or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NY Times Article on StyleForum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NY Times Article on StyleForum - Page 10

post #136 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
bodybuilding.com got bought by Liberty Media a couple years ago (06 maybe), ever since then the site went down hill in a big way; although it probably peaked around 02-04. Now it's just a prepubescent clusterfuck of misinformation by people who don't lift.

The whole "rep" thing was what soured it for me.

All the good members got bought out by free supplements and became biased.
post #137 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post
The whole "rep" thing was what soured it for me.

All the good members got bought out by free supplements and became biased.

That was probably the beginning of the end. I was really soured when they sold out their members to a certain supplement company who in turn filed law suits against the members for writing less than favorable reviews of their products.
post #138 of 171
Geez, I thought their annual supplement awards meant something. Oh well,
post #139 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
That was probably the beginning of the end. I was really soured when they sold out their members to a certain supplement company who in turn filed law suits against the members for writing less than favorable reviews of their products.


That was a bad deal. There was a surprising amount of drama on that board. I still enjoyed it when PA came to visit


Quote:
Originally Posted by entrero View Post
Geez, I thought their annual supplement awards meant something. Oh well,

Haha they don't mean much. It seems like BSN and all the other companies with big marketing budgets still do better than anyone else. I do like the number rating system for the supplements. Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but it is helpful.
post #140 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post
I still enjoyed it when PA came to visit

Hahaha shit I remember when PA used to post before he went to jail, those were the days.
post #141 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
Hahaha shit I remember when PA used to post before he went to jail, those were the days.

He came back after, it seemed like he was constantly being banned for something or another. I loved how he would test for ingredients in products, but could never tell us what they were even when they could have been dangerous and/or were lying about what was in them. Meh I prefer SF over bb.com any day. (even though everyone here is afraid of squats )
post #142 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
There is always a slight dip after Christmas (or has been for the last 6 years I've been tracking, in any case). We are working on ways to make the forum more attractive to high quality posters like F Corbera and Manton. We are doing well, but never want to get complacent.

Fok - just curious, when does traffic begin to pick up usually? And are there times in the year when traffic peaks?
post #143 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingred View Post
Fok - just curious, when does traffic begin to pick up usually? And are there times in the year when traffic peaks?

Still trying to find a proper answer to this question....
post #144 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Steve B exists only to troll me now.

post #145 of 171
what up with all the spam?

It's pretty terrible for a forum this size... add some mods to address or something..

sorry, didnt know where else to put this
post #146 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
what up with all the spam?

It's pretty terrible for a forum this size... add some mods to address or something..

sorry, didnt know where else to put this

Dude, it's a Sunday. They are with their families.
post #147 of 171
i've only been registered for like 30 days and i'm already not letting my family get in the way of styleforum... dudes need to man-up
post #148 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
i've only been registered for like 30 days and i'm already not letting my family get in the way of styleforum... dudes need to man-up

post #149 of 171


post #150 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
i've only been registered for like 30 days and i'm already not letting my family get in the way of styleforum... dudes need to man-up

+1

I spent last night having dinner with a bunch of family members. It was at another person's house, some late Christmas presents were exchanged, and I got to see my niece.

Came back and saw that I missed out on a pair of Mabitex pants I really wanted.

Never again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NY Times Article on StyleForum