Oh hey look it's people arguing past each other in the TOJ thread again.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:51 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 3607post #54092 of 5480510/12/15 at 2:23pmpost #54093 of 5480510/12/15 at 3:16pmIts like these people haven't even read this damn thread.
How long have we known that Drew's "Refunds" were fake and that he was literally in Ponzi-scheme territory by using money from late investors to get early investors off his back?
And now people are in here trying to say that nobody got tricked?
He probably did this intentionally because it wouldn't reset the fraud-clock on paypal. These spot-swapping fake refunds were done long after orders closed. If he used the TOJ account, took the money from one person, and used it to pay back another, then he would have been open to chargebacks from the new customers when everything fell apart. Now, the new customers would have to be dicks to chargeback on the random dudes they gave money to (and who would paypal even side with? It is not like random dude was expected to send them a jacket), and the old customers are long past their chargeback deadlines.
FWIW, the way real ponzi schemes are handled under US law would not be kind to the the "refunded" customers. It is called "Fraudulent Transfer" and it basically says "even though you got paid out by the scheme, that money was just fraudulently transferred to you from someone else down the line, in order to aid the perpetrator in furtherance of their scheme". People who thought they had safely escaped the Madoff scheme were rudely surprised when clawback lawsuits were filed against them seeking to have their gains returned.post #54094 of 5480510/12/15 at 3:25pmpost #54095 of 5480510/12/15 at 7:46pmtook a long time (have had procrastination issues all my life), but finally contacted both paypal and my bank
paypal csr instantly dismissed my request for a chargeback (made the payment in february of 2014) and said that this is something i have to take up with my bank
so i called my bank up (i bank with wells fargo; my credit card is a visa) and had no problem getting somebody to go ahead and start a dispute, though the csr did say that it's well beyond its usual jurisdiction
just finished up sending an e-mail, in which i explained my personal details and the overall situation in my own words, copied and pasted the timeline (http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/toj-updates-on-the-debacle-complaints-news-about-other-ventures-whatever/53950_50), provided links to this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/toj-updates-on-the-debacle-complaints-news-about-other-ventures-whatever/0_50), the jc tumblr (http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/), the gallery (http://toj-gallery.com/), and even the public google doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_0B0TbD-QDLH8azZydtmfUwnmBSmL5UoLutgSzpexdc/edit?pli=1#gid=0), and provided a screenshot of my paypal transaction and pdf's of the entirety of my e-mail correspondence with the toj gmail account
despite all of this, i can't help but feel like i didn't do enough (i really feel like i forgot something crucial), but i've got my fingers crossed
can't do anything now but waitpost #54096 of 5480510/12/15 at 8:05pm
Yeah, it's called food.
But in all seriousness, I hope your bank gives you your money back. Frankly I think all of these legal pursuits, facebook bombing, newspaper publications, police reports, etc will end up nowhere. Guys who have no skin in the game keep coming in here and poking fun at all the victims, saying they are not doing enough. I think most people have done enough. What is the result of dww's behind-the-scenes investigations? What is the result of all these police reports? People need to get a grip on reality. Let's say Drew is finally caught and brought to justice by the police/jurisdiction/yadda yadda. Does anyone really believe the money is there to either produce the jackets or give everyone refunds? If he goes to jail, I think that would satisfy a lot of people including myself. However I do think that is highly unlikely. I would just move on at this point and consider the funds lost.post #54097 of 5480510/13/15 at 6:36pmpost #54098 of 5480510/13/15 at 6:51pmpost #54099 of 5480510/13/15 at 8:49pmpost #54100 of 5480510/13/15 at 10:33pm
- We understand that your request is about identifying some facts in Korea(or related to Korean company) regarding a criminal case occurred in United States. - To conduct investigation on the facts, it needs to be requested by your police organization via INTERPOL channel. - In this wise, we recommend you to report the case to your police and the police would request us to investigate the facts in Korea which they need to identify.post #54101 of 5480510/13/15 at 10:48pmpost #54102 of 5480510/13/15 at 11:11pmpost #54103 of 5480510/14/15 at 12:51ampost #54104 of 5480510/14/15 at 5:54amQuote:
So SK going to spend it recourses finding and deporting a small tax fraud case?
Amazing.post #54105 of 5480510/14/15 at 11:50am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 13 JANUARY 2017 - HATS 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › How do I pair these shoes? 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 17 minutes ago
- › Best 80's Sci-Fi Films 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...