I'd trust him...I'm 5'9", about 150 lbs with 16.1" shoulders doesn't seem right, same goes for your other measurements
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 2:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2546post #38177 of 547563/7/14 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Melbush
I'm a little worried about the measurements (I ordered a calf mdr). I'm 5'9", about 150 lbs with very narrow shoulders. I forwarded the measurements of a leather jacket that fits me really well, and he got back to me with larger measurements. For example, 17" for the shoulders instead of 16.1", 19." for the midsection instead of 17.7" and 19" at the waist instead of 18.5.
Is it just because the cut will be a little different? Should I be worried or just trust him?
did you include body measurements too?
alternatively, charly could've been accommodating for the calf, since it won't give or stretch like lamb doespost #38178 of 547563/7/14 at 6:14pmQuote:
doubt it, i gave him my measurement for 16.5 shoulder and he got back to me with 16.5(i actually went up to 17myself tho, just to be safer)
but anyway just trust charly..esp those waist measurements(which made no sense to me until i took some measuring tape to see just how it'd turn out, having a inch or 2 is good especially when you're skinny)post #38179 of 547563/7/14 at 11:20pmpost #38180 of 547563/8/14 at 4:54ampost #38181 of 547563/8/14 at 5:23am
Woodyear was legitimately crazy. Like, those posts aren't troll posts. They're nutjob posts. He even goes on at one point about how everyone else but him was brainwashed "like republicans."
I know one other guy on the blacklist is some Niketalk user who had trouble with varsity sizing. thenewjs23 was his username. I think he had a bit of a case though to be upset.
P.S. anyone want to sell me their spot in line for a TOJ0?post #38182 of 547563/8/14 at 5:48ampost #38183 of 547563/8/14 at 6:10amJust had a thought. So if I change my order to some popular stock size (say 46 with 48 length), sell it on B/S to people who are willing to pay more than to wait for $1000 rinse & repeat, do I become a (albeit very small) middleman of ToJ?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I am kidding pls don't blacklist me based Charlypost #38184 of 547563/8/14 at 7:49amQuote:
I may be overstimating my weight. I'm definitely 5'9 and a lot of my tops are xs/44. I must have very heavy bones lol
I've got a Geller leather jacket in 44 and I love the fit of it.
I will take another look at my measurements and get back to Charly..post #38185 of 547563/8/14 at 9:20amWQuote:
What exactly happened here? The only things I remember reading from him was him bitching about a) the CM collar and b) the price of shearling. Like a moron.
I didn't know he actually ordered something...?post #38186 of 547563/8/14 at 10:57ampost #38187 of 547563/8/14 at 12:05pmpost #38188 of 547563/8/14 at 12:49pmpost #38189 of 547563/8/14 at 5:52pmpost #38190 of 547563/8/14 at 6:12pmQuote:
THE SUFFERING OF OTHER HUMANS IS NOT ENTERTAINMENT
edit: Might switch my DR 2013 to a black lamb A2... Two DRs is just silly, right guys?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Bomber Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Is this too tight? 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...