Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 11:50 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2186post #32776 of 545167/11/13 at 8:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32777 of 545167/11/13 at 12:12pmpost #32778 of 545167/11/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by AriGold
the sarcasm was lost completely... anyways got my new TOJ OXBLOOD (not burgundy, because its really oxblood in real life). I sized up a bit compared to my navy DR. I like the new details although the cuffs are wierd and they are not the convertible cuff with the snaps. also there are alot more unfinished edges with this jacket, say for example the belt, epaulets, pocket flat etc. That is, I can see the edge of the leather where in my navy DR, everything had been folded and stitched, with no exposed cutting edges. Can't type in this jacket because it bunches up at the wrist when zipped. a more relaxed fit here, but these pics are bad so will get better ones tmr in day light.
In terms of the texture of the oxblood calf, still soft, not too thick (its not thin either), a bit drier than the navy calf, and a bit tougher, and not as waxy. Some leather conditioner will definitely help this thing break in. bigger lapels, bigger collar, when folded up it will engulf your face.
overall its a great jacket but there was more attention to detail on the old MDR IMO. Thanks again for everything TOJ crew, Drew Charly Dan Sally.
Great fit and thanks for the review and comparison of the finer construction details ... BTW, when was your old MDR made?post #32779 of 545167/11/13 at 12:36pmpost #32780 of 545167/11/13 at 2:52pmpost #32781 of 545167/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #32782 of 545167/11/13 at 3:51pmpost #32783 of 545167/11/13 at 3:53pmReceived my black/black toj0 today.
Supple lamb sleeves and a ridiculously smooth body along with the occasional sun-soaked glint off the button makes this one of the sickest jackets that I've ever owned.
Thanks TOJ crew and trust in charly.
Fit pics coming up soon
Edited by ytip - 7/11/13 at 5:35pmpost #32784 of 545167/11/13 at 4:09pmpost #32785 of 545167/11/13 at 5:37pmpost #32786 of 545167/11/13 at 7:12pmpost #32787 of 545167/11/13 at 7:16pmpost #32788 of 545167/11/13 at 7:23pmpost #32789 of 545167/11/13 at 7:33pmThread StarterHas nothing to do with quality. It's just how you make things like belts, epaulets, and other small tubular details that the other jackets (like MDRs) do not have. Clothing is sewn inside out and then turned back out again to finish. How do you think a tube of calf is sewn on both sides and then turned back out? It's two inches wide and over 35" long at that point. That's not physically possible. An epaulet wouldn't do it either, at like 3 or 4 inches. You can check this with any leather jacket out there.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1497 Active Users (333 Members and 1164 Guests)
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 31 seconds ago
- › Advice needed on Shoe Sizes & Fit 1 minute ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Gucci chelsea boots | 11 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK ~ THE OFFICIAL-UNOFFICIAL TOJ EXCHANGE... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...