Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 4:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2192post #32866 of 547567/14/13 at 4:14pmpost #32867 of 547567/14/13 at 4:50pmpost #32868 of 547567/14/13 at 4:59pmpost #32869 of 547567/14/13 at 5:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
The problem is these same people make zero attempt to find the actual answer. It wasn't like they searched, couldn't find an answer and decided to make a post.
So I'm not sure how replying with a serious answer would help future generations from acquiring the information they need. But I digress.
Had the answer to this question wasn't on the first fucking page of this thread, a snarky remark would not have been made.
He did make an attempt. He asked in this thread.
One post out of 32,867+ posts.
No need to whine and bitch every time someone asks a question or discusses something you specifically don't want to.post #32870 of 547567/14/13 at 5:08pmpost #32871 of 547567/14/13 at 5:08pmIf you just go about your life trying to minimize the amount of twattyness you exude on a daily basis, you will be happier people. If you happen to know the answer to a question on SF, just kindly answer the question and make them aware of how to find other answers to similar questions in the future.
Anyways, after lounging around in this BCDR for the past few days, I have to say that I really get where Synthese comes from with his reviews. When he made that really long post about his T1 and whatnot, I appreciated it, but I definitely didn't fully understand it (though I may have thought that I did at the time.) There's something about the construction of a ToJ, combined with the high quality material that is a bit magical. It's not a logical 1+1=2 type deal. I get a similar feeling when I wear and handle Japanese Repro stuff. I have a Strike Gold hoodie, RMC crewneck, Samurai jeans. They're all ridiculously nice, but ToJ has this additional value that comes from the fact that this jacket is mine. It was not simply produced, it was made to order. It may not fit, in the objective sense, perfectly, but it's exactly what I asked for, exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I continue to want. I'm obviously not the most well-spoken person to own a few ToJs by now, but those are my thoughts. Really excited for my upcoming T1 order.post #32872 of 547567/14/13 at 5:23pmpost #32873 of 547567/14/13 at 5:46pm
Which suede color did you go for? I've been on the fence about ordering a T1... it looks crazy nice and won't be found anywhere outside of Toj. A1 is my favorite suede jacket from gallery pictures, but T1 is my second suede choice and its available now :) (black cwu in closet, black moto ordered)post #32874 of 547567/14/13 at 6:14pmQuote:
Tarrago Nano Protector is a good non-silicone spray that in my experience won't darken light coloured suede like a lot of other sprays can - demo here:
Obenaufs Watershield is also good, but its silicone based (which I understand can dry out leather?) and does darken the suede a bit.post #32875 of 547567/14/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by congratulations
Which suede color did you go for? I've been on the fence about ordering a T1... it looks crazy nice and won't be found anywhere outside of Toj. A1 is my favorite suede jacket from gallery pictures, but T1 is my second suede choice and its available now (black cwu in closet, black moto ordered)
Went with medium grey. I'm a simple man, I like a high quality basic. I admire those who can pull off some of the "cooler" colourways, but that ain't me.post #32876 of 547567/14/13 at 8:57pmEvery time I'm in here some jackass is giving a smartass answer to a simple question, gets called out for it, then spends the rest of the page defending his post instead of just saying "fair enough, my bad" and moving on... nowadays I tend to just scroll through the page to see if there's any pictures/new posts from Drew or Charly.
Bet you lots of people do the same for that reason and that's why some of the same questions get repeated over and over again.post #32877 of 547567/14/13 at 9:12pm
I want to make my first TOJ purchase and get a TOJ0 2013. Just wondering if anyone has put together a full gallery of all the different styles people have purchased and taken pictures ... so i can choose colors. Only link I can find is here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=16266
Any more sources for pics of TOJ0 2013 that is organised?post #32878 of 547567/14/13 at 9:14pmpost #32879 of 547567/14/13 at 9:21pmpost #32880 of 547567/14/13 at 10:15pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The 27 Year Old Virgin 5 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 14 seconds ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › Sewing machines and learning to sew 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...