Only about 10 weeks in, but I MAY have a spot for sale. Not asking for anything more than I paid.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 9:40 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2678post #40157 of 547566/7/14 at 7:26amQuote:
The body changes so much when you workout or exercise so even if you do factor your fit accordingly, it's not going to perfect lol, but better than OTR for sure.
My ToJ fit perfectly then I started to workout =(post #40158 of 547566/7/14 at 8:07amQuote:
I'm waiting for my jacket to be made, like many others, but can you clarify the issue with sizing? Everyone says listen to Charly and you can't go wrong, and I do understand that the body changes (I work out all the time so I'll be keeping in shape), but what else am I missing? As TOJ is MTM, this is important to me.post #40159 of 547566/7/14 at 8:48ampost #40160 of 547566/7/14 at 9:27amQuote:
Lol who gives a f*** at this point? They stopped taking orders.
Oh, you guys are keeping hope alive that he will restart his MTM business? What time frame did he give you one that one???post #40161 of 547566/7/14 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by RetroFuture
I'm waiting for my jacket to be made, like many others, but can you clarify the issue with sizing? Everyone says listen to Charly and you can't go wrong, and I do understand that the body changes (I work out all the time so I'll be keeping in shape), but what else am I missing? As TOJ is MTM, this is important to me.
I spoke with Charly about me wanting to leave sufficient room for layering so that I can wear my MDR into fall, maybe a bit of winter. He suggested I go back to the measurements we agreed on, and then compare to a jacket I have that allows me such layering. Based on that, I imagine you can figure out some leeway and go from there. Given Charly's experience, just tell him what you have in mind--eg., are you going to develop a formidable six-pack? Something in-between? Etc.post #40162 of 547566/7/14 at 9:42ampost #40163 of 547566/7/14 at 9:50ampost #40164 of 547566/7/14 at 12:28pmpost #40165 of 547566/7/14 at 4:04pmpost #40166 of 547566/7/14 at 4:57pmhttp://www.styleforum.net/t/397614/toj-spot-in-line-44-7-weeks-feelers
Are people selling spots for more than they paid? Seems a bit wrong. Selling spots in general seems wrong because people have to wait, why should someone skip to the front simply because someone got tired of waiting and sold their spot? While many others could be waiting behind.post #40167 of 547566/7/14 at 5:13pmpost #40168 of 547566/7/14 at 5:26pmpost #40169 of 547566/7/14 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by skywalker
Are people selling spots for more than they paid? Seems a bit wrong. Selling spots in general seems wrong because people have to wait, why should someone skip to the front simply because someone got tired of waiting and sold their spot? While many others could be waiting behind.
If you read my ad, it's not because I just "got tired" of waiting. But in the amount of time that has elapsed since I ordered, and quite possibly still wait until I receive my jacket, there is more priority than another jacket that has not yet begun production.
I am selling above the asking price because I believe that it is fair, although you may disagree. I personally think that waiting 45 less weeks makes the jacket a bit more valuable, especially in light of the company ceasing to take new orders. It's a matter of supply and demand. Mark my words. In the coming days/weeks/months, people will be selling their jackets for prices that might previously seem unreasonable.
Here's an analogy. You've been saving up for a specific watch in which the manufacturer has announced he will no longer produce any more past point X. When point X is reached, there are now a finite number of those watches circulating. If you want it, you no longer (unless otherwise lucky) have the benefit of saying "your price is too high", I'll just buy one from the manufacturer.
I didn't intend on selling my spot when I first TOJ, but now that my resources would be better pooled elsewhere, I feel it fair to ask a price that I know will reflect the future demand and inevitable higher asking prices in the near future.post #40170 of 547566/7/14 at 6:21pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 39 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Alden Color 8 King NST Tank with Antique Edge and commando sole 7 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 44 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 50 minutes ago
- › Carmina Balmoral Boots / NEW 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...