or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › APC price increase??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

APC price increase?? - Page 2

post #16 of 103
damn. anyone know a good alternative to black petit standards? i remember paying 155. 185 is downright outrageous when there's brands like 3sixteen and the like
post #17 of 103
n/m
post #18 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviecakes View Post
damn. anyone know a good alternative to black petit standards? i remember paying 155. 185 is downright outrageous when there's brands like 3sixteen and the like

+1, i mean saying its outrageous is a bit of an exaggeration lol. do want nice black tapered jeans without buying more dior =[
post #19 of 103
I own one pair of APC jeans, bought them in 1997 for $105 (full price), they're made of gray selvedge denim with a bright orange selvedge ID.
post #20 of 103
Just a few years back they were only selling for $110-115. I bought my pair in 04 at Azalea for around that price. $185 is a total rip
post #21 of 103
This sucks, I was going to get some new standards soon and be done with it. But now it looks like I gotta consider another sub $200 alternatives.
post #22 of 103
I would pin it on supply and demand / inflation. On an aside, if you don't like the price increase, ever consider buying from another brand? I thought most of SF was cognizant of voting with their dollars. APC used to be entry level a few years ago, but seems like they've fallen out of favor. I wasn't too impressed with their quality when I tried on their NS' at a store, so bought something else instead.
post #23 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho Panzo Christ View Post
does this mean they improved teh quality?
I highly doubt it. I would guess it is more likely due to inflation, the falling dollar, rising cotton prices, or some combination of all three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
shit ... apc's are a steal even at $275.
Is that a dig at ROY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx View Post
I would pin it on supply and demand / inflation. On an aside, if you don't like the price increase, ever consider buying from another brand? I thought most of SF was cognizant of voting with their dollars. APC used to be entry level a few years ago, but seems like they've fallen out of favor. I wasn't too impressed with their quality when I tried on their NS' at a store, so bought something else instead.
APC is still entry level quality, but their prices are getting high for entry level, IMO.
post #24 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
I own one pair of APC jeans, bought them in 1997 for $105 (full price), they're made of gray selvedge denim with a bright orange selvedge ID.

Thats rly cool, you should post some pics!
post #25 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett.gay.edu.gov.jp View Post
Thats rly cool, you should post some pics!

I swear i just spent searching the Sufu APC thread for the past 10 minutes looking for my photos but i can't find it because the search function there barely works. I might have even posted them on Styleforum but i can't find that post either.
post #26 of 103
The increases price is most likely due to the euro going belly up and fucking up the exchange rate or someone at apc is a greedy bastard
post #27 of 103
Love my apcs and ten bucks isn't going to stop me from copping even though I get them for free

Went through the jap repro denim phase shit just doesn't look good. I'd probably pay 200 for new standards. They used to be $105 12 years ago.
post #28 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Love my apcs and ten bucks isn't going to stop me from copping even though I get them for free

Went through the jap repro denim phase shit just doesn't look good. I'd probably pay 200 for new standards. They used to be $105 12 years ago.

Some labels are getting good at making shit with awesome denim and cuts that don't blow. Not "repro" but you know what i mean
post #29 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
Is that a dig at ROY?
no, not at all ... just a joke in general. people: left field has a great option at $165 using cone selvage that is made in the states and the rogues territory 'steve' at $165 also using cone denim and made in the states so you do have some great alternatives at the old apc price that are better options. it is unlikely they changed the quality of the new apc although i dont know for sure.
post #30 of 103
Bought my NS's 3 years ago at $145, which was still a relative bargain. Much better options at $185 price point such as left field, crate, 3sixteen, rogue territory, etc. IMO this is APC getting greedy with their heightened popularity. Too bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › APC price increase??