Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2356
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35327 of 5452010/31/13 at 8:12pmpost #35328 of 5452010/31/13 at 8:18pmpost #35329 of 5452010/31/13 at 8:25pmpost #35330 of 5452010/31/13 at 8:51pmHonestly, it varies from jacket to jacket. My last lamb TOJ was incredibly thick and heavy, it could take a beating. My new one is a lot thinner and I find myself consciously taking a lot more care of it for fear that it will damage easily. I was actually pretty disappointed when I first opened the package and felt how light the jacket was compared to my last one. I'm really hoping I get thicker leather for the moto I'm waiting on currently.
I think the black lamb for a woman's jacket is the way to go though.post #35331 of 5452010/31/13 at 10:02pmpost #35332 of 5452010/31/13 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by flahertongs
Honestly, it varies from jacket to jacket. My last lamb TOJ was incredibly thick and heavy, it could take a beating. My new one is a lot thinner and I find myself consciously taking a lot more care of it for fear that it will damage easily. I was actually pretty disappointed when I first opened the package and felt how light the jacket was compared to my last one. I'm really hoping I get thicker leather for the moto I'm waiting on currently.
I think the black lamb for a woman's jacket is the way to go though.
This is something that has been mentioned once or twice: the new black lamb not being as good quality (or as thick) as the old one.
Can anyone else confirm?post #35333 of 5452011/1/13 at 4:14am
I think its based on what supplies they have at the time and if you are lucky, you may end up with thick lamb.
I had requested for 'thick' lamb for my wifes bcdr but JC couldn't guarantee it so we went for the black heavy calf. I have a calf MDR already so our expectations were set and it seems black heavy calf doesn't vary in thickness/quality as much as the lamb does.
My wifes first DR jacket was thin, black lamb but still nice and soft. It was also a darker black with a bit of sheen to it, like the calf. This jacket was sent back due to incorrect specs and the replacement we received came in the thick lamb but is more of a muted black colour.post #35334 of 5452011/1/13 at 4:43ampost #35335 of 5452011/1/13 at 4:51ampost #35336 of 5452011/1/13 at 5:54ampost #35337 of 5452011/1/13 at 6:55ampost #35338 of 5452011/1/13 at 7:08amhmtwrkQuote:
Moto-style jackets are traditionally short bodied; Shotts are standardly this way. I would add an inch to the arm measurements as has been said, but it's not bad here.post #35339 of 5452011/1/13 at 8:07ampost #35340 of 5452011/1/13 at 8:16am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › DROPS 01/23!!! Suits 38-40R. Borrelli, Sartoria Attolini, Zegna... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 2 minutes ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...