Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 10:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2596
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38927 of 545204/5/14 at 11:06ampost #38928 of 545204/5/14 at 2:10pmpost #38929 of 545204/5/14 at 4:06pmpost #38930 of 545204/5/14 at 4:13pmpost #38931 of 545204/5/14 at 4:30pmpost #38932 of 545204/5/14 at 4:50pmQuote:
It's the best readily available leather. Occasionally there will be limited quantities of other leathers that are next level, but the black lamb is the gold standard. IIRC Tom Ford has used the same leather... obviously closer to 10x the price.post #38933 of 545204/5/14 at 4:54pmpost #38934 of 545204/5/14 at 5:24pm
Thanks. I like the TOJ0, but the buttons aren't really my favorite which seems to be this TOJ1.Quote:
What? Any chance of a source for that information? What other leathers are at that level? Because I may need to change some orders asap.post #38935 of 545204/5/14 at 6:11pmpost #38936 of 545204/5/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
In other less conflicting thoughts, I saw a Tom Ford harrington-esque leather yesterday selling at Isetan for pretty much $10K on the dot, and it was made from TOJ leather, the black NZ lamb. lol. Workmanship was good, but not better than what I can do. It had some nice striped wool ribbing on it, but shit, a TOJ costs 7% of what this jacket costs, it is truly amazing to think about. The hand and grain was exactly the same on the leather; if I put a few dollars more into little things that aren't really necessary, like tags and interior lining details, my jackets would hit 100% as hard as that TF. crazy.Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I haven't decided upon that yet. I think in the next iteration, I'd like leathers hanging in the shop, but it's not necessary to have as many models or variations either. Either way, things will get changed a bit and I am looking to upgrade the content even more. I like the NZ lamb and will continue to use that, but I feel like tinkering with the jackets a bit for some upgrades. Like I said, I looked at Tom Ford and Plokhov leathers recently and they were using the same lamb, horn buttons, and YKK's as I use - the Tom Ford was $10K on the dot. Mine do about 95-98% of that jacket at 7-8% of the cost, so good cost performance for me. I think the TF had a slightly nicer lining with a hidden zippered pocket and stuff, and I could easily achieve something like that if we spent more time on it (ie making jackets in runs and pre-planning more) - very simple. That lining definitely wasn't $9300 better, though.post #38937 of 545204/5/14 at 7:43pmpost #38938 of 545204/5/14 at 8:33pmpost #38939 of 545204/5/14 at 8:46pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1599 Active Users (334 Members and 1265 Guests)
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 46 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.