Many thanks Charly.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it? Last post on 11/30/14 at 4:42am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2516
Styleforum Top Picks
Potsnu, you've sized up to accommodate muscle growth a few times, right? how much bigger were the shoulder measurements Charly gave you compared to your body measurements?
I measured my shoulders at 16.5 inches, told charly I wanted to gain about 10 lbs, he said an 18" s2s would be best. I want to trust Charly, but it couldn't hurt to discuss it here either. Especially with people saying that their jacket s2s is smaller than their measured s2s.
If it was a chest measurement that I thought was weird/large I wouldn't really worry about it, I like working out a lot so it isn't unrealistic for me to think I'll be able to fill it out eventually. But shouldn't jackets s2s measurement not change much with shoulder size? I would think the s2s would change a little, but still be based off where the shoulder bone is, whereas sleeve width and length would be the measurements to change with shoulder size.
I'm just a bit worried, because I wore some sort of calf/cow leather moto in highschool that I thought was really cool until I realized it was 2-4 inches too big in the chest and too big in the shoulder (about 19"), and really just made me look like a goofball. I know that the drapy-ness of lamb means that the measurements are slightly more forgiving, it won't look like I'm wearing a cardboard box, but I still would rather not have to rely on forgiveness.
Again, I want to trust Charly, but I've seen someone say that most people don't know how to measure s2s on their body anyway. My shoulders are slightly narrow compared to my chest (16.5" shoulder 42" chest), so I'm wondering if he might have a bias towards assuming that I'm underselling my actual shoulder measurement.
I'm pretty new to anything made to measure, so I might have a terrible understanding of how it works, or I might have actually miss-measured my body, I know. I'm not really as worried as I probably sound, I like the conversation here and want to fuel it a bit.
mine had that much discoloration from denim in only a few wears. shes a delicate one. thats a damn nice fit for an ebay pickup.
Charley has spoken, posts like these gotta stop
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 51 seconds ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 58 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015