Looking for a leather that I can wear to work in a business casual setting. I already own: black MDR, black moto, brown A2, brown CM. Any suggestions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 2:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2270post #34037 of 546688/24/13 at 11:16pmpost #34038 of 546688/25/13 at 7:32ampost #34039 of 546688/25/13 at 8:09ampost #34040 of 546688/25/13 at 2:51pm
That it does. Hows the calf wearing in Ari?
The talk a cpl of pages back about tapering got me wondering. Its interesting that on the stock measurements of the TOJ website the waist actually comes out half an inch more than the mid section. For a tapered look wouldnt you have to reduce that at least less than the mid or is it the case that the MDR is not cut/designed for such a tapered look?post #34041 of 546688/25/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
That it does. Hows the calf wearing in Ari?
The talk a cpl of pages back about tapering got me wondering. Its interesting that on the stock measurements of the TOJ website the waist actually comes out half an inch more than the mid section. For a tapered look wouldnt you have to reduce that at least less than the mid or is it the case that the MDR is not cut/designed for such a tapered look?
The oxblood calf I have on my jacket is tougher than the navy blue calf that I have. Could easily just be the natural variations in the hide and/or dye used. I always use my proprietary leather conditioning method which involves lanolin/beeswax solution. It definitely helps the leather break in and soften up. I sized up compared to my previous fits and I think it looks much better this way for my frame.
Also re: the waist suppression, the fit is supposed to be larger at the bottom hem vs. the midsection, which makes sense. Your hips should be wider than your waist, unless of course you are carrying a massive gut.post #34042 of 546688/25/13 at 4:27pmpost #34043 of 546688/25/13 at 6:45pmpost #34044 of 546688/25/13 at 7:23pmMe too. The waist on my A-2 is about half an inch less than the midsection.
For reference, here are my measurements (Click to show)I'm about 6' and 175 lbs.
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.5"
body length, front 23.0"
body length, back 25.4"
sleeve length, from shoulder 26.0"
sleeve width @ pit 7.5"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.6"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.6"
I'm pretty sure I measured everything right. Also pretty sure I don't have a gut (yet).post #34045 of 546688/25/13 at 7:31pmpost #34046 of 546688/25/13 at 7:45pmpost #34047 of 546688/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #34048 of 546688/25/13 at 8:12pmpost #34049 of 546688/25/13 at 8:31pmpost #34050 of 546688/25/13 at 8:44pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Sophnet Military Pocket Vest 27 seconds ago
- › The Bureau - Indigo Lightweight Denim Map Banded Collar Shirt 1 minute ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bedwin & The Heartbreakers Earl Shirt 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Hooded Long Bush Shirt in Chambray 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 14 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 22 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts