Looking for a leather that I can wear to work in a business casual setting. I already own: black MDR, black moto, brown A2, brown CM. Any suggestions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2270
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34037 of 540338/24/13 at 11:16pmpost #34038 of 540338/25/13 at 7:32ampost #34039 of 540338/25/13 at 8:09ampost #34040 of 540338/25/13 at 2:51pm
That it does. Hows the calf wearing in Ari?
The talk a cpl of pages back about tapering got me wondering. Its interesting that on the stock measurements of the TOJ website the waist actually comes out half an inch more than the mid section. For a tapered look wouldnt you have to reduce that at least less than the mid or is it the case that the MDR is not cut/designed for such a tapered look?post #34041 of 540338/25/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
That it does. Hows the calf wearing in Ari?
The talk a cpl of pages back about tapering got me wondering. Its interesting that on the stock measurements of the TOJ website the waist actually comes out half an inch more than the mid section. For a tapered look wouldnt you have to reduce that at least less than the mid or is it the case that the MDR is not cut/designed for such a tapered look?
The oxblood calf I have on my jacket is tougher than the navy blue calf that I have. Could easily just be the natural variations in the hide and/or dye used. I always use my proprietary leather conditioning method which involves lanolin/beeswax solution. It definitely helps the leather break in and soften up. I sized up compared to my previous fits and I think it looks much better this way for my frame.
Also re: the waist suppression, the fit is supposed to be larger at the bottom hem vs. the midsection, which makes sense. Your hips should be wider than your waist, unless of course you are carrying a massive gut.post #34042 of 540338/25/13 at 4:27pmpost #34043 of 540338/25/13 at 6:45pmpost #34044 of 540338/25/13 at 7:23pmMe too. The waist on my A-2 is about half an inch less than the midsection.
For reference, here are my measurements (Click to show)I'm about 6' and 175 lbs.
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.5"
body length, front 23.0"
body length, back 25.4"
sleeve length, from shoulder 26.0"
sleeve width @ pit 7.5"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.6"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.6"
I'm pretty sure I measured everything right. Also pretty sure I don't have a gut (yet).post #34045 of 540338/25/13 at 7:31pmpost #34046 of 540338/25/13 at 7:45pmpost #34047 of 540338/25/13 at 8:07pmpost #34048 of 540338/25/13 at 8:12pmpost #34049 of 540338/25/13 at 8:31pmpost #34050 of 540338/25/13 at 8:44pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › Australian Members 8 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Sipang rulez / tween dr00lz 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Camden Boot E202 10/10.5 Hazel Antique 10 minutes ago
- › vintage Omega Geneve dresswatch 1969 with box 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 17 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 25 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...