Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:21 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2319post #34771 of 5430810/3/13 at 10:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34772 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:13pmpost #34773 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:16pmpost #34774 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:17pmDistorbiant asked me to post more details on my jacket. I've had it for about two years now... figured it's time to report back.
Jacket is light whiskey italian calf, offered only briefly. I'd been fixin on getting a medium grey lamb MDR, but Drew said "this shit would look legit for yall dirty blondes," then charlie said "with this leather, you gotta get DR2010". so I trusted them without even thinkin about it, though I'd never considered the 2010 before.
And thank god I did. I've sunk enough dollars into toj for the bronze loyalty club member, and i've way too many jackets, but this is the one I always come back to.
Told be truth, I don't know a damned thing about photography. I just did my best. I hope the subtleties of the colors and fading come through.
I ain't coddled this jacket at all. I take it everywhere, get it beat up. First got it in November, been drenched to the bone several times during the rainy california winters. Jacket didn't care, ate it all up. Then come spring, time for learning and exploring. Learned to ride a motorcycle, fell off several times wearing the jacket - again, the jacket didn't care. Gone hiking up through dusty areas and lush green forests alike.
That autumn was time for mischief. Exploring abandoned towns, climbing railways, crawling around the streets of San Francisco with a head so full of acid I thought I was flying. Next summer rolled in and it was time for drifting; thousands of miles on two wheels all up and down the coast, from Portland to the Valley of Death. I'd unbuckle the belts and let em blow in the wind, 100MPH across highway 5, hot winds blowing across the desert. Taking breaks to wander the hard caliche, staring up at the sun, dust everywhere.
Anyway, the jacket's browned in the areas where it makes contact with my skin - about the wrists and neck. In some places it's been sunbleached, especially on the upper back - you got a cool gradient effect where it's a rich caramel on the bottom and a bleached dust color on top. You can see where the belts come across, underneath their silhouette is visible in the leather. Other places the leather is stained grey or even black from chain lube or motor oil or asphalt or plain grit. Been conditioned with lexol twice, though I don't know that it was needed. Seemed like a fun thing to do.
Detailed images: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For all you pondering how many tenths of an inch to shave off your shoulder measurements, chill. It's a leather jacket - it's gonna stretch and grow over time anyway. Imperfections are the nature of the beast and they only make it better. Make it tell a story.
Edited by eidolarr - 10/3/13 at 12:34pmpost #34775 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:19pmpost #34776 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34777 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34778 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:25pmpost #34779 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:29pmpost #34780 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:30pmpost #34781 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:31pmpost #34782 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
The color mine is now isn't the color it was originally. It ate up some sun and got lighter over time.
I tried to fix the photographs. If it didn't work, fuck it, here's the album: https://imgur.com/a/YOS09#0post #34783 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:43pmpost #34784 of 5430810/3/13 at 12:58pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Currently, there are 1359 Active Users (269 Members and 1090 Guests)
- › Trickers Espresso burnished super shoes - size 8 UK 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 2 minutes ago
- › Freewheelers pants - Steam donkey overalls - herringbone - size 30 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 13 minutes ago
- › Visit to Kent Wang NYC 14 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories