yeh i am sure mr toj would look forward to dealing with all the correspondence regarding measurements *facepalm*
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 578post #8656 of 545209/2/11 at 6:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8657 of 545209/2/11 at 6:41ampost #8658 of 545209/2/11 at 7:29ampost #8659 of 545209/2/11 at 7:37amThread StarterQuote:yeh i am sure mr toj would look forward to dealing with all the correspondence regarding measurements *facepalm*
yeah, this. People can't even measure themselves for a TOJ1 without making it incredibly difficult, and people still ask about half inches and stuff on the most casual jackets - suits are not going to happen. I had originally planned to make something like that years ago, before anything was made, but how naive I was....post #8660 of 545209/2/11 at 8:08ampost #8661 of 545209/2/11 at 10:08amThread Starterpost #8662 of 545209/2/11 at 12:03pmpost #8663 of 545209/2/11 at 12:03pmpost #8664 of 545209/2/11 at 12:18pmpost #8665 of 545209/2/11 at 12:24pmThread StarterQuote:
I don't know about those either, wallets for sure are done, bags may or may not happen. Going to trim some fat and only produce stuff that stays truest to what I've always made - the best option in leather jackets and outerwear for style conscious people who care about quality and recognize the value on their own. There are a lot of things built into the clothes that people may never understand, even if they're buying TOJ stuff. I do know that it may difficult to ever see things like this again, if TOJ goes by the wayside. I put stuff into the pieces that I don't talk about, sometimes even Dan doesn't know what makes up 100% of the finished product. Way too much work for me explain all of the recipes sometimes anyway, so it's better to simplify things and let it be 'leather jacket' or 'wool coat' and have that be that. No need to question, just know that I've put the goods into it already so you don't need to.
One thing I do know is that you will be able to pull these things out of your closet and feel it looks fresh, even in like 2015. Look at jaac and tell me if that's just not a really fucking nice piece of clothing. It took me two or three days of scrolling past that pic to realize that myself, and I've worn that actual jacket, but two years of just constantly looking at nice leather jackets has turned me numb and I forget how I used to feel when I saw a nice leather jacket. Now it's like, that level as a default, in my eyes. (that's good for you dudes buying stuff from me, but personally I don't even buy clothes for myself anymore because it's always disappointing how much they cost and how few brands have much quality or value built into them - that's kind of the genesis of me exploring bespoke suits lately)
Anyway, yeah, I'm not setting out to make some of everything. I can't do that. I don't have cheap labor or materials, in fact it's really expensive. For what the Uncontrol Rider cost me in materials it should've actually been priced at like, $2400 or something, to make for a safe margin over the cost, but obviously that wasn't gonna happen, and also I'm not giving him the entire anaconda, he's just getting some of it, even though I have to buy the whole thing and figure out what I'm gonna do with it later.
The price of TOJ stuff has remained the same for a year or more now and been essentially the same all along, for what goes into the stuff, but that's because there's only been a maximum of 3 people here, now two. That is why it's different than the typical product that keeps rolling down the hill, snowballing in markup and people's outstretched hands. Sometimes I'd like to see my own stuff in stores, etc, but that goes against a lot of what I've tried to do all along.post #8666 of 545209/2/11 at 12:47pmpost #8667 of 545209/2/11 at 1:09pmpost #8668 of 545209/2/11 at 1:11pmQuote:Anyway, yeah, I'm not setting out to make some of everything. I can't do that. I don't have cheap labor or materials, in fact it's really expensive. For what the Uncontrol Rider cost me in materials it should've actually been priced at like, $2400 or something, to make for a safe margin over the cost, but obviously that wasn't gonna happen, and also I'm not giving him the entire anaconda, he's just getting some of it, even though I have to buy the whole thing and figure out what I'm gonna do with it later.
Is there an emoticon to express guilt?
I know you gave me a steal of a price on that jacket and I really appreciate it. If it had been $2400 I don't know if I would have gone along with it, even if it was worth it. That aside, I hope you'll like the end result enough to ease your pain a bit.
As for the anaconda: I'm tellin' you man, bomber with anaconda patch.post #8669 of 545209/2/11 at 1:13pmpost #8670 of 545209/2/11 at 1:18pmThread StarterWell, the Uncontrol Rider isn't so much to my taste in theory obviously, but it's a worthy challenge if there ever were one. It's your original design and I respect that, a lot more so than the propositions of making some half-baked CCP or Julius ripoff thing. When it comes to the Uncontrol RIder, I'm like a matchmaker, and you have given me a bunch of info to narrow down the final product to your expectations... wheres the guys who have mistakenly viewed my leather jacket project as being some sort of CCP/Julius thing, that's like them asking for a blonde and me only ever having brunettes on offer, because I have a brunettes service or something. It'll just never work in theory.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1671 Active Users (398 Members and 1273 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 32 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 54 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 54 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...