or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shopping in Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shopping in Napoli - Page 3

post #31 of 47
Ey Banis, how is that Merolla ( uknow for me ) compared to Finamore?

Got the same collars? as Eduardo?
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post
Will do after its arrival.
As for the Finamore in Russia - yeah, I think that they are quite successful. I don't know who are main clients, but there quite a lot of them. The same situation is with many other brands - Isaia, Partenopea, La Vera, etc. For example, Ulturale ties are sold here for almost 300 Euro. Kiton ties I saw with the price tag of 400 EUR. It is really a crazy market in some spheres.

No problem!

I can sign this statement - have seen Finamore shirts quite often here.
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post
Russian retailers quote 15.000 RUR for the Finamore as the starting point, which is almost 400 EUR.
In reality (as opposed to fantasies and horror stories), they start from ~11 000 RUR in Russia. Andrey
post #34 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreyb2 View Post
In reality (as opposed to fantasies and horror stories), they start from ~11 000 RUR in Russia. Andrey
Have you been to the Finamore store in M. Bronnaya? There is also a nice little shop next door to the Finamore that carries St. Crispin's shoes, which also have a horror price tag. I was not talking to the online shopping. Be it Russian or foreign e-shop, where one can find those shirts much cheaper. It was price named to me for the MTM shirts before any discounts (if I am not mistaken, you could get 15% discount as maximum).
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
Borrelli, Finamore, London House, Attolini, Scafora and others are all in the Chiaia district, together with a great hotel I can recommend, Palazzo Alabardieri. Everything is within a 5-10 minute walk from one another, with a couple of nice restaurants thrown in. The Toledo district with Solito, etc. is about a 10 minute taxi away.

The Chiaia area is decidedly upmarket and I've felt safe walking around at all hours of the day and night. Haven't spent much time around Toledo but it does appear a bit gritter, to my eye.

If you are nice Ambrosi will walk with you to Solito. They are only about five minutes apart but I couldn't duplicate the route if my life depended on it.
post #36 of 47
Visit also Cilento: http://www.cilento1780.com/
post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
If you are nice Ambrosi will walk with you to Solito. They are only about five minutes apart but I couldn't duplicate the route if my life depended on it.
Did he take you all the way through the Spanish Quarter?
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post
Have you been to the Finamore store in M. Bronnaya? There is also a nice little shop next door to the Finamore that carries St. Crispin's shoes, which also have a horror price tag.

I was not talking to the online shopping. Be it Russian or foreign e-shop, where one can find those shirts much cheaper.
It was price named to me for the MTM shirts before any discounts (if I am not mistaken, you could get 15% discount as maximum).

I was in TsUM yesterday - discounted Finamore shirts sell for 7500 - 9000 Rubles (250-300$).

...and most of them looked like pyjamas
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-K-L View Post
I was in TsUM yesterday - discounted Finamore shirts sell for 7500 - 9000 Rubles (250-300$).

...and most of them looked like pyjamas
and the point is....? Sale is 50%, which leads to the price that I initially said. And there are no offers for the mtm shirts...
Just as an example, last summer in July during the sale I got a couple of Finamore shirts for 105 euro in Napoli.
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by banis View Post
and the point is....? Sale is 50%, which leads to the price that I initially said. And there are no offers for the mtm shirts...
Just as an example, last summer in July during the sale I got a couple of Finamore shirts for 105 euro in Napoli.

I just wanted to prove your point Do not buy overpriced pyjamas...
post #41 of 47
I was in Naples during the summer, stayed in kind of a bad part of town, mountains of garbage, with Italian special forces road blocks everywhere. I felt safe just about everywhere, but the train station after dark was creepy as there was poor lighting and everyone looked like the wanted to hurt me, lol. On the good side of town there were some very well dressed people, and some of the best gelaterias in all of italy. I don't know what it is ,but there is something magical about Naples, definitely going back one day(hopefully comming home with a tailored attolini...)
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze View Post
How was your experience at Merolla? Do you speak Italian? What is the pricing? How many fittings did you do?

Overall I am very satisfied with my experience with Merolla.
They are the only shirt maker that I contacted in Naples who could turn around the trial shirt within 24 hours.

The pricing is in the region of 200-250 euros, depending on the fabric you choose (there's 50 euros surcharge on Carlo Riva fabrics) and they have an impressively wide range of fabrics from the top-tier mills.

I had no issue communicating with them even though I don't speak Italian at all; what would be best however is to articulate all the details you want in Italian upfront to make sure that you get all the right details.

Their shop is just 1 minute's walk from Finamore store (and 5-10 mins from Rubinacci / Cappelli) so very easy to get around, too.
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Louche View Post
A bit unrelated, but what is he going rate for a two-piece bespoke suit from a mid-level tailor in Naples?

My "local" tailor in Naples charges around 1,000 - 1,300 euros for a 2 piece suit.
I made a very decent 2 piece suit with a Cacioppoli s150's fabric and I paid 1,100 euros.
Given that the trousers are made by Mora and the jacket is fully hand made, I think it's very reasonable.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdice View Post
My "local" tailor in Naples charges around 1,000 - 1,300 euros for a 2 piece suit.
I made a very decent 2 piece suit with a Cacioppoli s150's fabric and I paid 1,100 euros.
Given that the trousers are made by Mora and the jacket is fully hand made, I think it's very reasonable.

Do you have any photos that you wouldn't mind sharing with us?

-LR
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post
Do you have any photos that you wouldn't mind sharing with us?

-LR
I don't, but will try to take some pictures over the weekend.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shopping in Napoli