Only about 10 weeks in, but I MAY have a spot for sale. Not asking for anything more than I paid.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2678
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40157 of 543096/7/14 at 7:26amQuote:
The body changes so much when you workout or exercise so even if you do factor your fit accordingly, it's not going to perfect lol, but better than OTR for sure.
My ToJ fit perfectly then I started to workout =(post #40158 of 543096/7/14 at 8:07amQuote:
I'm waiting for my jacket to be made, like many others, but can you clarify the issue with sizing? Everyone says listen to Charly and you can't go wrong, and I do understand that the body changes (I work out all the time so I'll be keeping in shape), but what else am I missing? As TOJ is MTM, this is important to me.post #40159 of 543096/7/14 at 8:48ampost #40160 of 543096/7/14 at 9:27amQuote:
Lol who gives a f*** at this point? They stopped taking orders.
Oh, you guys are keeping hope alive that he will restart his MTM business? What time frame did he give you one that one???post #40161 of 543096/7/14 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by RetroFuture
I'm waiting for my jacket to be made, like many others, but can you clarify the issue with sizing? Everyone says listen to Charly and you can't go wrong, and I do understand that the body changes (I work out all the time so I'll be keeping in shape), but what else am I missing? As TOJ is MTM, this is important to me.
I spoke with Charly about me wanting to leave sufficient room for layering so that I can wear my MDR into fall, maybe a bit of winter. He suggested I go back to the measurements we agreed on, and then compare to a jacket I have that allows me such layering. Based on that, I imagine you can figure out some leeway and go from there. Given Charly's experience, just tell him what you have in mind--eg., are you going to develop a formidable six-pack? Something in-between? Etc.post #40162 of 543096/7/14 at 9:42ampost #40163 of 543096/7/14 at 9:50ampost #40164 of 543096/7/14 at 12:28pmpost #40165 of 543096/7/14 at 4:04pmpost #40166 of 543096/7/14 at 4:57pmhttp://www.styleforum.net/t/397614/toj-spot-in-line-44-7-weeks-feelers
Are people selling spots for more than they paid? Seems a bit wrong. Selling spots in general seems wrong because people have to wait, why should someone skip to the front simply because someone got tired of waiting and sold their spot? While many others could be waiting behind.post #40167 of 543096/7/14 at 5:13pmpost #40168 of 543096/7/14 at 5:26pmpost #40169 of 543096/7/14 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by skywalker
Are people selling spots for more than they paid? Seems a bit wrong. Selling spots in general seems wrong because people have to wait, why should someone skip to the front simply because someone got tired of waiting and sold their spot? While many others could be waiting behind.
If you read my ad, it's not because I just "got tired" of waiting. But in the amount of time that has elapsed since I ordered, and quite possibly still wait until I receive my jacket, there is more priority than another jacket that has not yet begun production.
I am selling above the asking price because I believe that it is fair, although you may disagree. I personally think that waiting 45 less weeks makes the jacket a bit more valuable, especially in light of the company ceasing to take new orders. It's a matter of supply and demand. Mark my words. In the coming days/weeks/months, people will be selling their jackets for prices that might previously seem unreasonable.
Here's an analogy. You've been saving up for a specific watch in which the manufacturer has announced he will no longer produce any more past point X. When point X is reached, there are now a finite number of those watches circulating. If you want it, you no longer (unless otherwise lucky) have the benefit of saying "your price is too high", I'll just buy one from the manufacturer.
I didn't intend on selling my spot when I first TOJ, but now that my resources would be better pooled elsewhere, I feel it fair to ask a price that I know will reflect the future demand and inevitable higher asking prices in the near future.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › WTS - Alden of DC Cigar Shell Captoe Boots, 7D 7 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 17 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories