This is probably a stupid question that I would be able to figure out if I knew how the search the thread, but what are excella zips? Are they different from the YKK standard zips?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 2:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2428post #36407 of 5480512/20/13 at 4:37pm
I am reading this Toj thread for more than a year now, but this is my very first post. I put my order on 17/8, black/black TOJ0. I get for 50 with 48 legths. But then I somehow saw fit photos of user Leather. He said that the jacket is tight in the shoulders and he has it in size 50. He's 6" and 160 pounds. I am 5,9 and 176 pounds - chest 18,5 inch. Charlie said 50 will be good, he said the same for Black lamb MA-1 I am planning to order before cutoff. But I am afraid I have to contact him to change size of my already ordered TOJ0 to 52 with 48 lengths. What do you guys think? :)post #36408 of 5480512/20/13 at 4:39pmpost #36409 of 5480512/20/13 at 4:42pmpost #36410 of 5480512/20/13 at 6:00pm
I'm pretty sure half of us are waiting for this exact jacket (minus excella zips for me.)
I'm not going to come right out and say that I think diamond quilting looks bad, but why anybody would go for it over the channel is beyond me.post #36411 of 5480512/20/13 at 6:44pmpost #36412 of 5480512/20/13 at 9:44pmpost #36413 of 5480512/21/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Damn, It was my first post and I already said something wrong. 18,5 is my shoulders measurements and pit to pit 22. That's why I think size 50 won't fit me well.post #36414 of 5480512/21/13 at 4:23ampost #36415 of 5480512/21/13 at 10:18ampost #36416 of 5480512/21/13 at 10:54ampost #36417 of 5480512/21/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Size 50 is 18.3 shoulder to shoulder and 22 pit to pit.
You have 18.5 shoulders and a 44 inch chest.
Sounds like you should get someone to measure you again or size up.post #36418 of 5480512/21/13 at 3:42pmQuote:
Ah, it's so obvious that I slept only 3 hours. Shoulders are 18,5 and around chests is 44. I am sorry for last two confusing posts. I think my chests and size 50 is ok, but I am afraid the jacket would be to tight in shoulders. I will always wear it unzipped but anyway. I want a little loose fit, like Drew's on the photos of MA-1 few posts back.post #36419 of 5480512/21/13 at 4:20pmpost #36420 of 5480512/21/13 at 4:23pm
What size do you usually wear for jackets?
Your measurements seem off...
Do you have any other clothes that fit how you want the TOJ0 to fit?
If you do, then measure those clothes and use them as a comparison.
Did you follow their measuring guide? http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/howtoorder
Also, did you tell Charly what kind of fit you were looking for?
The more information you give him (with accurate measurements), the more he'll be able to help you out.
The ToJ house fit is generally slim-fitting so if that isn't your thing then let him know and he'll adjust accordingly.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 40 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 47 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...