Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 9:40 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2319post #34771 of 5475610/3/13 at 10:26ampost #34772 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:13pmpost #34773 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:16pmpost #34774 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:17pmDistorbiant asked me to post more details on my jacket. I've had it for about two years now... figured it's time to report back.
Jacket is light whiskey italian calf, offered only briefly. I'd been fixin on getting a medium grey lamb MDR, but Drew said "this shit would look legit for yall dirty blondes," then charlie said "with this leather, you gotta get DR2010". so I trusted them without even thinkin about it, though I'd never considered the 2010 before.
And thank god I did. I've sunk enough dollars into toj for the bronze loyalty club member, and i've way too many jackets, but this is the one I always come back to.
Told be truth, I don't know a damned thing about photography. I just did my best. I hope the subtleties of the colors and fading come through.
I ain't coddled this jacket at all. I take it everywhere, get it beat up. First got it in November, been drenched to the bone several times during the rainy california winters. Jacket didn't care, ate it all up. Then come spring, time for learning and exploring. Learned to ride a motorcycle, fell off several times wearing the jacket - again, the jacket didn't care. Gone hiking up through dusty areas and lush green forests alike.
That autumn was time for mischief. Exploring abandoned towns, climbing railways, crawling around the streets of San Francisco with a head so full of acid I thought I was flying. Next summer rolled in and it was time for drifting; thousands of miles on two wheels all up and down the coast, from Portland to the Valley of Death. I'd unbuckle the belts and let em blow in the wind, 100MPH across highway 5, hot winds blowing across the desert. Taking breaks to wander the hard caliche, staring up at the sun, dust everywhere.
Anyway, the jacket's browned in the areas where it makes contact with my skin - about the wrists and neck. In some places it's been sunbleached, especially on the upper back - you got a cool gradient effect where it's a rich caramel on the bottom and a bleached dust color on top. You can see where the belts come across, underneath their silhouette is visible in the leather. Other places the leather is stained grey or even black from chain lube or motor oil or asphalt or plain grit. Been conditioned with lexol twice, though I don't know that it was needed. Seemed like a fun thing to do.
Detailed images: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For all you pondering how many tenths of an inch to shave off your shoulder measurements, chill. It's a leather jacket - it's gonna stretch and grow over time anyway. Imperfections are the nature of the beast and they only make it better. Make it tell a story.
Edited by eidolarr - 10/3/13 at 12:34pmpost #34775 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:19pmpost #34776 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34777 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34778 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:25pmpost #34779 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:29pmpost #34780 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:30pmpost #34781 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:31pmpost #34782 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
The color mine is now isn't the color it was originally. It ate up some sun and got lighter over time.
I tried to fix the photographs. If it didn't work, fuck it, here's the album: https://imgur.com/a/YOS09#0post #34783 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:43pmpost #34784 of 5475610/3/13 at 12:58pmpost #34785 of 5475610/3/13 at 1:19pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1216 Active Users (252 Members and 964 Guests)
- › Introduce yourself. 13 seconds ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › BNWT LBM 1911 Fly FU Sportcoat 36R (US)/ 46R (IT) 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...