Agreed on this, it's giving me second thoughts - I need more pics. Anyone else with a new DR please share fit pics!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2232
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33467 of 545168/1/13 at 2:16amQuote:
I've got a feeling it comes with a Bemberg lining by default anyway, much like the BCDR and new DR.post #33468 of 545168/1/13 at 4:14ampost #33469 of 545168/1/13 at 4:25ampost #33470 of 545168/1/13 at 5:48ampost #33471 of 545168/1/13 at 5:55ampost #33472 of 545168/1/13 at 6:10ampost #33473 of 545168/1/13 at 6:54ampost #33474 of 545168/1/13 at 1:24pmI can say for sure that different jackets are made by different people (though the motos might be made by the same people as the riders).
So if one shop is moving faster than another or has less orders, then that kind if jacket is going to come out faster.
I don't know exactly how production works within a shop though. From Drew's posts, it looks like a lot of them are along the lines of husband and wife teams. They don't sit there and work through one jacket at a time though...seems like the cutter will cut a bunch of leather pieces and bundle them up. Then it goes to the person who does the sewing--I don't know how they work; they might do full jackets at once, but it seems reasonable that you would assemble different parts in batches (cuts down on things like having to switch sewing machines or swap to a zipper foot).
Still though, I can't imagine each jacket takes very long from the point where it goes from the cutter to the sewer...its probably more of a function of collecting them all and shipping them that makes them show up in large batches.
So its hard to say...since there are different shops doing the sewing, just because someone ordered a different jacket on the same day as you, doesn't mean that your jacket is ready...but I wouldn't be surprised if it is close to (or in) production, even if you last submitted the bemberg upgrade in early july.post #33475 of 545168/1/13 at 3:23pmpost #33476 of 545168/1/13 at 3:42pmpost #33477 of 545168/1/13 at 3:46pmpost #33478 of 545168/1/13 at 3:52pmpost #33479 of 545168/1/13 at 3:57pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1506 Active Users (300 Members and 1206 Guests)
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Newbie question! 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...