If you go back you can see Drew outline that the lamb suede patch doesn't look so good with goat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:48 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2767post #41491 of 545189/2/14 at 7:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41492 of 545189/2/14 at 7:22pmpost #41493 of 545189/2/14 at 8:24pmpost #41494 of 545189/2/14 at 8:39pmpost #41495 of 545189/2/14 at 8:45pmpost #41496 of 545189/2/14 at 9:15pmpost #41497 of 545189/2/14 at 9:18pmQuote:
I'm as anxious as the next person regarding my order, but to be fair, the last deliveries were in late-June/ mid-July, which wasn't that long ago. There was joona who received a varsity, and that nepats guy who received a jacket after calling Drew a snake. I'm sure there are a few others, but those come to mind most easily.post #41498 of 545189/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #41499 of 545189/2/14 at 9:48pmpost #41500 of 545189/2/14 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by BaronVonBishop
I think the idea that anyone's jacket is made and just sitting around is pure fantasy. With how rowdy people are right now, justifiably I might add, how much grief and goodwill could they spread by telling those people, "Hey, here's a pic of your jacket(s). It'll be getting to you soon once the shipping is sorted."
That is, unless there's no one qualified to take photos and send emails either.
I ordered a coat in January '14 and another in March '14, if people from June of 2013 haven't received anything but promises and reassurances, I'm not holding my breath on getting anything till mid 2015.
Agreed. A friend, family member or an assistant on minimum wage would have been able to ship the jackets out if there was indeed a finished goods inventory being held.
I think it is obvious that Drew has invested not only the profits generated by whatever margin he runs on these items, but also the entire revenue from ToJ, into his new business venture. Production has slowed to a trickle (if not stopped) due to him simply not being able to afford to pay for the manufacture of the goods. He is relying on profits from the restaurant (if there are any) or personal funds to come in in order to fund production. ToJ served its purpose for him as an investment vehicle and now that it is exhausted, delivery of the items is a liability and a low priority.
People with jackets paid for on order can only hope that his restaurant does well so that profits can go to finishing up Drew's last liabilities he holds to ToJ customers. I have seen (as I am sure many others have) this pattern of behavior in many other start up entrepreneurial ventures where the owner's access to the business funds are misused creating operational issues. There is no sound business excuse for the operational issues ToJ is currently facing.
Hopefully Drew's high visibility due to his social media presence and ownership of the restaurant, which he is no doubt heavily invested into, keeps him motivated towards ensuring everyone who paid for a ToJ item gets it.post #41501 of 545189/2/14 at 10:25pmQuote:
I just shipped off my lamb A2 that I've had for 2 years. Measurements taken before selling:
Went back and check original email with Charly. Measurements suggested and agreed on:
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.0"
Reason for selling: too tight! It didn't stretch much after all this time.
Just my anecdote.post #41502 of 545189/2/14 at 10:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ribkin
Wool MA-1 Stock 48, Ordered August 2013. 6'1 185 lbs when ordered ( now carrying a bit extra ). I thought 50 w/ 48 lengths would have made more sense, but then Charly asked if I even lifted ... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This guy received his wool MA-1 in late June after ordering in August 2013. I also ordered a wool MA-1 in August 2013 and I just passed my 1 year anniversary...post #41503 of 545189/3/14 at 12:11ampost #41504 of 545189/3/14 at 12:16am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 15 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...