Only about 10 weeks in, but I MAY have a spot for sale. Not asking for anything more than I paid.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 3/19/17 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2678post #40157 of 548226/7/14 at 7:26amQuote:
The body changes so much when you workout or exercise so even if you do factor your fit accordingly, it's not going to perfect lol, but better than OTR for sure.
My ToJ fit perfectly then I started to workout =(post #40158 of 548226/7/14 at 8:07amQuote:
I'm waiting for my jacket to be made, like many others, but can you clarify the issue with sizing? Everyone says listen to Charly and you can't go wrong, and I do understand that the body changes (I work out all the time so I'll be keeping in shape), but what else am I missing? As TOJ is MTM, this is important to me.post #40159 of 548226/7/14 at 8:48ampost #40160 of 548226/7/14 at 9:27amQuote:
Lol who gives a f*** at this point? They stopped taking orders.
Oh, you guys are keeping hope alive that he will restart his MTM business? What time frame did he give you one that one???post #40161 of 548226/7/14 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by RetroFuture
I'm waiting for my jacket to be made, like many others, but can you clarify the issue with sizing? Everyone says listen to Charly and you can't go wrong, and I do understand that the body changes (I work out all the time so I'll be keeping in shape), but what else am I missing? As TOJ is MTM, this is important to me.
I spoke with Charly about me wanting to leave sufficient room for layering so that I can wear my MDR into fall, maybe a bit of winter. He suggested I go back to the measurements we agreed on, and then compare to a jacket I have that allows me such layering. Based on that, I imagine you can figure out some leeway and go from there. Given Charly's experience, just tell him what you have in mind--eg., are you going to develop a formidable six-pack? Something in-between? Etc.post #40162 of 548226/7/14 at 9:42ampost #40163 of 548226/7/14 at 9:50ampost #40164 of 548226/7/14 at 12:28pmpost #40165 of 548226/7/14 at 4:04pmpost #40166 of 548226/7/14 at 4:57pmhttp://www.styleforum.net/t/397614/toj-spot-in-line-44-7-weeks-feelers
Are people selling spots for more than they paid? Seems a bit wrong. Selling spots in general seems wrong because people have to wait, why should someone skip to the front simply because someone got tired of waiting and sold their spot? While many others could be waiting behind.post #40167 of 548226/7/14 at 5:13pmpost #40168 of 548226/7/14 at 5:26pmpost #40169 of 548226/7/14 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by skywalker
Are people selling spots for more than they paid? Seems a bit wrong. Selling spots in general seems wrong because people have to wait, why should someone skip to the front simply because someone got tired of waiting and sold their spot? While many others could be waiting behind.
If you read my ad, it's not because I just "got tired" of waiting. But in the amount of time that has elapsed since I ordered, and quite possibly still wait until I receive my jacket, there is more priority than another jacket that has not yet begun production.
I am selling above the asking price because I believe that it is fair, although you may disagree. I personally think that waiting 45 less weeks makes the jacket a bit more valuable, especially in light of the company ceasing to take new orders. It's a matter of supply and demand. Mark my words. In the coming days/weeks/months, people will be selling their jackets for prices that might previously seem unreasonable.
Here's an analogy. You've been saving up for a specific watch in which the manufacturer has announced he will no longer produce any more past point X. When point X is reached, there are now a finite number of those watches circulating. If you want it, you no longer (unless otherwise lucky) have the benefit of saying "your price is too high", I'll just buy one from the manufacturer.
I didn't intend on selling my spot when I first TOJ, but now that my resources would be better pooled elsewhere, I feel it fair to ask a price that I know will reflect the future demand and inevitable higher asking prices in the near future.post #40170 of 548226/7/14 at 6:21pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 12 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Size 40R --- Only 2 Left! █ DROP MAR 25 █ NWT Canali Suits and... 26 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 27 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 44 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 57 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...