And no need to apologize for the rant
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 4:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 3648post #54706 of 548157/27/16 at 2:36ampost #54707 of 548158/15/16 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
I feel like I've repeated this line endlessly on this thread
I don't give updates here for obvious reasons. 1) It doesn't help anything; 2) I know Drew follows it; and 3) people are always free to directly message me if they have questions. Once I verify your history in this thread and can confirm your identity, I'm happy to chat with you over the phone about the situation (I DM'd the earlier poster inviting him to chat with me, but haven't heard back).
Feel bad about getting snippy, but maybe keep one thing in mind? I'm working 100% for free and do this purely on a volunteer basis. I've put tons of hours into this, on top of my regular work schedule, which I obviously don't have to do. I've invited dozens of people to help; few have. If you're incensed about the situation (as I am), do something about it. Don't post in this thread prodding me to give you updates (often times with passive aggressive, "why don't you work harder/ more/ faster") like I'm your employee. If you want to see something happen, put in some work.
Anyone is welcome to message me to get updates or info to jump start their own efforts. The only thing I ask: don't call me to play armchair lawyer. I can give you info to jump start your efforts, but I've had to deal with dozens of people who have zero experience in law, telling me XYZ legal advice. That sort of thing takes a lot of time out of my day and it sucks cause in the end, the person just confirms the legal information I already have once I direct them to actual lawyers.
People are also welcome (and encouraged) to call me if they'd like to pitch in help/ time. But again, I'm not your employee, I don't owe you updates, and this very public thread is not a place to communicate such things anyway.
Also, while I'm ranting, please stop using this thread to post your crappy ToJ Buying/ Selling offers. There's a separate thread for that.
(Sorry for the rant.)
Now you listen here. Yes, it's true none of us pay you, and no I actually don't have a jacket on order, but I work very goddamn hard as a salesman at the Binkman Nissan dealership and when I get home I want to read this thread for my personal entertainment. I sold 3 Nissan's this month alone, each of them with more than 50K miles on them. Do you know how hard that is? So I want updates on the reg from now on do you understand me?post #54708 of 548158/15/16 at 11:17ampost #54709 of 548158/17/16 at 3:12pmpost #54710 of 548158/17/16 at 4:08pmQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/toj-updates-on-the-debacle-complaints-news-about-other-ventures-whatever/52180_20#post_7938455post #54711 of 548158/17/16 at 6:00pmQuote:
Think his burner login was something like "secondclasslogin" or "second class citizen" or some shit like that.post #54712 of 548158/17/16 at 9:47pmpost #54713 of 548158/18/16 at 3:33amQuote:Originally Posted by numbersix6
I tried to sell my spot before it seemed that the jackets were never to be delivered, but the guy I tried to sell it to said he had spoken to Drew and that my jacket had already been made. I know it is unlikely since I have yet to receive it, but is there any way I can check on that?
Email drew :^)
Sorry man, nobody knows.post #54714 of 548158/18/16 at 4:21ampost #54715 of 548158/22/16 at 10:13ampost #54716 of 548158/22/16 at 10:25ampost #54717 of 548158/22/16 at 10:41ampost #54718 of 548158/22/16 at 10:42amQuote:Quote:
A lot of people are pissed about this, and frankly that includes me, since I have to deal with this shit as well any time an affiliate pulls some shit. It's not like I have any control over it - some affiliates I have a hard time even getting in touch with - much less my having a direct hand in their affairs - and yet some people think that I exert some special power over them.
That said, knowing people who face or have faced financial troubles through no fault of their own whatsoever, like a contractor who is $30K in the hole because a crooked homeowner used the $60K promised to build an addition to finance the down payment for a new summer house instead, halfway through a project, or a guy who had to be hospitalized for pneumonia and actually had MRSA in his lungs and had to be operated on three times over as many months, and because of lack of adequate insurance, has a $500K bill on his record, calling the loss of $800 for a leather jacket, or $X for affiliate fees that were promised, never delivered, promised again, never delivered, etc... (sound familiar?), "financial ruin" is a bit insulting to people with real problems.
This does not mean that it doesn't suck to be out money, but if you are not out on the street or have had your credit tanked or whatever, you are not ruined.post #54719 of 548158/22/16 at 10:50amQuote:
Unless you wanted to resell the jacket how would it matter? For a family living hand to mouth a stupid fine or unplanned expenses in the hundreds can make the whole edifice fall but a teen not getting a leather jacket...
I can't believe I come to this forum and still see this thread...post #54720 of 548158/22/16 at 10:56am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 35 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › new wallet at 200 or under 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway