I'd trust him...I'm 5'9", about 150 lbs with 16.1" shoulders doesn't seem right, same goes for your other measurements
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/20/16 at 6:26am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 6:48 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2546post #38177 of 546763/7/14 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Melbush
I'm a little worried about the measurements (I ordered a calf mdr). I'm 5'9", about 150 lbs with very narrow shoulders. I forwarded the measurements of a leather jacket that fits me really well, and he got back to me with larger measurements. For example, 17" for the shoulders instead of 16.1", 19." for the midsection instead of 17.7" and 19" at the waist instead of 18.5.
Is it just because the cut will be a little different? Should I be worried or just trust him?
did you include body measurements too?
alternatively, charly could've been accommodating for the calf, since it won't give or stretch like lamb doespost #38178 of 546763/7/14 at 6:14pmQuote:
doubt it, i gave him my measurement for 16.5 shoulder and he got back to me with 16.5(i actually went up to 17myself tho, just to be safer)
but anyway just trust charly..esp those waist measurements(which made no sense to me until i took some measuring tape to see just how it'd turn out, having a inch or 2 is good especially when you're skinny)post #38179 of 546763/7/14 at 11:20pmpost #38180 of 546763/8/14 at 4:54ampost #38181 of 546763/8/14 at 5:23am
Woodyear was legitimately crazy. Like, those posts aren't troll posts. They're nutjob posts. He even goes on at one point about how everyone else but him was brainwashed "like republicans."
I know one other guy on the blacklist is some Niketalk user who had trouble with varsity sizing. thenewjs23 was his username. I think he had a bit of a case though to be upset.
P.S. anyone want to sell me their spot in line for a TOJ0?post #38182 of 546763/8/14 at 5:48ampost #38183 of 546763/8/14 at 6:10amJust had a thought. So if I change my order to some popular stock size (say 46 with 48 length), sell it on B/S to people who are willing to pay more than to wait for $1000 rinse & repeat, do I become a (albeit very small) middleman of ToJ?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I am kidding pls don't blacklist me based Charlypost #38184 of 546763/8/14 at 7:49amQuote:
I may be overstimating my weight. I'm definitely 5'9 and a lot of my tops are xs/44. I must have very heavy bones lol
I've got a Geller leather jacket in 44 and I love the fit of it.
I will take another look at my measurements and get back to Charly..post #38185 of 546763/8/14 at 9:20amWQuote:
What exactly happened here? The only things I remember reading from him was him bitching about a) the CM collar and b) the price of shearling. Like a moron.
I didn't know he actually ordered something...?post #38186 of 546763/8/14 at 10:57ampost #38187 of 546763/8/14 at 12:05pmpost #38188 of 546763/8/14 at 12:49pmpost #38189 of 546763/8/14 at 5:52pmpost #38190 of 546763/8/14 at 6:12pmQuote:
THE SUFFERING OF OTHER HUMANS IS NOT ENTERTAINMENT
edit: Might switch my DR 2013 to a black lamb A2... Two DRs is just silly, right guys?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 35 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › Allen Edmonds fit & sizing help