really don't follow either of these posts. Care to expand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2533post #37981 of 546682/27/14 at 4:49ampost #37982 of 546682/27/14 at 5:22ampost #37983 of 546682/27/14 at 5:54ampost #37984 of 546682/27/14 at 6:01ampost #37985 of 546682/27/14 at 6:14ampost #37986 of 546682/27/14 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by dittochu
I actually chose the calf in the end. went through all 700 or so pictures in the MDR gallery................... (ha) so you can see how horribly indecisive i was
the lamb does drape nicely and have that more feminine fashionable aesthetic, and i know that the calf might be horribly stiff in the beginning but I absolutely hate being careful with my clothing - that's not to say that i'm especially rough on it or anything, but for a jacket this expensive I'd be constantly worrying about too much wear/tear/etc and checking if the sleeves were rubbing against the zippers, etc. even knowing that the lamb is decently durable. that's just the way i am though so if you're not a worrier then it might not be as much of a problem.
also the calf might be a little more structured even after some wear just due to its stiffness which I'm pretty okay with - it'd be a nice contrast to all the other drapey stuff in my wardrobe.
i've sized it pretty slim so i don't think it'll look too bulky.
i looked into goat as well but there weren't a lot of photos and (as you can probably tell) i like to base my decisions off a LOT of research so that was a no-go for me.
Nice! Yup after reading your previous posts I went through those photos as well.
I initially wanted calf because I missed how my university jacket (from MANY years ago) felt. It was all calfskin and I was not the least bit careful with it (though I did not christen it by mopping up beer from the floor with it like what some of the boys did with theirs). After continuous wear during school it was not at all stiff, just soft and broken in. I really liked the weight of it too - you put it on and feel all the parts that have conformed to your body fall into place (maybe this is what people mean by armour like?). So comfy.
The only thing I know about goatskin is that the Balenciaga bags from before 2007 were made from it. And people who love those bags rave about how they break in to a puddle of silky goodness. I wonder if it'd do the same with a jacket? Probably not the same gauge of leather though.
Now with the TOJ, I am going to try out the lambskin, especially if it is as thick as what other people have said and is not feather light. Hopefully there will still be some breaking in to do, as I really enjoy that process.
Wear yours in good health!
Saplingpost #37987 of 546682/27/14 at 6:44amQuote:
maybe that is the case.
not really, there were other photos, some more "hard-face" but I'm not really trying to look intimidating. I don't mind looking somewhat innocent. so, thanks for your... criticism?post #37988 of 546682/27/14 at 6:45ampost #37989 of 546682/27/14 at 6:54amQuote:
I agree, does it not mould to fit a little better after the first six weeks or so, though? only saying so because one guy said (and I don't remember who) that it took a little while for it to fit how he wanted to, so he didn't want to take out of the box pictures. it is reeeally soft from the box thoughpost #37990 of 546682/27/14 at 9:16ampost #37991 of 546682/27/14 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Cole
I agree, does it not mould to fit a little better after the first six weeks or so, though? only saying so because one guy said (and I don't remember who) that it took a little while for it to fit how he wanted to, so he didn't want to take out of the box pictures. it is reeeally soft from the box though
Yeah I think it was Potsnu who posted a picture of his lamb DR when he first got it and after it'd been worn in for a little.The after picture looked much better.Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head. Someone said the same thing in a reddit WAYWT post. Someone was wearing a QDR (unzipped) with what i believe a Phillip lim shirt with a hidden placket IIRC and acne black jeans. Someone commented saying he was doing the jacket a "disservice" and that it should not be worn with sort of a "just walked out of barneys" look. I thought the jacket and fit were fine the way he was wearing it though. Maybe this is what they mean? Now I know you're just wearing an OCBD over it but I can't help but think it'd look better not zipped up. Also like you said, with just a tee (+hoodie sometimes) it becomes more casual and just works really well.
In summary I think unzipped would looks better with your OCBD fit.post #37992 of 546682/27/14 at 10:00ampost #37993 of 546682/27/14 at 10:08ampost #37994 of 546682/27/14 at 10:14am
Yeah I guess you could say that but wow that fit looks awesome. I think what adds to the "less clean" look of it is how the shirt isn't tucked and the drape/ roughness of the sweater. Perhaps now I'm just nit picking. But as I said I was fine with how he wore it,I even thought it looked nice. It was someone else who thought he was wearing it in a "stuffy/clinical" way. I found the post here: Its at the bottom.
Anyway I hope my jacket will good look like the visvim picture even though that looks like a 2013dr and I got a qdr.post #37995 of 546682/27/14 at 10:16amQuote:
The way a longer shirt looks compared to the jacket is kind of the appealing to me. But if its too long you're right.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 18 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 21 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 22 minutes ago
- › Oliver Peoples Sir O'Malley Sun Men's Round Clear Sunglasses... 26 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 45 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 50 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 52 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts