Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/6/15 at 8:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 7:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2319post #34771 of 5406310/3/13 at 10:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34772 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:13pmpost #34773 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:16pmpost #34774 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:17pmDistorbiant asked me to post more details on my jacket. I've had it for about two years now... figured it's time to report back.
Jacket is light whiskey italian calf, offered only briefly. I'd been fixin on getting a medium grey lamb MDR, but Drew said "this shit would look legit for yall dirty blondes," then charlie said "with this leather, you gotta get DR2010". so I trusted them without even thinkin about it, though I'd never considered the 2010 before.
And thank god I did. I've sunk enough dollars into toj for the bronze loyalty club member, and i've way too many jackets, but this is the one I always come back to.
Told be truth, I don't know a damned thing about photography. I just did my best. I hope the subtleties of the colors and fading come through.
I ain't coddled this jacket at all. I take it everywhere, get it beat up. First got it in November, been drenched to the bone several times during the rainy california winters. Jacket didn't care, ate it all up. Then come spring, time for learning and exploring. Learned to ride a motorcycle, fell off several times wearing the jacket - again, the jacket didn't care. Gone hiking up through dusty areas and lush green forests alike.
That autumn was time for mischief. Exploring abandoned towns, climbing railways, crawling around the streets of San Francisco with a head so full of acid I thought I was flying. Next summer rolled in and it was time for drifting; thousands of miles on two wheels all up and down the coast, from Portland to the Valley of Death. I'd unbuckle the belts and let em blow in the wind, 100MPH across highway 5, hot winds blowing across the desert. Taking breaks to wander the hard caliche, staring up at the sun, dust everywhere.
Anyway, the jacket's browned in the areas where it makes contact with my skin - about the wrists and neck. In some places it's been sunbleached, especially on the upper back - you got a cool gradient effect where it's a rich caramel on the bottom and a bleached dust color on top. You can see where the belts come across, underneath their silhouette is visible in the leather. Other places the leather is stained grey or even black from chain lube or motor oil or asphalt or plain grit. Been conditioned with lexol twice, though I don't know that it was needed. Seemed like a fun thing to do.
Detailed images: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For all you pondering how many tenths of an inch to shave off your shoulder measurements, chill. It's a leather jacket - it's gonna stretch and grow over time anyway. Imperfections are the nature of the beast and they only make it better. Make it tell a story.
Edited by eidolarr - 10/3/13 at 12:34pmpost #34775 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:19pmpost #34776 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34777 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34778 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:25pmpost #34779 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:29pmpost #34780 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:30pmpost #34781 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:31pmpost #34782 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
The color mine is now isn't the color it was originally. It ate up some sun and got lighter over time.
I tried to fix the photographs. If it didn't work, fuck it, here's the album: https://imgur.com/a/YOS09#0post #34783 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:43pmpost #34784 of 5406310/3/13 at 12:58pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Currently, there are 1176 Active Users (216 Members and 960 Guests)
- › Fear of God S/S Half Zip Essential Hoodie in Black - Small 3 minutes ago
- › Fear of God S/S Half Zip Essential Hoodie in Grey - Small 6 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 9 minutes ago
- › APC Zipped Black Boots 10 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth