or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Would you bring back the funky bunch (banned members)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Would you bring back the funky bunch (banned members)? - Page 5

post #61 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Some informed people there.

As well as some textbook psychopaths who consistently couldn't play nicely with others. I find that their ability to provide any worthwhile information is so overshadowed by a core group of posters whose disdain and paranoia about those who have somehow done them injustice is tiresome, at best. It just ain't worth the time.
post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
As well as some textbook psychopaths who consistently couldn't play nicely with others. I find that their ability to provide any worthwhile information is so overshadowed by a core group of posters whose disdain and paranoia about those who have somehow done them injustice is tiresome, at best. It just ain't worth the time.


Psychopaths or sociopaths -
post #63 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
Psychopaths or sociopaths -

Yes.
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Yes.


Just saw your signature to paraphrase:

The devil wears Edward Green, the Pope wears Prada.
post #65 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Recently, I've come to have a new appreciation for Devil's Island (FNB has actually encouraged me to keep calling it that). The posts are thoughful, informative and well written, not to mention very focused on sartorial matters.

I agree with aportnoy. It's a shame every other post is nothing less than a tired rant directed at other MB posters/moderators (essentially Manton, JCusey, Alex K. and Andy). I've been there and tried to appreciate some of the discussion but they never miss an opportunity to take shots at others as if the forum's raison d'etre is to comment on other fora - it's quite sad really. Just see the recent threads on a super moderator (i.e. Malinda) or on internet personas.
post #66 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
I agree with aportnoy. It's a shame every other post is nothing less than a tired rant directed at other MB posters/moderators (essentially Manton, JCusey, Alex K. and Andy). I've been there and tried to appreciate some of the discussion but they never miss an opportunity to take shots at others as if the forum's raison d'etre is to comment on other fora - it's quite sad really. Just see the recent threads on a super moderator (i.e. Malinda) or on internet personas.


I was looking over there and couldn't find any posts by Josh or Ernest.
post #67 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
I agree with aportnoy. It's a shame every other post is nothing less than a tired rant directed at other MB posters/moderators (essentially Manton, JCusey, Alex K. and Andy). I've been there and tried to appreciate some of the discussion but they never miss an opportunity to take shots at others as if the forum's raison d'etre is to comment on other fora - it's quite sad really. Just see the recent threads on a super moderator (i.e. Malinda) or on internet personas.

I noted the same trend.
post #68 of 81
I voted for none. I miss none of them.
post #69 of 81
Styleforum is not a place to gripe about the other sites. So let's stop it now. I don't care what is or is not allowed on other sites. Thanks guys.

Fok.

BTW, if you want to gripe about someone's style, that's legit. Do it in Men's clothing (or streetwear, as is your wont.) If you want to gripe about someone's politics, contain it to Current Events. If you want to gripe about the moderation. PM me. I am busy though, and may not respond...
post #70 of 81
I need to check this thread more often. What did I miss?

Fine, fine, joking . I still fail to a) see the motivation of the OP and b) the point of bringing back miscreants that have been banned for more than just having an opposing viewpoint to the mods and general forum populace.
post #71 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
I still fail to a) see the motivation of the OP and b) the point of bringing back miscreants that have been banned for more than just having an opposing viewpoint to the mods and general forum populace.

Sorry but I didn't have any specific motivation. I was just curious about the topic after reading a couple threads mentioning these guys. I didn't read anything about Josh or some of the others being miscreants but maybe I overlooked those comments.
post #72 of 81
I think that sometimes members who are banned could be considered important historical figures on the internet because the opinions they express make such a strong reaction in others that many of the posters who are considered powerful on the forums feel threatened enough to persecute those members into being banned much like many dissidents in various countries have been exiled or assassinated. I don't mean to imply a person like Josh is equal to a historical figure such as Ghandi but in some ways they do have similar traits.
post #73 of 81
Necroposting?
post #74 of 81
I think Kasper and Joseph K. Bank should be added to the poll.
post #75 of 81
What about Coho?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Would you bring back the funky bunch (banned members)?