I paid via creditcard through paypal, and I'm still SOL
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 3/25/17 at 1:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 3/19/17 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 3625post #54362 of 5482212/7/15 at 5:42amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
IMO, that's why it's useful to publicize this, so that future investors, business partners, employers, and even employees might think twice about working with Drew. A quick Google search will turn up all sorts of stories about how he ran off with nearly a half million dollars of other people's money. Even if he doesn't care now, and even if it doesn't get us our jackets, it's a small form of justice. And frankly, probably something future investors and business partners might want to know about the guy.
+1000. I've been saying this since my very first post. Financial recompense may be extraordinarily difficult (but not impossible) in this situation, but it costs nothing to hammer Drew's business and personal reputation into the ground and make it extremely difficult for him to move forward with his grandiose ideas of a restaurant empire.
But frankly, that would take a sadistic individual who makes it his hobby to destroy Drew Keith's life.post #54363 of 5482212/7/15 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by masshi
yeah, the guy i bought my spot from funded his paypal account with his debit card unfortunately, so i'm kinda sol (at least as far as i know)
are people who funded their transactions with their bank accounts really unable to do anything? could somebody with legal/financial/etc. knowledge explain why that is?
Debit cards linked to bank accounts don't have the same chargeback provisions as credit cards. Federal regulations for banks are different than credit card companies like Mastercard or Visa, and often require a different standard of proof for chargebacks.
In the main, though, it depends entirely on a combination of the financial institution and the consumer protection laws of your particular location. As shown, some people in the UK have had success with disputes based on the UK's (apparently more robust than America's) consumer protection laws, and the particular financial institution they were working with was gracious enough to waive the time limit for disputes.post #54364 of 5482212/7/15 at 8:02ampost #54365 of 5482212/9/15 at 10:53ampost #54366 of 5482212/10/15 at 8:04pmQuote:
He reminds me of a low-rent Bill Wyman.
Seriously, who eviscerates a thriving clothing company to get into foodservice?
I've owned a foodservice company; I would have gladly murdered someone to have been making jackets instead.post #54367 of 5482212/10/15 at 9:49pmQuote:
i'm sure you enjoy reading the national enquirer as your trusted and reputable go-to news source. please do tell me more about the kardashians and caitlyn jenner.
at the very least, you're incredible naive if you think james is doing his piece purely out of goodwill.post #54368 of 5482212/12/15 at 8:38pmpost #54369 of 5482212/12/15 at 10:18pmpost #54370 of 5482212/14/15 at 9:19ampost #54371 of 5482212/14/15 at 9:37ampost #54372 of 5482212/14/15 at 10:14ampost #54373 of 5482212/15/15 at 8:40ampost #54374 of 5482212/15/15 at 8:42ampost #54375 of 5482212/15/15 at 8:43am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 5 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 36 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...