Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2388post #35806 of 5452011/22/13 at 7:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35807 of 5452011/22/13 at 8:30ampost #35808 of 5452011/22/13 at 8:36ampost #35809 of 5452011/22/13 at 8:55amQuote:
At -40 you best be wearing that TOJ leather jacket under a down parka so you're probably okay.post #35810 of 5452011/22/13 at 9:50amYeah, I'm in Alaska and I don't recommend any leather jacket for that kind of cold unless it's lined with thick shearling. Even then there are much better options. I'd wear a leather with a hoodie or sweater underneath down to -30 Celcius, but only if I was driving in town without the possibility of getting stranded in the middle of nowhere.post #35811 of 5452011/22/13 at 10:09ampost #35812 of 5452011/22/13 at 10:21amQuote:
I live in Winnipeg and I've worn my ToJ1 out down to about -30°C and I haven't noticed any cracking or anything like that.post #35813 of 5452011/22/13 at 11:06ampost #35814 of 5452011/22/13 at 11:11ampost #35815 of 5452011/22/13 at 11:33ampost #35816 of 5452011/22/13 at 11:55am
Funny, it can hit -40C near Toronto too, which is confusing since Potsnu posted that. I guess most people find shelter in the iron jungle. Most of non-coastal Canada, pretty much, gets to -40 a few times a year.post #35817 of 5452011/22/13 at 12:03pmpost #35818 of 5452011/22/13 at 1:25pmpost #35819 of 5452011/22/13 at 1:54pmpost #35820 of 5452011/22/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
Well people in Toronto will wear Canada Goose + sweat pants + UGGs/Timberlands in +10C lol
I'm rarely outside for more than a few minutes in the winter, as I'm either driving or taking a taxi.
But back to the topic, if you sized for a slightly looser fit you can easily wear a hoodie + leather jacket + scarf/toque/gloves and be reasonably warm.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1430 Active Users (316 Members and 1114 Guests)
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 8 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 seconds ago
- › Missing posters 33 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?