Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2303post #34531 of 545209/21/13 at 10:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34532 of 545209/21/13 at 11:30ampost #34533 of 545209/21/13 at 11:41ampost #34534 of 545209/21/13 at 11:54ampost #34535 of 545209/21/13 at 12:23pmpost #34536 of 545209/21/13 at 12:25pmpost #34537 of 545209/21/13 at 12:26pmpost #34538 of 545209/21/13 at 1:21pmpost #34539 of 545209/21/13 at 1:48pmpost #34540 of 545209/21/13 at 2:05pmpost #34541 of 545209/21/13 at 2:12pmpost #34542 of 545209/21/13 at 2:14pmpost #34543 of 545209/21/13 at 3:31pm
Alright, the T1! (with a crappy camera)
Buttoned, collar popped
Unbuttoned, collar down
Attempt at different lighting
The Stable: Cracked Pepper Fishtail, Navy/sand tan TOJ0, Medium Grey T1, Black Lamb CWU
Simply put: the T1 is awesome. I won't bore you, as I think Synthese has already captured its essence in his excellent review. There isn't much more to add to it, other than I'm once again just floored by the material used. The T1 in that lamb suede ends up feeling like a really heavy shirt; but not a heavy jacket. Ultimately, I never know what to expect with a TOJ right out of the package (I even stopped and reminded myself, "you only once get to touch this material for the first time") , and every single time it has surprised me for the better. I mentioned it in passing before, but I ended up foregoing the BCDR for the T1, because for me, I thought it would be easier to wear. After wearing it, I think it was the best choice for me. It will be the jacket I wear as I become an old man.
I'm happy to have essentially been able to sample most of the TOJ materials (as a materials engineer, I feel like this is my duty, and how I justify that ~$2500 expenditure within a year) -- my only regret is that I didn't get anything in calf. Though, if I went with another leather, it would be extremely hard to pass up another of the black lamb.
I got to wear everything but the parka this week to work, and it is truly amazing, as Synthese mentioned, how you can simply wear a TOJ, a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, and feel absolutely amazing about an outfit. They fit me so well (thanks Charly -- you went 4-for-4 on me, I love you). It's not a sense of cockiness, so much as it is just absolute confidence in how much a TOJ piece will contribute to your outfit, and make you look entirely fly.
My friend cheezewiz put me onto TOJ about a year ago, and I feel like you guys have absolutely stepped my game up. I will miss you guys a lot (my wallet will be happy, though). I do hope you return, as I would like to get a calf jacket eventually.
Thanks TOJ Crew, and all the users here!
Edited by B0Bs4g3t - 9/22/13 at 6:18ampost #34544 of 545209/21/13 at 3:49pmpost #34545 of 545209/21/13 at 4:09pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 seconds ago
- › Please Critique My Shirt 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...