Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2483post #37231 of 545201/30/14 at 5:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37232 of 545201/30/14 at 5:13pmpost #37233 of 545201/30/14 at 5:31pmpost #37234 of 545201/30/14 at 5:36pmEh? We back to the whole cuff discussion again? The cuffs are 5.0" and the circumference of my wrists is 6.25"
Right now because the jacket is brand new and was sitting at the bottom of the box, the opening is not rounding out and is completely flat.
It's running the opposite direction the sleeves are opening so that's why it seems bigger if you know what I mean.
If you look at my 3rd photo, you can see how flat and squished the cuffs are right now.post #37235 of 545201/30/14 at 6:19pmpost #37236 of 545201/30/14 at 9:32pmpost #37237 of 545201/31/14 at 2:37ampost #37238 of 545201/31/14 at 6:42amJust wanted to touch on a few subjects. First off, I'm definitely open to criticism with my fit. But I had hesistations with posting fit pics brand new from the box because I know from experience the jacket doesn't fit quite right brand new. When I first got my MDR, I really didn't like how it fit and looked so I never posted pictures. I wore for like a month and now it drapes the way I want to over my body.
There's a break in period with every jacket, you need to form the creases around the elbows etc. and the zippers are very stiff. So everything will work itself out.
Does that mean my jacket fits absolutely perfect? No, not right now at least.
Some background info. When I ordered my first TOJ, I was 125lbs. When I ordered my A-2 I was 135lbs (now it fits snug). When I ordered all these jackets, I was 145lbs. Right now I'm 153lbs. and I plan to finish off at 165lbs and I sized my jackets with that in mind.
I basically told Charly that I wanted a jacket that fits good now, but fits perfect later. I told him I have room to grow in my traps, shoulders, forearms, etc. and to account for some breathing room in those areas. Another thing that I'm not ashamed to admit is that I have pretty small hands. My hands are only slightly larger than my girlfriend's. So that adds to the perception that the cuffs look large, along with the cuffs are flat from shipping. I also like a slightly larger opening so when I wear my leather gloves, it slides inside the cuff and not over the cuff.
Some of the criticism is very nit picking and it doesn't bother me. I'm not obessesed with having a perfectly fitting jacket. This may seem like a foreign concept, but made to measure doesn't necessarily mean the jacket has to fit 100% perfectly. I could nit pick all my jackets and shave off 0.2" here, add 0.3" here etc. But giving customers those options is exactly why Drew had said he will stop doing made to measure and take control back into his own hands.
Last point I wanted to bring up, even if the customer has total control over the jacket; most people wouldn't be qualified to make the decision as to how a jacket should fit proportional. Which is why I have always trusted Charly and used a bit of common sense and gave my feedback to change the jacket to proportions that make sense.
I've seen guys post jackets of their DR's where I feel the sleeve lengths were modified too short and the cuff opening too narrow. When the cuff opening is too narrow, you can't even fit a nice watch in it. You'll find in all of Drew's fits, he always accounts for the watch opening and he has a slouchy, relaxed fit. That's exactly the type of fit I strive for.
If your sleeves are too short, you're screwed. I think it's this type of customization and nit picking is what causes people to have a messed up jacket.
Last point I wanted to bring up, I have a lot of jackets and even though I hate to sell items I may eventually have to get rid of some of my jackets. So my thought process has always been to stay as close to stock size as possible, so in the event that I need to sell my jacket I would be able to attract a greater audience.
But thanks for all the comments everyone, good or bad.post #37239 of 545201/31/14 at 6:50ampost #37240 of 545201/31/14 at 7:52ampost #37241 of 545201/31/14 at 8:18am
Charly advised me on the slim cuff treatment. 6.9 Elbows and 4.9 cuffs. So when unzipped the cuff will be 6.9... pretty much a straight fit from elbow to wrist.
I think the cuff situation is especially confusing because one of the sewers was cutting them inaccurately (but not badly) for an indeterminate amount of time. The sewer was actually constructing the cuffs smaller than the actual measurements provided, so you can't really look back at older jackets people have posted and their measurement as a reference point.
I mean all of this shit can basically be circumvented by measuring a jacket and asking charly but still lol.post #37242 of 545201/31/14 at 8:24ampost #37243 of 545201/31/14 at 8:26ampost #37244 of 545201/31/14 at 8:39ampost #37245 of 545201/31/14 at 8:48am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 50 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...