Nope. You'll probably want an actual protective jacket. Drew's done a prototype with calf+padded inserts before.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 4:02 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2392post #35866 of 5452011/25/13 at 4:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35867 of 5452011/25/13 at 4:06pmpost #35868 of 5452011/25/13 at 4:11pmpost #35869 of 5452011/25/13 at 4:13pmpost #35870 of 5452011/25/13 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by gcmartin1
Scored big today. Joseph. A Banks cashmere sport coat in tobacco, camel hair in sand and cashmere great coat in black. Giorgio Armani cashmere great coat in charcoal. Hartt brogues lgb in oxhide Bourbon, Dack Oxfords Prairie ox in brown, RJ Wright cognac brogue monk English made.
I also follow the thrift thread and the TOJ thread.post #35871 of 5452011/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #35872 of 5452011/25/13 at 6:39pm
I want some black leather shoes to pair with a black moto, indigo jeans and various t-shirts and button downs. It's important to me that the leather shoes can be used in a business casual wardrobe as well as with jeans. Would these chelseas look good? If not, what are your recommendations?post #35873 of 5452011/25/13 at 6:46pmpost #35874 of 5452011/25/13 at 9:22pmpost #35875 of 5452011/25/13 at 9:34pmpost #35876 of 5452011/25/13 at 9:58pm
I've packed on 10-15 pounds of muscle since ordering my CWU about 18 months ago and I plan to keep working out. Is it time to consider ordering a new one? Jacket kind of rides up in the center back since my traps are bigger and I don't have the best posture. Gussets are also almost always stretched out.
Looking at B&S prices, figure it'd cost ~$400 at the high end to get a new jacket, maybe less. I'm thinking it might be worth it. Might even upgrade my 4-zip moto while I'm at it...
Edited by Ketawa - 11/25/13 at 10:09pmpost #35877 of 5452011/25/13 at 10:23pmpost #35878 of 5452011/25/13 at 10:45pmpost #35879 of 5452011/25/13 at 10:48pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 46 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pure Blue Japan 31 (pics inside) 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?