or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Active Endeavours to Toronto
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Active Endeavours to Toronto

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hey Guys,

This is a question for all you Canadians on the board, or anyone else who knows the answer. I'm looking to order something from Active Endeavours and I know it says they have free ground shipping to Canada on their site, but I also know they use UPS. I have heard UPS charges a very large amount upon delivery to bring packages across the border. I have heard this amount is sometimes half the value of the item. I know there will be duty fees, but are the duty fees a lot larger then the ones charged by say USPS? I have never had anything from the US deliverd via UPS.

Thanks a bunch!
post #2 of 6
Getting things shipped to Canada via UPS means automatic massive duty fees. UPS "handles" customs for you (instead of Canadian customs), and they charge something like a $30 fee just for doing this "service" for you (i.e., any duty fees assessed will be charged ON TOP of that fee). You can, I think, contact UPS immediately after ordering (or something) and have them send it to Canadian customs instead of doing the customs stuff themselves but I don't know how this works, exactly.
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
Getting things shipped to Canada via UPS means automatic massive duty fees. UPS "handles" customs for you (instead of Canadian customs), and they charge something like a $30 fee just for doing this "service" for you (i.e., any duty fees assessed will be charged ON TOP of that fee).
I don't think its a flat rate, I believe its proportionate to the worth of the item. Last thing I got shipped to me via UPS : $55 charge. Never again EDIT- USPS is the best in my experience. Usually a $10-15 charge on delivery.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott
I don't think its a flat rate, I believe its proportionate to the worth of the item.
its both - you get fucked twice.
post #5 of 6
You can call UPS and tell them that you don't need them for the customs. You might have to fill some paperwork, but it'll save you all the UPS fees.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000dB
You can call UPS and tell them that you don't need them for the customs. You might have to fill some paperwork, but it'll save you all the UPS fees.
I've heard you can do this. Has anyone on here done this and if so, how much work was it? Thanks for all the help guys
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Active Endeavours to Toronto