or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inis Meain knitwear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inis Meain knitwear - Page 2

post #16 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
^They just dropped the price on the two fair isles to 50%!

noticed this ... not bad
post #17 of 202
Barney's also stocks Inis Meain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Green View Post
Typically Irish that you lot can pick up Inis Meain easier than I can here in Dublin. It's the same with Donegal tweeds and knits. I spend a fair bit of time in Donegal and the lack of marketing and pride in their products makes me despair.


Ha I was looking forward to visiting Magee of Donegal when I drove through there a couple years ago but when you go in all you see is high street standard merch. The bolts of tweed etc. were in another room and certainly not the highlight.
post #18 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
Ha I was looking forward to visiting Magee of Donegal when I drove through there a couple years ago but when you go in all you see is high street standard merch. The bolts of tweed etc. were in another room and certainly not the highlight.

That Magee shop in Donegal town is particularly depressing. So much potential wasted. I'd love to get my hands on it like one of those retail makeover shows.

Donegal tweed and Irish knitwear in general is in the same state that Harris tweed got itself into. That's why you have to admire what Inis Meain are doing.
post #19 of 202
Forgot to add earlier: Inis Meain now has a distributor in NYC and it will probably become easier to find their stuff stateside over the next year or two.
post #20 of 202
The Fedex guy was nice enough to stop by on a holiday this morning. This turtleneck is so incredibly warm and soft. At first, I was unsure about the neck because it is somewhat loose, but after putting it on, I'd say it's just perfect. So worth full retail from Nitty Gritty and more than makes up for sizing my Inverallan incorrectly.
post #21 of 202
nice
post #22 of 202
Very interesting, never thought i would see Aran Sweaters on the styleforum. Hand Knit ones with cable designs usually go for around the €120 mark, il have to have a look at Inis Meain's to see if there is a difference in quality or is it just good marketing or both?

Oh and hello everyone.
post #23 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post



The Fedex guy was nice enough to stop by on a holiday this morning. This turtleneck is so incredibly warm and soft. At first, I was unsure about the neck because it is somewhat loose, but after putting it on, I'd say it's just perfect. So worth full retail from Nitty Gritty and more than makes up for sizing my Inverallan incorrectly.

The knit looks much tighter than my Scottish version. Very nice.
post #24 of 202
Thread Starter 
Looks great Zissou.
post #25 of 202
Barneys had a fair isle that had an extremely softhand. It was a beautiful piece and I'm considering picking it up if it's still around.
post #26 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw View Post
Looks great Zissou.

Agreed. Good pickup and fit there, z. Congrats.
post #27 of 202
Is it correct to go TTS on all the knits at Nitty Gritty?
post #28 of 202
Thanks all. Best purchase of 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaillimh Abu View Post
Very interesting, never thought i would see Aran Sweaters on the styleforum. Hand Knit ones with cable designs usually go for around the €120 mark, il have to have a look at Inis Meain's to see if there is a difference in quality or is it just good marketing or both?

Oh and hello everyone.
Hello there. I don't think there's any comparison between the typical Aran knit and Inis Meain, aside from that they may look similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
The knit looks much tighter than my Scottish version. Very nice.
Thank you. It is much slimmer than a typical Aran, which is partly why I chose it. The fit is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydc7 View Post
Is it correct to go TTS on all the knits at Nitty Gritty?
Hard to say about all of them, but mine is TTS. I'm almost always a Medium.
post #29 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Thanks all. Best purchase of 2011


Hello there. I don't think there's any comparison between the typical Aran knit and Inis Meain, aside from that they may look similar.

That one fits you like a glove and it looks great, well wear. When i was looking for chunkier knits this year most of what was in the shops was poor quality. I hadn't thought of Aran's until i walked past the local store. The quality was great but the fits on the traditional types were quite boxy unfortunately.

I live close to the Aran Islands and visit during the summer months il have to take a look when i'm out.
post #30 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaillimh Abu View Post
I live close to the Aran Islands and visit during the summer months il have to take a look when i'm out.

i'm from blarney. when i was in school i worked in the woolen mills. one of my duties was to write fake names / signatures of the lady who knit the the wool on the labels of the aran jumpers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inis Meain knitwear