or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inis Meain knitwear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inis Meain knitwear - Page 11

post #151 of 236
I would not try to get 2" of stretch in the body of any sweater, will ruin the shape/proportions
post #152 of 236
Do you mean this? I have that same sweater in size small, and it doesn't run that short ...
post #153 of 236
Ebay seller tendafritz has been putting up some choice pieces for a little while now. There is three up now I would BIN in a heartbeat, but all her/his pieces are much too small for me.
post #154 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Do you mean this? I have that same sweater in size small, and it doesn't run that short ...

That's the one. And yes mine is that short, so there may be some variations from piece to piece. Do you know what the length is on yours?

I also have a IM boat builder sweater from A/W 2012 and it measures 23.5" in length (from back, laid flat) so IM does seem to run quite short in length, at least in size S.
post #155 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post

Ebay seller tendafritz has been putting up some choice pieces for a little while now. There is three up now I would BIN in a heartbeat, but all her/his pieces are much too small for me.

I was about to buy the brown gansey when it sold as I was trying to explain to her how to measure the back length of the sweater ffffuuuu.gif

Just as well, though, because I'm getting tired of trying to figure out if an IM knit will be long enough confused.gif
Maybe I need to move on to another brand... I have a few IM knits and plenty of Inverallans at this point. Any other ideas? I wish I had grabbed a Scott and Charters cardigan from NMWA. Love my IM kit caps, though.
post #156 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

I was about to buy the brown gansey when it sold as I was trying to explain to her how to measure the back length of the sweater ffffuuuu.gif

Just as well, though, because I'm getting tired of trying to figure out if an IM knit will be long enough confused.gif
Maybe I need to move on to another brand... I have a few IM knits and plenty of Inverallans at this point. Any other ideas? U wish I had grabbed a Scott and Charters cardigan from NMWA.

You should look into vintage brands. Vintage Pringle, John Lainge and Alan Paine.
post #157 of 236

i have the epaulet Scott and Charter one which is basically identical to the NMWA one, and it is doing an amazing job of keeping me warm in MA winter. full endorsement

post #158 of 236
Sizing is rather variable across models, in my experience. The shawl collar and crew neck gansey that NMWA sells fit me well in a medium -- nice and slim. The medium in the Aran button jacket (which resembles the SNS Herning Stark) and all donegal sweaters, by contrast, have fabric that drapes under my armpits and around my waist and sleeves that run well past my wrists. I do not believe in slavishness to "manufacturer's intent," so I sized down to a small in those models, which fits similarly to a medium in the shawl collar and crew neck gansey.
post #159 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Sizing is rather variable across models, in my experience. The shawl collar and crew neck gansey that NMWA sells fit me well in a medium -- nice and slim. The medium in the Aran button jacket (which resembles the SNS Herning Stark) and all donegal sweaters, by contrast, have fabric that drapes under my armpits and around my waist and sleeves that run well past my wrists. I do not believe in slavishness to "manufacturer's intent," so I sized down to a small in those models, which fits similarly to a medium in the shawl collar and crew neck gansey.

For context, what are your chest size and height?
post #160 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisfits View Post

For context, what are your chest size and height?

I am 5'10" and 170-175 lbs. My chest size is 39"-39.5". I am a true 39R or a slim 40R (take a 38R in makes that run large).
post #161 of 236
I highly recommend the tailored IM outwear produced by Luciano Barbera. I finally got to pick up my overcoat and it's a classic.
post #162 of 236

If anyone's interested, I just received this in size Small and will probably have to return it:

http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/sweaters/crew-neck-sweater-turqoise

 

So I'd be happy to let to go at cost shipped CONUS - otherwise I've got to send it back.  PM me if interested.

post #163 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

Just snagged this beauty

zqxd.jpg

7onk.jpg

I just bought this in navy, also from The Bureau. Does anyone know what the buttons are made of? Also, does anyone think the fit in the shoulders are a bit off? I am broad shouldered, but it is as if the sleeves are sewn on a bit too far from the shoulders. Fit everywhere else is fine.
post #164 of 236

Buttons are horn.  

post #165 of 236

Guys, quite new to the brand here, but I have a question. Kind of understanding the price points for linen knitwear, but what does make a merino sweater by Inis Meain more expensive than Scottish cashmere sweater by Jonhstons for example?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inis Meain knitwear