or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 3605

post #54061 of 54803
Can someone explain to me what happened with Drew & Libertine?

I only know that Drew was doing well there, but eventually got forced out one way or another. Never heard any of the details, but it sounds like it's because of negative comments regarding TOJ on Libertine's FB page? Just curious
post #54062 of 54803

Search for posts in this thread by LibertineSeoul.

post #54063 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


Actually, that's a really good point. For some reason, I assumed she spoke English.

Can anyone help me translate an email into Korean? I can PM you the message. Or email, if it's easier.

unfortunately my written skills leave much to be desired

 

post #54064 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dePt View Post
 

Hi guys. I'm losing faith aswell these days. I bought my spot form another victim. Arranged by Charly. 

I was told to not transfer the funds directly to TOJ, but to the other guy. I guess thats how they did chargebacks back then. 

I can't file a chargeback because I don't want to just push the issue over to the other guy. And thoughts? 

 

 

I think you should file a chargeback if you still can. Sure it would hurt the other guy but if you don't do that then the chance of you getting your money back basically goes to zero. It doesn't have to be a dog eat dog world but Drew went out of his way to ensure that it is.

post #54065 of 54803
Hmm, I'm going to stop reading this thread. All sorts of unsavoury behaviour, and not just from Drew.
post #54066 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dePt View Post

Hi guys. I'm losing faith aswell these days. I bought my spot form another victim. Arranged by Charly. 
I was told to not transfer the funds directly to TOJ, but to the other guy. I guess thats how they did chargebacks back then. 
I can't file a chargeback because I don't want to just push the issue over to the other guy. And thoughts? 

Take the L and keep it moving.
post #54067 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

Hmm, I'm going to stop reading this thread. All sorts of unsavoury behaviour, and not just from Drew.

In what way? There's only one person at fault here.
post #54068 of 54803
I also submitted a petition and got a response.
post #54069 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1 View Post

In what way? There's only one person at fault here.

I believe member chobochobo is referring to the post below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onehitwonder View Post

I think you should file a chargeback if you still can. Sure it would hurt the other guy but if you don't do that then the chance of you getting your money back basically goes to zero. It doesn't have to be a dog eat dog world but Drew went out of his way to ensure that it is.
post #54070 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonChalant321 View Post

Just out of curiosity - are you writing the email in English or Korean? 

I see how it can help and appreciate your efforts. A part of me hopes the restaurant helps him get some funds back so he can finish production of jackets - although this is wishful thinking. 

Yeah, wishful thinking. Just look at the state of large wallet fulfillment. Looking at the spreadsheet I believe there are about 20 large wallet orders for which he charged us 145USD each. It probably costs him 70USD to make (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). So it'll just take ~1400USD to clear up those 20 orders. He has more than enough funds from what Dieworkwear mentioned but he still won't make them. It is literally the cheapest thing he could make yet not a single large wallet has ever been produced. There is no will or intention on his part to see this through.
post #54071 of 54803
this whole TOJ situation really blows my mind. I never knew it was this easy to get away with scamming people of that much money.

it was in my local news recently (IIRC) and some lady did something really similar. she sold custom boots and shoes, closed up shop and with a ton of unfulfilled orders. as far as I know nothing is even happening to her although she does have her own problems elsewhere as she filed for bankruptcy or something.
post #54072 of 54803
Is there any proof that Drew left Libertine?

I remember one of the partners coming into the thread and saying that he had left and pleading with people to stop slamming them but that also seems like a convenient way of getting everybody off their backs if, in fact, Drew just took a role as a silent partner. Leaving a business is not often a simple matter (requires legal filings, restructuring, calculating and redistributing shares and ownership, payouts, etc) and it could be unlikely that that would happen when an easy solution like "just tell them I left" would squash the problem. I'm not saying it's one way or the other, I'm just curious if there is any proof other than them simply saying that he had left.

Also, some of you guys are really forgiving. I know there are a lot of angry people here but there are also a lot of people saying that it is not right to go after his other businesses. I say he made his bed and now he has to lie in it. I've voiced this opinion before but I think any legal means to put pressure on him is fair game.

Finally, by the nature of his business being conducted primarily on this board and the fact that a lot of his customer base is young people scattered across the globe, I think most people here don't fully grasp the scope of his defrauding. Has anybody made a rough estimate of the amount of money he has stolen? This is an international crime likely on the scale of hundreds of thousand of dollars.

It seems that lack of organization is a factor in taking action against Drew and I applaud @dieworkwear's efforts. It would be nice to see this gain momentum because, obviously, Drew has not made it a priority to rectify this situation and won't unless the threat becomes bigger than a bunch of angry posts on the internet. He should be looking at jail time and monetary penalties.
post #54073 of 54803
I also DO feel that there is a lot of goodwill here that Drew squandered (or there was, at one point). I don't have any stake in this (I owned a TOJ once and sold it- it was a great jacket but I outgrew the style) but I feel like a lot of people here would have been pretty understanding if Drew had just communicated. If he had come into the thread and given a detailed account of what happened and where things were and how he planned to make things right, I think a lot of people would have been patient (people were already willing to wait months for jackets). But poor communication (and dishing piles of bullshit when he did communicate) and blatant disregard for how much damage he has done has backed him into a corner where nuclear options seem to be the only viable avenue for recourse. It's a misstep on Drew's part, in my opinion, but also speaks to his moral character.
Edited by Two Shoes - 10/11/15 at 1:24am
post #54074 of 54803

All been said before, my man. I think someone in here estimated roughly that Drew's theft goes up into the $400-500k territory.

 

Plenty of us have been understanding and all too sympathetic to Drew even after the point of no return when we more or less understood we weren't going to get what we paid for. At this point it's totally a case of "fuck having sympathy for the Devil". There is absolutely no ambiguity over the fact that hundreds of people were robbed blind, so it's as you say that anything we can do legally to put pressure on him is fair game. I'd really rather not see someone get away with this much lack of regard for other people and general not-giving-a-fuck.

post #54075 of 54803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shoes View Post

Is there any proof that Drew left Libertine?

I can't say with absolutely certainty, but I'm pretty sure he's been booted out. I've had several people stop by the restaurant at various times to check, and he's never there. And I've asked people who know the situation there and who I think are trustworthy. By all accounts, it seems he's been kicked out.

He still owns 33% of the company though. Not sure if that means he's still taking a share of the profits, but he's removed from the day to day operations. He's currently looking to sell those shares for about $350,000 (about how much we paid him), but no one has taken up his offer. His partners are also looking for other ways to remove him entirely and absorb those shares.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.