Looking for a leather that I can wear to work in a business casual setting. I already own: black MDR, black moto, brown A2, brown CM. Any suggestions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 5:31 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2270post #34037 of 547068/24/13 at 11:16pmpost #34038 of 547068/25/13 at 7:32ampost #34039 of 547068/25/13 at 8:09ampost #34040 of 547068/25/13 at 2:51pm
That it does. Hows the calf wearing in Ari?
The talk a cpl of pages back about tapering got me wondering. Its interesting that on the stock measurements of the TOJ website the waist actually comes out half an inch more than the mid section. For a tapered look wouldnt you have to reduce that at least less than the mid or is it the case that the MDR is not cut/designed for such a tapered look?post #34041 of 547068/25/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
That it does. Hows the calf wearing in Ari?
The talk a cpl of pages back about tapering got me wondering. Its interesting that on the stock measurements of the TOJ website the waist actually comes out half an inch more than the mid section. For a tapered look wouldnt you have to reduce that at least less than the mid or is it the case that the MDR is not cut/designed for such a tapered look?
The oxblood calf I have on my jacket is tougher than the navy blue calf that I have. Could easily just be the natural variations in the hide and/or dye used. I always use my proprietary leather conditioning method which involves lanolin/beeswax solution. It definitely helps the leather break in and soften up. I sized up compared to my previous fits and I think it looks much better this way for my frame.
Also re: the waist suppression, the fit is supposed to be larger at the bottom hem vs. the midsection, which makes sense. Your hips should be wider than your waist, unless of course you are carrying a massive gut.post #34042 of 547068/25/13 at 4:27pmpost #34043 of 547068/25/13 at 6:45pmpost #34044 of 547068/25/13 at 7:23pmMe too. The waist on my A-2 is about half an inch less than the midsection.
For reference, here are my measurements (Click to show)I'm about 6' and 175 lbs.
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.5"
body length, front 23.0"
body length, back 25.4"
sleeve length, from shoulder 26.0"
sleeve width @ pit 7.5"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.6"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.6"
I'm pretty sure I measured everything right. Also pretty sure I don't have a gut (yet).post #34045 of 547068/25/13 at 7:31pmpost #34046 of 547068/25/13 at 7:45pmpost #34047 of 547068/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #34048 of 547068/25/13 at 8:12pmpost #34049 of 547068/25/13 at 8:31pmpost #34050 of 547068/25/13 at 8:44pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Braces, waistcoat and nature calls question. 9 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 17 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 19 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 23 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 23 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding