This is probably a stupid question that I would be able to figure out if I knew how the search the thread, but what are excella zips? Are they different from the YKK standard zips?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 11:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 10/3/15 at 7:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2428
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36407 of 5403512/20/13 at 4:37pm
I am reading this Toj thread for more than a year now, but this is my very first post. I put my order on 17/8, black/black TOJ0. I get for 50 with 48 legths. But then I somehow saw fit photos of user Leather. He said that the jacket is tight in the shoulders and he has it in size 50. He's 6" and 160 pounds. I am 5,9 and 176 pounds - chest 18,5 inch. Charlie said 50 will be good, he said the same for Black lamb MA-1 I am planning to order before cutoff. But I am afraid I have to contact him to change size of my already ordered TOJ0 to 52 with 48 lengths. What do you guys think? :)post #36408 of 5403512/20/13 at 4:39pmpost #36409 of 5403512/20/13 at 4:42pmpost #36410 of 5403512/20/13 at 6:00pm
I'm pretty sure half of us are waiting for this exact jacket (minus excella zips for me.)
I'm not going to come right out and say that I think diamond quilting looks bad, but why anybody would go for it over the channel is beyond me.post #36411 of 5403512/20/13 at 6:44pmpost #36412 of 5403512/20/13 at 9:44pmpost #36413 of 5403512/21/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Damn, It was my first post and I already said something wrong. 18,5 is my shoulders measurements and pit to pit 22. That's why I think size 50 won't fit me well.post #36414 of 5403512/21/13 at 4:23ampost #36415 of 5403512/21/13 at 10:18ampost #36416 of 5403512/21/13 at 10:54ampost #36417 of 5403512/21/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Size 50 is 18.3 shoulder to shoulder and 22 pit to pit.
You have 18.5 shoulders and a 44 inch chest.
Sounds like you should get someone to measure you again or size up.post #36418 of 5403512/21/13 at 3:42pmQuote:
Ah, it's so obvious that I slept only 3 hours. Shoulders are 18,5 and around chests is 44. I am sorry for last two confusing posts. I think my chests and size 50 is ok, but I am afraid the jacket would be to tight in shoulders. I will always wear it unzipped but anyway. I want a little loose fit, like Drew's on the photos of MA-1 few posts back.post #36419 of 5403512/21/13 at 4:20pmpost #36420 of 5403512/21/13 at 4:23pm
What size do you usually wear for jackets?
Your measurements seem off...
Do you have any other clothes that fit how you want the TOJ0 to fit?
If you do, then measure those clothes and use them as a comparison.
Did you follow their measuring guide? http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/howtoorder
Also, did you tell Charly what kind of fit you were looking for?
The more information you give him (with accurate measurements), the more he'll be able to help you out.
The ToJ house fit is generally slim-fitting so if that isn't your thing then let him know and he'll adjust accordingly.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 36 seconds ago
- › Does anyone recognit these two shoes? (brand & model) Where to buy... 50 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Notre - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › What low-quality clothing brands do you like anyway? 4 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...