Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 9:19 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2286post #34276 of 547829/7/13 at 1:48pmpost #34277 of 547829/7/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
Alright guys, I'm planning to buy one Black Lamb and one Black Calf (possibly oxblood) jacket. The problem is I can't decide which jackets to buy. I have narrowed it down to a few choices. Maybe you guys can help me out.
MA-1 w/ Silver
MDR 4-zip w/ Silver
DR 2010 w/ Gunmetal
Black or Oxblood Calf:
MDR 3zip w/ Gunmetal (Possibly silver with oxblood)
I think I might feel kind of weird owning two biker-style jackets. Right now I'm leaning towards one of the lamb bombers, but it feels kind of tragic not getting a biker jacket in lamb though since that is TOJ's specialty after all.
edit: @5354 When there's a will, there's a way.
edit2: I'd appreciate if this didn't turn the TOJ thread into the temporary "Current Events, Power and Money" subforum.
c'mon, dude, don't go into debt 'cause of clothes
didn't you say you were going to college? it's tough to think about it now 'cause you're so set on getting a nice jacket, but you'll appreciate it later down the road. prioritize.
and with how popular toj is, they'll come back for sure so don't worrypost #34278 of 547829/7/13 at 2:45pmpost #34279 of 547829/7/13 at 2:53pmpost #34280 of 547829/7/13 at 2:57pmpost #34281 of 547829/7/13 at 2:59pmpost #34282 of 547829/7/13 at 3:00pmQuote:
Maybe one leather jacket then? Or two jackets, one leather and one wool bodied?
It's not every day that people can plan regret with such clarity.post #34283 of 547829/7/13 at 3:01pmCole; that damage doesn't look that bad, If I were you, I'd try to save some cash, pull the fender off and hammer it out from the other side if possible (there may be some structure on the inside of the fender that would need to be removed or worked around).
From there it probably won't look nearly as bad. Hell, some white spraypaint would probably cover it from there for the time being.post #34284 of 547829/7/13 at 3:27pmpost #34285 of 547829/7/13 at 3:30pmpost #34286 of 547829/7/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
he was probably exaggerating, but if you go into debt and can't pay it off, you start having to make interest payments and then you gotta split between paying off the interest and buying things for yourself (necessities or not)
and then, maybe, since you're already in debt, you start thinking to yourself that, hey, might as well buy some more stuff since i'm already in debt anyway and a little more wouldn't hurt and yada yada (like a slippery slope)
now i'm not gonna claim to know distorbiant and i'm not gonna say with certainty that he's the type of dude who's susceptible to the above mindset, but it's a possibility
also, distorb, once again i don't know how strapped for cash you are atm since idk you, but imagine what it might be like having to sell one of the jackets you got 'cause times just got that rough
wouldn't it be more crushing to have to sell one you got really attached to than to have never had it to begin with?
in the end, though, it's all up to you
if you do end up buying them, i really hope that you have how you're going to manage the rest of your funds from there on planned out really, really wellpost #34287 of 547829/7/13 at 3:40pmI'm all for instant gratification (I have student loans out the ass and I still got a couple) but I wouldn't go into credit card debt for two jackets. If you're struggling week-to-week or month-to-month, hold off.
You're going off to college? Just one good jacket is enough--most of us got by on none. There's a ton of unexpected costs when you're living on your own.
That's enough money talk. I can't wait til this heat wave ends so I can wear something other than shorts and a t. Too many jackets wasting away in the closet.post #34288 of 547829/7/13 at 3:44pmWord. I went into Uni with virtually no clothing. I was dirt poor, had a couple shitty fitting pairs of pants and tacky t-shirts falling apart at the seams. Now that I can afford more, I certainly buy it up, but I, and most other guys here got by just fine with shit all. You'll get enough girls with alcohol, Distorb.post #34289 of 547829/7/13 at 4:42pmif y'all wanted an update, charly says they'll be taking orders for a couple more weeks, lead times are 20weeks.
Has anyone had any experience with customs fees? I just don't wanna be charged $300 on top of a $800 jacket.
Speaking of jacket, I was planning to get a woman's QDR: black lambskin, channel quilt, silver hardware. (yes I am a girl, yes I am in the classic menswear part of SF) I'm not too sure if I want the quilting though, does anyone have photos of the WQDR?post #34290 of 547829/7/13 at 4:54pmCustoms are going to depend on your country, but the vast majority of people don't get hit with crazy fees. I think I've heard of $60 from someone in the UK. They really can't calculate the true value of the jacket without recognizing it's a ToJ and checking the price online, which is never, ever going to happen unless Drew decides to go full retail on our asses. The value marked on the package keeps customs uninterested.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 925 Active Users (123 Members and 802 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 31 minutes ago
- › Thrifted Hermes Tie - Was this widened? How to restore to original... 35 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 49 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 50 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 55 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 58 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...