or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Eng Garment Bedford
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eng Garment Bedford - Page 2

post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberry
No thinsulate.

Oh thank God
post #17 of 41
Does anyone know the background info on the bedford? I think I remember hearing something about it being a barber's jacket. Most Engineered Garments usually have some kind of historical signifigance right? Or am I way off?
post #18 of 41
Since the Norfolk was brought up and this thread was started about the Herringbone Bedford, I though, why not combine the two. Presenting the Herringbone Norfolk:



http://c-shack.com/chika/c_shop/eg_jk_7.html

$443 (assuming 116Yen = $1), w/o shipping to the US and middleman fees (which would bump this up to over $500).
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Since the Norfolk was brought up and this thread was started about the Herringbone Bedford, I though, why not combine the two. Presenting the Herringbone Norfolk:

$443 (assuming 116Yen = $1), w/o shipping to the US and middleman fees (which would bump this up to over $500).

Remember that Japanese prices are typically 10-20% higher than US prices. This would be about $400 in a US retailer.
post #20 of 41
that jacket is nuts. I'd buy it if it weren't so expensive, i'm currently on the hunt for this ben sherman jacket in a small.

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...882-5008-4.jpg
post #21 of 41
I tried that herringbone Norfolk jacket on at Nomad. It's definitely the best EG jacket I've ever seen.
post #22 of 41
In s/s 06 they had a lighter weight version of this. Hopefully they'll have one in 07. If so, I'm all over it.
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock
that jacket is nuts. I'd buy it if it weren't so expensive, i'm currently on the hunt for this ben sherman jacket in a small.

Looks pretty sweet. Are those hand warmers or just pockets?
post #24 of 41
not sure...just pockets i assume.


http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...882-5008-5.jpg

more pics of the jacket and the fit. i wonder more what the fit is though, as i've never bought any ben sherman other than shirts and would wonder if a small would be small enough
post #25 of 41
Norfolk is pretty nice, but I don't care for those buttons or the fact that it is not fully lined.
post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
Norfolk is pretty nice, but I don't care for those buttons or the fact that it is not fully lined.
?? it is fully lined.
post #27 of 41
how does the bedford look buttoned all the way up?

plus how does engineered stuff fit? is it superslim like nice collective?
post #28 of 41
No, it's usually rather boxy, though this season is supposedly a little more fitted.
post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Since the Norfolk was brought up and this thread was started about the Herringbone Bedford, I though, why not combine the two. Presenting the Herringbone Norfolk:

$443 (assuming 116Yen = $1), w/o shipping to the US and middleman fees (which would bump this up to over $500).

I saw this jacket in Barney's Coop in NY. I really liked it, but my wife was not feeling it one bit. Said I looked like a Chinese communist peasant or something, which wasn't entirely untrue, but that's not necessarily a bad look.

It was also under 400 bucks. I don't know if they still have it though. We saw the corduroy version at Odin, which my wife liked a lot better.
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe E Taleo
I saw this jacket in Barney's Coop in NY. I really liked it, but my wife was not feeling it one bit. Said I looked like a Chinese communist peasant or something, which wasn't entirely untrue, but that's not necessarily a bad look.

It was also under 400 bucks. I don't know if they still have it though. We saw the corduroy version at Odin, which my wife liked a lot better.

so we should all pitch in and get one for Kent.

-Jeff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Eng Garment Bedford