Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 10:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2652post #39766 of 545175/15/14 at 10:07pmmy vent about the TOJ newbies was a bit outta hand, it just seems that the members who have been here for years and have literally watched TOJ start from nothing and grow into what it is now, are more forgiving and understanding about the wait time and the state of the operation today. the noobs are just centered on the fact that they paid $800 for a jacket that they should have received sooner. which is totally understandable and not out of line in a sense, theres just a lack of appreciation in the whole process/operation that can be a bit frustrating for somebody like me. i feel like it will ruin the chances of future projects with drew, or at least make him more weary about the interactiveness of his products. i always loved the fact that the he pretty much catered to us, instead of having everything be so cut and dry. ie; the uncontrol rider, secret menu, leather ma1 and pretty much the whole MTM process.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39767 of 545175/15/14 at 10:11pmpost #39768 of 545175/15/14 at 10:26pmpost #39769 of 545175/15/14 at 10:39pmI'm just disappointed that people reacted negatively to a suggestion that the crew keep the thread/customers updated on things that affect production/queue times. I'm sure that even a post describing the current attitude towards the queue would also put some people at ease. Like, "we've been watching the line, and so far we're comfortable with the pace we're going at" or whatever the case is.
Some people don't post their concerns because they don't want to bother with the guys who'll react emotionally/protectively (especially from the guys who haven't placed an order for a year or so).post #39770 of 545175/15/14 at 10:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by clark kent
my vent about the TOJ newbies was a bit outta hand, it just seems that the members who have been here for years and have literally watched TOJ start from nothing and grow into what it is now, are more forgiving and understanding about the wait time and the state of the operation today. the noobs are just centered on the fact that they paid $800 for a jacket that they should have received sooner. which is totally understandable and not out of line in a sense, theres just a lack of appreciation in the whole process/operation that can be a bit frustrating for somebody like me. i feel like it will ruin the chances of future projects with drew, or at least make him more weary about the interactiveness of his products. i always loved the fact that the he pretty much catered to us, instead of having everything be so cut and dry. ie; the uncontrol rider, secret menu, leather ma1 and pretty much the whole MTM process.
Are you getting a blowie with your jacket or something?post #39771 of 545175/15/14 at 10:43pmpost #39772 of 545175/15/14 at 10:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by clark kent
i would consider TOJ more of a service than a business, which could be naive, but i'm sure that i'm not the only one who feels that way. drew has stated numerous times that there's enough profits to pay the workers and keep the wheels turning and not much more than that.you haven't even gotten your jacket yet and you're already showing lack of appreciation.post #39773 of 545175/15/14 at 10:59pmpost #39774 of 545175/15/14 at 11:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
Haven't posted here in awhile, my final jacket is around 44 weeks ago as well so I can share everyone's pain. But honestly at this point, with June on the horizon it really doesn't matter when it comes anymore since I can't wear it until September anyways.
I feel you man !I do hope it comes soon though. Living down here, winter's 2 weeks away for us (though it's already starting to get very cold) and I need a new jacket.The "buy a new jacket because I don't have a decent one" vs "wait for my TOJ to show up soon" balance is tough.. After 10+ months, every next week could be the one :)Quote:
1 post actually.
Was following the thread long before I placed an order and apart from asking about sizing (which I just E-Mail Charly about) or complaining about wait times (which won't make my jacket come any quicker), there didn't seem to be any reason to post.
So if me refraining from complaining about the wait for the past 45 weeks or posting every time I thought about changing my colours and zippers and lining decreases my legitimacy so be it.post #39775 of 545175/15/14 at 11:09pmpost #39776 of 545175/15/14 at 11:12pmpost #39777 of 545175/16/14 at 1:12ampost #39778 of 545175/16/14 at 3:21amjust for fun how about people post:
- when they ordered
- what they ordered
- if you could get one more jacket (excluding discontinued models), what would it be?
- payment confirmed mid-february
- brown lamb a2 and medium whiskey calf mdr w/ silver zips on queue (have also been on the fence about a black varsity)
- if i had the money for a third full leather it'd probably be either a 2013 dr or bcdr in black calf w/ gunmetal zips
Edited by masshi - 5/16/14 at 3:37ampost #39779 of 545175/16/14 at 4:17am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 9 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Shirt fit on suit when leaving collar unbuttoned 21 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 27 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...