or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Chan Blazer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chan Blazer

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
This is the last of my recent Chan purchases (to Mrs. Vintage Gent's great relief). I took delivery of it a few months ago and, with the new digital camera, am finally able to document it. (Ignore the slightly variant sleeve lengths; I had just put the jacket on and forgot to adjust them.)

It's two-button, single breasted with patch pockets and flat brass buttons. I know some in these precincts find brass blazer buttons anathema. But I like 'em, and would prefer this not become a referendum on their advisability.

The shirt is also Chan (as was the one I wore with the mohair DB). After reading Manton's book, I was inspired to add more checks to my shirt collection. The tie is Carlo Franco, the trousers Corneliani and the shoes Peal.



post #2 of 33
Very nice blazer. Seems to fit you well indeed.

I would request side and back photos as well.

I really like pairing that outfit with the spectators. Nice touch.

My only suggested change, and I know this is off-topic (my apologies) would be a grey snap brim fedora at a slightly rakish angle.
post #3 of 33
Vintage,

Your look is very stylish and urbane.

I would wager that you are the best dressed man in Galvez...

Regards!!!
post #4 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc237
My only suggested change, and I know this is off-topic (my apologies) would be a grey snap brim fedora at a slightly rakish angle.

I would, but the weather's still too warm for anything but a straw. Ususally, the felts don't come out until around mid-October, and by then spectators are put away for the season.
post #5 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
I would, but the weather's still too warm for anything but a straw. Ususally, the felts don't come out until around mid-October, and by then spectators are put away for the season.

Ah yes, I forgot you were way down south, my bad.
post #6 of 33
You've got just the right amount of break in your pants. I'm sure that the pants look good when either standing or walking. I know some people prefer a pant with no break. To me this looks OK when standing still; however, when walking the pants always seem too short, at least to my eye.
post #7 of 33
Very cool VG!
Have you seen the new proposed linen and leather spectators with a bit more toe shape that Allen Edmonds is bringing out next spring?
post #8 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Very cool VG!
Have you seen the new proposed linen and leather spectators with a bit more toe shape that Allen Edmonds is bringing out next spring?

Ooh! I haven't. Do tell more.
post #9 of 33
Looking good. I also had Chan make me a mod'd blazer a while back (badass zegna fabric, 3 b rolled, side vents, gray mop buttons, big pimpin'). It fits like a champ, but I'm humbled by vintage gent's accoutrement (sp), so I'll keep to myself.
post #10 of 33
The blazer seems to have a nice fit, and I like the buttons too.
post #11 of 33
Looks great on you VG, not that your hefty but this blazer seems to slim you down considerably compared to the DB.
post #12 of 33
I agree with whnay. That blazer with its waist suppression is very flattering on you. Two questions -- it looks like it has less roping than Chan's house default. Was that by your request? Also, what fabric did you select?

dan
post #13 of 33
Spot-on and exceptionally spiffy VG! I like the brass buttons too.
post #14 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328
I agree with whnay. That blazer with its waist suppression is very flattering on you. Two questions -- it looks like it has less roping than Chan's house default. Was that by your request? Also, what fabric did you select?

Thanks, Dan.

I didn't ask for less roping, but, you're right, it does have a bit less than my Chan suit jackets. I did, however, ask for more open quarters than my two previous SBs.

The fabric was a VBC 10oz.
post #15 of 33
great jacket and fit. The overall look just work on so many levels. You strike me as a very congenial and happy person. Don't ask me why I wrote that as I do not know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Chan Blazer