Many thanks Charly.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 2:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2516post #37726 of 545162/18/14 at 5:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37727 of 545162/18/14 at 7:01pm
Potsnu, you've sized up to accommodate muscle growth a few times, right? how much bigger were the shoulder measurements Charly gave you compared to your body measurements?
I measured my shoulders at 16.5 inches, told charly I wanted to gain about 10 lbs, he said an 18" s2s would be best. I want to trust Charly, but it couldn't hurt to discuss it here either. Especially with people saying that their jacket s2s is smaller than their measured s2s.
If it was a chest measurement that I thought was weird/large I wouldn't really worry about it, I like working out a lot so it isn't unrealistic for me to think I'll be able to fill it out eventually. But shouldn't jackets s2s measurement not change much with shoulder size? I would think the s2s would change a little, but still be based off where the shoulder bone is, whereas sleeve width and length would be the measurements to change with shoulder size.
I'm just a bit worried, because I wore some sort of calf/cow leather moto in highschool that I thought was really cool until I realized it was 2-4 inches too big in the chest and too big in the shoulder (about 19"), and really just made me look like a goofball. I know that the drapy-ness of lamb means that the measurements are slightly more forgiving, it won't look like I'm wearing a cardboard box, but I still would rather not have to rely on forgiveness.
Again, I want to trust Charly, but I've seen someone say that most people don't know how to measure s2s on their body anyway. My shoulders are slightly narrow compared to my chest (16.5" shoulder 42" chest), so I'm wondering if he might have a bias towards assuming that I'm underselling my actual shoulder measurement.
I'm pretty new to anything made to measure, so I might have a terrible understanding of how it works, or I might have actually miss-measured my body, I know. I'm not really as worried as I probably sound, I like the conversation here and want to fuel it a bit.post #37728 of 545162/18/14 at 7:08pmpost #37729 of 545162/18/14 at 7:25pmScale the shoulder changes along with the current chest model. Your shoulders aren't going to grow more than your chest grows unless you're black or using AAS. If you think you're going to go from a 48 chest measurement to a 50, the appropriate shoulder size change on the size chart is probably fine.post #37730 of 545162/18/14 at 8:45pmpost #37731 of 545162/18/14 at 10:32pmpost #37732 of 545162/18/14 at 10:35pmpost #37733 of 545162/19/14 at 3:17ampost #37734 of 545162/19/14 at 3:37amQuote:
mine had that much discoloration from denim in only a few wears. shes a delicate one. thats a damn nice fit for an ebay pickup.post #37735 of 545162/19/14 at 4:37ampost #37736 of 545162/19/14 at 4:53ammy god. today is the day, boys. just woke up for school and did my routine e-mail/Facebook/instagram check, and was surprised with my tracking number. July 8th 2010 DR order. inbound into customs in Chicago right now, so I'm assuming it will be here on friday(I'm in arkansas). I'm so stoked. if I get it on friday, that will be exactly 33 weeks from the day I sent payment and confirmed my order to receiving my jacket. expect pictures!post #37737 of 545162/19/14 at 6:03ampost #37738 of 545162/19/14 at 6:14ampost #37739 of 545162/19/14 at 6:14amQuote:
Charley has spoken, posts like these gotta stop
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 7 minutes ago
- › NWT Polo Ralph Lauren 100% cashmere cable knit sweaters sz SMALL 9 minutes ago
- › Alternative to Vince. 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...