Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 6:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 8:31 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2430post #36436 of 5469912/23/13 at 7:27ampost #36437 of 5469912/23/13 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Peter1
Looking for some footwear suggestions.
I have a medium whiskey calf CM in the hopper right now -- obviously I have a little time to save $$ for some appropriate shoes/boots!
Right now I'm thinking something like roughout jumper/trench/service-style boots, maybe Alden or OSB. Viberg boondockers look nice but the tan color on their web site might be a little light.
Medium whiskey is a fabulous color but I only have black, walnut/brown and tan shoes/boots right now.
OTOH the Carmina Emerson jodhpurs with Dainite that Epaulet sells are really sweet, and here in Paris that style is pretty on-point right now.
Any other suggestions, especially on colors? -- $700 max is my budget.
You're not gonna match shoes to the medium whiskey exactly, and I'd not go on a goose chase to try. However, brown and tan shoes should coordinate well w/ the medium whiskey, and depending on how the color is, maybe even black shoes. I'd advise that you start shopping for the shoes once you get the jacket and get a feel for its in-person color. Stylistically, yeah, jodhpurs and combat boots are a sound idea.
@flahertongs, the jacket is finepost #36438 of 5469912/23/13 at 9:00ampost #36439 of 5469912/23/13 at 9:40ampost #36440 of 5469912/23/13 at 9:42ampost #36441 of 5469912/23/13 at 10:51ampost #36442 of 5469912/23/13 at 11:24ampost #36443 of 5469912/23/13 at 11:38ampost #36444 of 5469912/23/13 at 12:10pmpost #36445 of 5469912/23/13 at 12:13pmpost #36446 of 5469912/23/13 at 12:15pmpost #36447 of 5469912/23/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
I'm with you, I like the jacket to hug a bit or show some waist suppression when you have the body for it. I dont buy the catchall arguement that its mean to be straight down, there have been good examples reflecting it can be achieved and looks good...that all being said, from the pics yours looks really good and I would be inclined to not tamper with it.post #36448 of 5469912/23/13 at 1:59pmpost #36449 of 5469912/23/13 at 2:14pmpost #36450 of 5469912/23/13 at 2:22pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 seconds ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden x Leffot BNIB NST Tanker Boot in Color 8 Shell Cordovan - 10D 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 9 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 11 minutes ago
- › Buyer abuses the "item not as described", help! 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding