Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2278
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34157 of 545208/29/13 at 3:34pmpost #34158 of 545208/29/13 at 3:58pmpost #34159 of 545208/29/13 at 3:59pmpost #34160 of 545208/29/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Probably a sensible suggestion. To be honest, it doesn't look that bad, not great but not bad. I guess you're always going to be unhappy with it, and there's no guarantee you'll like it even with the 300 alterations so just cut your losses.post #34161 of 545208/29/13 at 4:05pmpost #34162 of 545208/29/13 at 4:24pmLooks good to me too, is there something I'm missing?
Edit: I read your posts too, obviously. But in the photographs you posted, I honestly think the jacket looks fine. You might have to get someone else to take photos from behind in order to show is what you mean...
...I hate to say this because I really feel for you, but maybe you think it's a lot worse than it really is? Obviously how you feel about the jacket is very important too.post #34163 of 545208/29/13 at 4:38pmpost #34164 of 545208/29/13 at 5:03pmpost #34165 of 545208/29/13 at 5:13pmpost #34166 of 545208/29/13 at 5:23pm
That's quite a cost to alter it, especially with your tight budget. I say leave it the way it is, and get your priorities straight first.After that long post about how awful the jacket turned out from not trusting Charly (ironic that you're the one always preaching it though) I'm surprised it didn't turn out as awful I had in mind. I was expecting something like Cole's example, or even worst, but this actually looks pretty good; care to take a photo of the back?post #34167 of 545208/29/13 at 5:35pm
Thanks for the replies. Perhaps it isn't as bad as I originally thought it was, though it is still unwearable at this point. As I mentioned the pictures don't really capture how poor the fit is on me. That being said, I will make like a cole and take a break from this thread for a while, though any advice or feedback is still appreciated.post #34168 of 545208/30/13 at 8:58pmpost #34169 of 545208/30/13 at 9:18pmpost #34170 of 545208/30/13 at 9:46pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › GMTO Carmina Split Toe Derby 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shell Cordovan Black Cherry UK11.5 Oscar Last Burdeos 3 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...