Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 3/19/17 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 3639post #54572 of 548223/1/16 at 1:30pmpost #54573 of 548223/2/16 at 9:06amQuote:
It probably is. Drew is the fall guy and everyone else stays quiet. The fact that they can still successfully run Falcon Garment afterwards is pretty damn scary.post #54574 of 548223/2/16 at 3:23pmA friend and I were talking about the ToJ case and he mentioned that he also got scammed by Lawless Denim (a custom denim brand on here that failed to deliver orders). Luckily, he got his money back. He wants to remain anonymous, but I can vouch that this is coming from a trustworthy dude. Hopefully someone finds the info below helpful. Even if not for this ToJ case, possibly for future orders from other companies.Quote:I paid for the jeans by Chase Visa in Dec. of 2014. In late April they stopped replying to emails. In July I asked Chase for a chargeback. They wouldn't do it, since the transaction was over 3 billing cycles ago. Then in Aug or Sept, I read on Selvedgestyle.com about a policy allowing chargebacks if fewer than 90 days had passed between the promised delivery date and your first complaint. Since I was promised in mid April that they'd be ready in early June, and I asked for a chargeback wi/in 90 days of early June (mid July), they granted the chargeback.
It took a few phone calls and emails though. As proof I had to send the chain of emails from Lawless (with the latest promise highlighted). I also included screenshots of promises Lawless made on Instagram that were under 90 days old, as well as letters to and from the Arizona Attorney General's office. (Lawless is based on AZ.) The AZ Atty Gen was very good about replying with letters and emails but took me off their list when I said I'd gotten the chargeback.
Things got complicated bec. Lawless lied to both the AZ Atty Gen and my CC, saying I had been sent jeans, given refunds, told long ago to ask my CC for a chargeback, etc. They also contested the chargeback, but my bank was satisfied by the simple fact that I'd requested the chargeback w/in 90 days of promised delivery.
I keep waiting for real news about whether they're prosecuting the owner. Nothing so far, although someone on Selvedgestyle claimed the owner fled the state.post #54575 of 548223/2/16 at 10:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
A friend and I were talking about the ToJ case and he mentioned that he also got scammed by Lawless Denim (a custom denim brand on here that failed to deliver orders). Luckily, he got his money back. He wants to remain anonymous, but I can vouch that this is coming from a trustworthy dude. Hopefully someone finds the info below helpful. Even if not for this ToJ case, possibly for future orders from other companies.
^pretty much what you did except my cc had 120 days limit,
you guys that have tried to chargeback around june is still good to go i think, at least call the cc company and tell them they didn;t make this option available and they should now that you're an informed consumer.post #54576 of 548223/3/16 at 4:45ampost #54577 of 548223/3/16 at 7:03ampost #54578 of 548223/4/16 at 8:19ampost #54579 of 548223/8/16 at 1:23pmpost #54580 of 548223/8/16 at 3:41pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
You guys have quite the imagination lolpost #54581 of 548223/8/16 at 4:36pmpost #54582 of 548223/9/16 at 5:32am
LOL so lol true, who could forget the months you knew Drew was stealing and kept mum because you "thought" it was all gonna work out.. Or did you keep quiet cause you didn't want to upset all these people?
Not sayin' you're responsible, I know Drew treated you shitty too, but you are mildly culpable in the whole ordeal and thinking that there might not be some connection is super disingenuous..
Luckily with the help of the peeps in this thread (shout out to @Peter1 and other good souls) I filed a successful chargeback and now am sitting pretty with my cash snuggly in hand.post #54583 of 548223/9/16 at 5:36amQuote:
Just letting that imagination run wild now, huh?
Go back and read what I've said about what happened. If you already know and want to come to your own conclusions or if you just don't feel like going back and reading, then I have nothing more to say to you.post #54584 of 548223/9/16 at 6:00ampost #54585 of 548223/9/16 at 4:49pmQuote:
That hypothesis actually made a lot of sense given that Drew several time mentioned the rebirth/new era of TOJ.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 56 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › NIB Trickers 'Daniel' Suede Derby Shoes in Mustard Yellow US11/UK10... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...