Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 11:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2286post #34276 of 545209/7/13 at 1:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34277 of 545209/7/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
Alright guys, I'm planning to buy one Black Lamb and one Black Calf (possibly oxblood) jacket. The problem is I can't decide which jackets to buy. I have narrowed it down to a few choices. Maybe you guys can help me out.
MA-1 w/ Silver
MDR 4-zip w/ Silver
DR 2010 w/ Gunmetal
Black or Oxblood Calf:
MDR 3zip w/ Gunmetal (Possibly silver with oxblood)
I think I might feel kind of weird owning two biker-style jackets. Right now I'm leaning towards one of the lamb bombers, but it feels kind of tragic not getting a biker jacket in lamb though since that is TOJ's specialty after all.
edit: @5354 When there's a will, there's a way.
edit2: I'd appreciate if this didn't turn the TOJ thread into the temporary "Current Events, Power and Money" subforum.
c'mon, dude, don't go into debt 'cause of clothes
didn't you say you were going to college? it's tough to think about it now 'cause you're so set on getting a nice jacket, but you'll appreciate it later down the road. prioritize.
and with how popular toj is, they'll come back for sure so don't worrypost #34278 of 545209/7/13 at 2:45pmpost #34279 of 545209/7/13 at 2:53pmpost #34280 of 545209/7/13 at 2:57pmpost #34281 of 545209/7/13 at 2:59pmpost #34282 of 545209/7/13 at 3:00pmQuote:
Maybe one leather jacket then? Or two jackets, one leather and one wool bodied?
It's not every day that people can plan regret with such clarity.post #34283 of 545209/7/13 at 3:01pmCole; that damage doesn't look that bad, If I were you, I'd try to save some cash, pull the fender off and hammer it out from the other side if possible (there may be some structure on the inside of the fender that would need to be removed or worked around).
From there it probably won't look nearly as bad. Hell, some white spraypaint would probably cover it from there for the time being.post #34284 of 545209/7/13 at 3:27pmpost #34285 of 545209/7/13 at 3:30pmpost #34286 of 545209/7/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
he was probably exaggerating, but if you go into debt and can't pay it off, you start having to make interest payments and then you gotta split between paying off the interest and buying things for yourself (necessities or not)
and then, maybe, since you're already in debt, you start thinking to yourself that, hey, might as well buy some more stuff since i'm already in debt anyway and a little more wouldn't hurt and yada yada (like a slippery slope)
now i'm not gonna claim to know distorbiant and i'm not gonna say with certainty that he's the type of dude who's susceptible to the above mindset, but it's a possibility
also, distorb, once again i don't know how strapped for cash you are atm since idk you, but imagine what it might be like having to sell one of the jackets you got 'cause times just got that rough
wouldn't it be more crushing to have to sell one you got really attached to than to have never had it to begin with?
in the end, though, it's all up to you
if you do end up buying them, i really hope that you have how you're going to manage the rest of your funds from there on planned out really, really wellpost #34287 of 545209/7/13 at 3:40pmI'm all for instant gratification (I have student loans out the ass and I still got a couple) but I wouldn't go into credit card debt for two jackets. If you're struggling week-to-week or month-to-month, hold off.
You're going off to college? Just one good jacket is enough--most of us got by on none. There's a ton of unexpected costs when you're living on your own.
That's enough money talk. I can't wait til this heat wave ends so I can wear something other than shorts and a t. Too many jackets wasting away in the closet.post #34288 of 545209/7/13 at 3:44pmWord. I went into Uni with virtually no clothing. I was dirt poor, had a couple shitty fitting pairs of pants and tacky t-shirts falling apart at the seams. Now that I can afford more, I certainly buy it up, but I, and most other guys here got by just fine with shit all. You'll get enough girls with alcohol, Distorb.post #34289 of 545209/7/13 at 4:42pmif y'all wanted an update, charly says they'll be taking orders for a couple more weeks, lead times are 20weeks.
Has anyone had any experience with customs fees? I just don't wanna be charged $300 on top of a $800 jacket.
Speaking of jacket, I was planning to get a woman's QDR: black lambskin, channel quilt, silver hardware. (yes I am a girl, yes I am in the classic menswear part of SF) I'm not too sure if I want the quilting though, does anyone have photos of the WQDR?post #34290 of 545209/7/13 at 4:54pmCustoms are going to depend on your country, but the vast majority of people don't get hit with crazy fees. I think I've heard of $60 from someone in the UK. They really can't calculate the true value of the jacket without recognizing it's a ToJ and checking the price online, which is never, ever going to happen unless Drew decides to go full retail on our asses. The value marked on the package keeps customs uninterested.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1032 Active Users (194 Members and 838 Guests)
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 51 seconds ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › Cleanout! Drake's, Panta, Bigi et al. Ties (and some squares) 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...