Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2469
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37022 of 545201/22/14 at 1:32pmpost #37023 of 545201/22/14 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
Guys. Guys. More people have messed up the fit on their ToJ by worrying about a couple half-inches here or there than have gotten a better fit out of it. Distorb should know this best of all. Give Charly guidance, but let him size you- he will help you get the right fit, you're more likely to fuck it up and leave yourself with $800 of regret.
Yeap that's what I did and my jacket for perfectly.post #37024 of 545201/22/14 at 2:17pmpost #37025 of 545201/22/14 at 2:29pmpost #37026 of 545201/22/14 at 2:39pmpost #37027 of 545201/22/14 at 2:54pmpost #37028 of 545201/22/14 at 3:03pmpost #37029 of 545201/22/14 at 3:22pmpost #37030 of 545201/22/14 at 3:52pmHonestly though, sleeve width is something to be picky about, at least for me. If a sleeve can't at least be closed to be a snug/tapered fit, especially for something like a slim fitting leather jacket, I think it looks pretty goofy. sleeves that "open up" like bell bottoms really drive me crazy, not to mention they constantly bounce against my wristspost #37031 of 545201/22/14 at 4:03pm
So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er.post #37032 of 545201/22/14 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er.
Nobody in the last few pages has proposed that we should modify our cuff measurements to make this "right-er." Nobody has proposed that we shouldn't ask Charly any questions. You're arguing against a point that nobody has made.post #37033 of 545201/22/14 at 8:17pmpost #37034 of 545201/23/14 at 1:53am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 30 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 52 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...