed them by day 2.

Sounds about right.

For me, I eat steak twice a day and beat it, watch fucked up movies or read comics, maybe get into some random project.
That and take some really long naps at inappropriate times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics