really don't follow either of these posts. Care to expand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2533post #37981 of 547562/27/14 at 4:49ampost #37982 of 547562/27/14 at 5:22ampost #37983 of 547562/27/14 at 5:54ampost #37984 of 547562/27/14 at 6:01ampost #37985 of 547562/27/14 at 6:14ampost #37986 of 547562/27/14 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by dittochu
I actually chose the calf in the end. went through all 700 or so pictures in the MDR gallery................... (ha) so you can see how horribly indecisive i was
the lamb does drape nicely and have that more feminine fashionable aesthetic, and i know that the calf might be horribly stiff in the beginning but I absolutely hate being careful with my clothing - that's not to say that i'm especially rough on it or anything, but for a jacket this expensive I'd be constantly worrying about too much wear/tear/etc and checking if the sleeves were rubbing against the zippers, etc. even knowing that the lamb is decently durable. that's just the way i am though so if you're not a worrier then it might not be as much of a problem.
also the calf might be a little more structured even after some wear just due to its stiffness which I'm pretty okay with - it'd be a nice contrast to all the other drapey stuff in my wardrobe.
i've sized it pretty slim so i don't think it'll look too bulky.
i looked into goat as well but there weren't a lot of photos and (as you can probably tell) i like to base my decisions off a LOT of research so that was a no-go for me.
Nice! Yup after reading your previous posts I went through those photos as well.
I initially wanted calf because I missed how my university jacket (from MANY years ago) felt. It was all calfskin and I was not the least bit careful with it (though I did not christen it by mopping up beer from the floor with it like what some of the boys did with theirs). After continuous wear during school it was not at all stiff, just soft and broken in. I really liked the weight of it too - you put it on and feel all the parts that have conformed to your body fall into place (maybe this is what people mean by armour like?). So comfy.
The only thing I know about goatskin is that the Balenciaga bags from before 2007 were made from it. And people who love those bags rave about how they break in to a puddle of silky goodness. I wonder if it'd do the same with a jacket? Probably not the same gauge of leather though.
Now with the TOJ, I am going to try out the lambskin, especially if it is as thick as what other people have said and is not feather light. Hopefully there will still be some breaking in to do, as I really enjoy that process.
Wear yours in good health!
Saplingpost #37987 of 547562/27/14 at 6:44amQuote:
maybe that is the case.
not really, there were other photos, some more "hard-face" but I'm not really trying to look intimidating. I don't mind looking somewhat innocent. so, thanks for your... criticism?post #37988 of 547562/27/14 at 6:45ampost #37989 of 547562/27/14 at 6:54amQuote:
I agree, does it not mould to fit a little better after the first six weeks or so, though? only saying so because one guy said (and I don't remember who) that it took a little while for it to fit how he wanted to, so he didn't want to take out of the box pictures. it is reeeally soft from the box thoughpost #37990 of 547562/27/14 at 9:16ampost #37991 of 547562/27/14 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Cole
I agree, does it not mould to fit a little better after the first six weeks or so, though? only saying so because one guy said (and I don't remember who) that it took a little while for it to fit how he wanted to, so he didn't want to take out of the box pictures. it is reeeally soft from the box though
Yeah I think it was Potsnu who posted a picture of his lamb DR when he first got it and after it'd been worn in for a little.The after picture looked much better.Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head. Someone said the same thing in a reddit WAYWT post. Someone was wearing a QDR (unzipped) with what i believe a Phillip lim shirt with a hidden placket IIRC and acne black jeans. Someone commented saying he was doing the jacket a "disservice" and that it should not be worn with sort of a "just walked out of barneys" look. I thought the jacket and fit were fine the way he was wearing it though. Maybe this is what they mean? Now I know you're just wearing an OCBD over it but I can't help but think it'd look better not zipped up. Also like you said, with just a tee (+hoodie sometimes) it becomes more casual and just works really well.
In summary I think unzipped would looks better with your OCBD fit.post #37992 of 547562/27/14 at 10:00ampost #37993 of 547562/27/14 at 10:08ampost #37994 of 547562/27/14 at 10:14am
Yeah I guess you could say that but wow that fit looks awesome. I think what adds to the "less clean" look of it is how the shirt isn't tucked and the drape/ roughness of the sweater. Perhaps now I'm just nit picking. But as I said I was fine with how he wore it,I even thought it looked nice. It was someone else who thought he was wearing it in a "stuffy/clinical" way. I found the post here: Its at the bottom.
Anyway I hope my jacket will good look like the visvim picture even though that looks like a 2013dr and I got a qdr.post #37995 of 547562/27/14 at 10:16amQuote:
The way a longer shirt looks compared to the jacket is kind of the appealing to me. But if its too long you're right.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 18 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 38 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 38 minutes ago
- › Deconstructed Z Zegna suit 39 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 40 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...