Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 9/21/16 at 4:54pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2430post #36436 of 5475212/23/13 at 7:27ampost #36437 of 5475212/23/13 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Peter1
Looking for some footwear suggestions.
I have a medium whiskey calf CM in the hopper right now -- obviously I have a little time to save $$ for some appropriate shoes/boots!
Right now I'm thinking something like roughout jumper/trench/service-style boots, maybe Alden or OSB. Viberg boondockers look nice but the tan color on their web site might be a little light.
Medium whiskey is a fabulous color but I only have black, walnut/brown and tan shoes/boots right now.
OTOH the Carmina Emerson jodhpurs with Dainite that Epaulet sells are really sweet, and here in Paris that style is pretty on-point right now.
Any other suggestions, especially on colors? -- $700 max is my budget.
You're not gonna match shoes to the medium whiskey exactly, and I'd not go on a goose chase to try. However, brown and tan shoes should coordinate well w/ the medium whiskey, and depending on how the color is, maybe even black shoes. I'd advise that you start shopping for the shoes once you get the jacket and get a feel for its in-person color. Stylistically, yeah, jodhpurs and combat boots are a sound idea.
@flahertongs, the jacket is finepost #36438 of 5475212/23/13 at 9:00ampost #36439 of 5475212/23/13 at 9:40ampost #36440 of 5475212/23/13 at 9:42ampost #36441 of 5475212/23/13 at 10:51ampost #36442 of 5475212/23/13 at 11:24ampost #36443 of 5475212/23/13 at 11:38ampost #36444 of 5475212/23/13 at 12:10pmpost #36445 of 5475212/23/13 at 12:13pmpost #36446 of 5475212/23/13 at 12:15pmpost #36447 of 5475212/23/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
I'm with you, I like the jacket to hug a bit or show some waist suppression when you have the body for it. I dont buy the catchall arguement that its mean to be straight down, there have been good examples reflecting it can be achieved and looks good...that all being said, from the pics yours looks really good and I would be inclined to not tamper with it.post #36448 of 5475212/23/13 at 1:59pmpost #36449 of 5475212/23/13 at 2:14pmpost #36450 of 5475212/23/13 at 2:22pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Cars We Drive! 16 seconds ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 55 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 1 minute ago
- › A.P.C. New Standard, Raw Selvedge Indigo, Size 32 2 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...