If other people want to get personal with me that's fine. I will defend what I've written.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2258post #33857 of 546778/21/13 at 7:57amOops, you're right on that point. Was in reply to someone else. Either way, I'm not sure how you expected this to work itself out. Charly may have falsely assumed the first time that you're order was in queue and you were just freaking out needlessly like every other first time toj customer does. Alternatively... he was right and you're order is just somewhere in queue. I'm sure if you continued to press after a week or two since you clearly weren't satisfied with the response, you could have easily had things resolved.post #33858 of 546778/21/13 at 8:04ampost #33859 of 546778/21/13 at 8:06amListen I have had a couple of very short emails off Charly and its apparent I haven't fallen through the cracks.
I don't mind being moved around the queue if that's the way production works, in batches as described on this forum.
But I've written more than once that I've seen my order specs posted here by someone who ordered later than me.
My reason for not now going private with Charly are my own. I've made my thoughts clear and I've every right to think I will pushed further down the queue by making my thoughts public.
My previous emails with Charly did not fill me with hope, so I doubt after this I'd be more optimistic.
My honest thoughts are that Charly is a bit of an arsehole by what I've written today obviously. (Not a cunt, that's different)
By that reasoning why wouldn't I think he'd push my order back if I went public? I can hardly go to Korea and do anything about it.post #33860 of 546778/21/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Complaining is fine, but as so many other things, it's not what you do, but how you do it.Quote:Originally Posted by slimaneism
To be fair, If there was a problem and it never made it into production at all, why would Charly acknowledge the email or reassure him that it would be 2-3 more weeks? Why wouldn't he at that point check to see it never made it into production? And then only when the issue makes it to the forum does he then want to check if it never made it to production. I think that's the main issue.
I'm sure both Charly and Drew could do that full time, if they opened up that can of worms.post #33861 of 546778/21/13 at 8:10amQuote:
Unbelievable. Just when I thought some middle ground you just emphasise my point. Curt is the least I'd call your emails.
If you can't see you're rude there's no chance of sorting it out.
And yes, I realise I'm being rude myself now but what the fuck!post #33862 of 546778/21/13 at 8:12ampost #33863 of 546778/21/13 at 8:14ampost #33864 of 546778/21/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by migsy999
Looks like I've not learned them then.
If life lessons mean I'm wrong for complaining about lack of transparency and manners then I'm fucked.
Even Charly has admitted to his credit that he can be curt goes some way to why I posted. The rest of you, or most anyway, can keep deluding yourselves that you're so blessed to be part of the TOJ culture. I bet you're real nice to be around.
This could be a wild guess, but I'm surmising that you are not from the Northeast.post #33865 of 546778/21/13 at 8:18ampost #33866 of 546778/21/13 at 8:20ampost #33867 of 546778/21/13 at 8:21am
migsy999, it sounds like your order must've slipped through the cracks. It's rare, but it does happen. As much as you say Charly is rude, you have to understand he's the only one that can really help at this point. Say your order really did get overlooked, without looking up your information, you'll never see your jacket. You should just let Charly help you. The jackets really are worth it.post #33868 of 546778/21/13 at 8:28amI have taken a step back. I'm trying not to get personal with other posters, calling each cunts etc.
I know I've taken a bit of a leap posting what I have, but I'm pretty upset at the shit treatment and crappy emails I get from Charly.
From my point of view I'm only to think it will be worse after going public. I just didn't want the whole thread to turn into a TOJ hate/love in.
I'm not disputing they make great quality stuff, or that it takes months to get your order.
I'm not after special treatment. I'm after being treated equally shit like everyone else.post #33869 of 546778/21/13 at 8:32ampost #33870 of 546778/21/13 at 8:34am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Why We Like and Find Greenfrog Interesting. 12 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 20 minutes ago
- › Suspension Point – Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 27 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 37 minutes ago
- › MILER Menswear - Official Affiliate Thread 46 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding