or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 3638

post #54556 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVOS View Post


Many of us tried and couldn't because we paid with debit cards or Paypal.

dam, hope everything works out well lol

post #54557 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnchYoFace View Post
 

you shouldve all filed a charge back when i told yall to(like 6months ago, when shit was getting reveiled that he's a scam), theres a credit card policy that allows u to charge back 6 months after promised delivery date.


Or we paid fucking 3 years ago.

 

The only good thing out of it for me is I got two out of four jackets and they are perfect. I just look at it that they were $1400 jackets instead of $780.

post #54558 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnchYoFace View Post

you shouldve all filed a charge back when i told yall to(like 6months ago, when shit was getting reveiled that he's a scam), theres a credit card policy that allows u to charge back 6 months after promised delivery date.

Why don't you just stfu? You're not helping at all.
post #54559 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallypeacedoff View Post
 


Or we paid fucking 3 years ago.

 

The only good thing out of it for me is I got two out of four jackets and they are perfect. I just look at it that they were $1400 jackets instead of $780.

3 years ago doesn't matter, the policy states that you have 180(or was it 120 days?) after the promised delivery date to make the dispute, which is potentially still possible if u find a post somewhere that suggest you were suppose to get the jacket in the last 6 months, that's what i did..(literally, my proof was a quote from drew on this very forum), i mean if u can find one around you can still chargeback, it's a bit more tedious because u have to fax stuff in but your cc company will refund u and send debtcollectors to drew

post #54560 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnchYoFace View Post

3 years ago doesn't matter, the policy states that you have 180(or was it 120 days?) after the promised delivery date to make the dispute, which is potentially still possible if u find a post somewhere that suggest you were suppose to get the jacket in the last 6 months, that's what i did..(literally, my proof was a quote from drew on this very forum), i mean if u can find one around you can still chargeback, it's a bit more tedious because u have to fax stuff in but your cc company will refund u and send debtcollectors to drew

Can you say how you paid? Via Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer, etc? Also, where are you and the financial institution you used located, country and state wise? My understanding is that these policies are highly variable, and most institutions aren't so lenient.

If you can give that info, it would be great, as maybe someone here shares the same profile and can get their money back.

FWIW, everyone I know shared the delivery date info on their chargeback request and was denied (including me). But we're also located in the US and either paid via credit card or Paypal. AFAIK, the basic problem is that financial institutions protect people on ready-made goods and aren't well equipped for custom orders, which can have long delivery schedules.
post #54561 of 54803
I admire your patience dealing with this guy, DWW.
post #54562 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


Can you say how you paid? Via Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer, etc? Also, where are you and the financial institution you used located, country and state wise? My understanding is that these policies are highly variable, and most institutions aren't so lenient.

If you can give that info, it would be great, as maybe someone here shares the same profile and can get their money back.

FWIW, everyone I know shared the delivery date info on their chargeback request and was denied (including me). But we're also located in the US and either paid via credit card or Paypal. AFAIK, the basic problem is that financial institutions protect people on ready-made goods and aren't well equipped for custom orders, which can have long delivery schedules.

 

i paid with paypal on my capital one mastercard, living here in Canada(i think theyd be nicer to you in the states tho, just my general view for all the services in north america). paypal told me to f off like everyone else and initially capital one as well.

but i looked into mastercard's policy and there was one that states you have xxxdays after the promised date of delivery to filed a dispute, so i called them up about that and the lady told me to compile my case(i just copy pasted the reddit thing and some screenshots in this thread, i probably still have it if anyone needs), and fax it to them(apparently something i had to do because its been over a year)

got my money back within a month

 

edit: i downloaded my pdf, basically they had me send them the transaction date, paypal info, location of seller, name of merchant, date of first contact, promised delivery date as well as merchant response on a page that i signed on, then a bunch of pages i screenshoted and stuff as proof, i'll upload it sometimes this week if its needed

post #54563 of 54803
So I'm at school but someone pm'd me about this, the chargeback code they used was likely 4855, applicable for 120 days past the anticipated delivery date, luckily for me drew posted that things will get delivered in Feb, which is what I used to proof that I was within that date and got my money back. feel free to still try to use this as it was the agents fault for not knowing about this policy so you couldn't file chargeback.
Remember to mention anticipated delivery date
post #54564 of 54803

I think I am one of the few who managed to get a chargeback filed via paypal, but I think I got very lucky. I paid with Paypal Credit and initially got the same info/response that everyone else seemed to be getting. This was not for a lack of trying though, Im sure I called about 10 times and wasted alot of time on hold. Everytime I would ask for a supervisor and explain the situation and would be told that there was nothing I could do. I found a pdf file for Paypal Credit claims/dispute on google and filled it out and mailed it in along with anything I thought would be "evidence" to support my dispute. I managed to get a dispute filed by mailing in a physical form.

 

Ultimately I got my money back for one of my jackets and was also luckily one of the few to receive my other jacket from the last "batch" that drew actually sent out. I have posted this info before in the past but its lost within the thousands of pages for this thread, so if you guys have any questions I'll be glad to answer. Once again though, I think I got extremely lucky and don't think everyone can expect the same results. 

 

General consensus has been that Debit/direct deposit ToJ victims are shit out of luck. Bes results have been with people who used credit cards and also those who were in non US countries. I might be wrong on that last part.

 

Good Luck Everyone, I'm sorry you're in this shitty situation.

 

I did state a while back that I actually went to Libertine during my trip to Korea in December. I did not know Dan was a part of LIbertine at the time. I think one of my friends is an acquaintance of his by being a regular at the restaurant so maybe I can ask him for a favor, but he has no ties to this TOJ situation at all so I don't know how willing he would be to help.

 

 

EDIT: I am from the US


Edited by cutemelon - 3/1/16 at 9:49am
post #54565 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemelon View Post

I think I am one of the few who managed to get a chargeback filed via paypal, but I think I got very lucky. I paid with Paypal Credit and initially got the same info/response that everyone else seemed to be getting. This was not for a lack of trying though, Im sure I called about 10 times and wasted alot of time on hold. Everytime I would ask for a supervisor and explain the situation and would be told that there was nothing I could do. I found a pdf file for Paypal Credit claims/dispute on google and filled it out and mailed it in along with anything I thought would be "evidence" to support my dispute. I managed to get a dispute filed by mailing in a physical form.

Ultimately I got my money back for one of my jackets and was also luckily one of the few to receive my other jacket from the last "batch" that drew actually sent out. I have posted this info before in the past but its lost within the thousands of pages for this thread, so if you guys have any questions I'll be glad to answer. Once again though, I think I got extremely lucky and don't think everyone can expect the same results. 

General consensus has been that Debit/direct deposit ToJ victims are shit out of luck. Bes results have been with people who used credit cards and also those who were in non US countries. I might be wrong on that last part.

Good Luck Everyone, I'm sorry you're in this shitty situation.

I did state a while back that I actually went to Libertine during my trip to Korea in December. I did not know Dan was a part of LIbertine at the time. I think one of my friends is an acquaintance of his by being a regular at the restaurant so maybe I can ask him for a favor, but he has no ties to this TOJ situation at all so I don't know how willing he would be to help.
Eu and Canada has similar policies, Eu might have a better policy to this actually
post #54566 of 54803

Just chiming in for reference:

 

I paid with PayPal and used my bank account (NOT CREDIT CARD) - so it's impossible for me to get my funds back. Filed a dispute with paypal several times and talked to them once. They basically said I'm SOL. 

post #54567 of 54803
Just so people know, one of the Libertine owners just called me. He apologized for not getting back earlier and said there haven't been any changes in the company's ownership. So it's not true that Drew was forcibly divested of his shares, or that he's been able to sell them. That apparently was just bad info. He also promised to respond a bit quicker with emails.
post #54568 of 54803

hi guys i've uploaded everything i faxed to my cc company, if you have called to try to cc chargeback before 2015-july i think you may still have a case, as your cc company did not make the option of chargeback available to you when it was within the timeframe, it is technically their fault(chargeback code is 4855, many of sites states there is a policy for chargeback 120days after anticipated delivery and the lady i was on the phone with had to put me on hold for a few minutes to look it up when i brought it up) 

 

http://imgur.com/a/I2AdZ

^album

hopefully you guys are able to send one more debt collector against drew, this will have significant impact on his credit and will likely force him to sell his cars,properties..etc and wherever he works his wages will likely be garnished(not sure about sk, but im sure something will be done after a certain process)

post #54569 of 54803

I'm one of the few to successfully get a chargeback in the US.  I paid with paypal (funded by Amex).  

 

I paid that scumbag Feb 2014.

I filed a complaint against TOJ with paypal in April 2015, then called Amex a week later when Paypal refused to help.  Amex initially refused to help.

I filed 2nd complaint against TOJ June 2015, again with both paypal and Amex and also filed a police report locally.  Paypal, again brushed me off.  Amex helped me get my money back.  I sent that summary on reddit, my emails with TOJ, police report case number, the URL to the TOJ blog that also has an outline of what happened, etc.  When Drew responded with that 2nd account saying he was thinking about killing himself, I let AMEX know about that too.  

 

They refunded me about 6 weeks after.

 

EU and Canada will have a much easier time getting their refund because of better consumer protection policies.  Paypal doesn't really help (and they really have no obligation to do so at this point).  Your best bet is to still contact the corporation that funded your paypal account at the time and hope they do it out of good will.  

 

BTW, I was the one that created that reddit post with the summary.  I'm glad some of you was able to use that to get your refund.  If there's anything any of you think I need to add to that post, just PM me here or my reddit account.  

post #54570 of 54803
What if the money was actually split three ways and this is all an elaborate scheme to villifiy only one person so that the operations can continue under a new brand image? foo.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.