If other people want to get personal with me that's fine. I will defend what I've written.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2258
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33857 of 540388/21/13 at 7:57amOops, you're right on that point. Was in reply to someone else. Either way, I'm not sure how you expected this to work itself out. Charly may have falsely assumed the first time that you're order was in queue and you were just freaking out needlessly like every other first time toj customer does. Alternatively... he was right and you're order is just somewhere in queue. I'm sure if you continued to press after a week or two since you clearly weren't satisfied with the response, you could have easily had things resolved.post #33858 of 540388/21/13 at 8:04ampost #33859 of 540388/21/13 at 8:06amListen I have had a couple of very short emails off Charly and its apparent I haven't fallen through the cracks.
I don't mind being moved around the queue if that's the way production works, in batches as described on this forum.
But I've written more than once that I've seen my order specs posted here by someone who ordered later than me.
My reason for not now going private with Charly are my own. I've made my thoughts clear and I've every right to think I will pushed further down the queue by making my thoughts public.
My previous emails with Charly did not fill me with hope, so I doubt after this I'd be more optimistic.
My honest thoughts are that Charly is a bit of an arsehole by what I've written today obviously. (Not a cunt, that's different)
By that reasoning why wouldn't I think he'd push my order back if I went public? I can hardly go to Korea and do anything about it.post #33860 of 540388/21/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Complaining is fine, but as so many other things, it's not what you do, but how you do it.Quote:Originally Posted by slimaneism
To be fair, If there was a problem and it never made it into production at all, why would Charly acknowledge the email or reassure him that it would be 2-3 more weeks? Why wouldn't he at that point check to see it never made it into production? And then only when the issue makes it to the forum does he then want to check if it never made it to production. I think that's the main issue.
I'm sure both Charly and Drew could do that full time, if they opened up that can of worms.post #33861 of 540388/21/13 at 8:10amQuote:
Unbelievable. Just when I thought some middle ground you just emphasise my point. Curt is the least I'd call your emails.
If you can't see you're rude there's no chance of sorting it out.
And yes, I realise I'm being rude myself now but what the fuck!post #33862 of 540388/21/13 at 8:12ampost #33863 of 540388/21/13 at 8:14ampost #33864 of 540388/21/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by migsy999
Looks like I've not learned them then.
If life lessons mean I'm wrong for complaining about lack of transparency and manners then I'm fucked.
Even Charly has admitted to his credit that he can be curt goes some way to why I posted. The rest of you, or most anyway, can keep deluding yourselves that you're so blessed to be part of the TOJ culture. I bet you're real nice to be around.
This could be a wild guess, but I'm surmising that you are not from the Northeast.post #33865 of 540388/21/13 at 8:18ampost #33866 of 540388/21/13 at 8:20ampost #33867 of 540388/21/13 at 8:21am
migsy999, it sounds like your order must've slipped through the cracks. It's rare, but it does happen. As much as you say Charly is rude, you have to understand he's the only one that can really help at this point. Say your order really did get overlooked, without looking up your information, you'll never see your jacket. You should just let Charly help you. The jackets really are worth it.post #33868 of 540388/21/13 at 8:28amI have taken a step back. I'm trying not to get personal with other posters, calling each cunts etc.
I know I've taken a bit of a leap posting what I have, but I'm pretty upset at the shit treatment and crappy emails I get from Charly.
From my point of view I'm only to think it will be worse after going public. I just didn't want the whole thread to turn into a TOJ hate/love in.
I'm not disputing they make great quality stuff, or that it takes months to get your order.
I'm not after special treatment. I'm after being treated equally shit like everyone else.post #33869 of 540388/21/13 at 8:32am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 26 seconds ago
- › PRICE DROP 2/9! NWOT PS: Cappelli, Bijan, Brioni, Zegna 37 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden x Leffot Navy LWB PRE-ORDER SPOT - US6.5D Barrie 6 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 7 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...