Damn, that Navy/Black TOJ0 looks amazing. I might see if I can change mine from the Black/Black.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 2:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2143
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32132 of 545166/28/13 at 3:27pm
my parents would never give me a credit card lolQuote:yes. I have the money (exc. $40 right now which I will get from my job probably tonight) and it's what I want. nothing else to spend money onQuote:Quote:
oh haw haw. sorry I don't have money to blow as easily as everybody else. i'm 17, and paying my mom over $200 a monthpost #32133 of 545166/28/13 at 3:33pmpost #32134 of 545166/28/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cole
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)my parents would never give me a credit card loloh haw haw. sorry I don't have money to blow as easily as everybody else. i'm 17, and paying my mom over $200 a month
yes. I have the money (exc. $40 right now which I will get from my job probably tonight) and it's what I want. nothing else to spend money on
Yes, we know, and you don't have to constantly remind us.post #32135 of 545166/28/13 at 3:43pmpost #32136 of 545166/28/13 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by phobicz
I know everyone says it, but the calf is so much more heavier and thicker and stiffer than I expected. Gotta see how it breaks in, but I think I would've been better off with a lamb for my first jacket. But then I haven't experienced a lamb toj in real life so maybe I just think the grass is greener. I've got a Sherwood calf BCDR in the queue and I'm strongly reconsidering a lighter lamb suede instead. But again, gonna see how this jacket breaks in before bothering Charly with order changes.
I wanted to order a BCDR in the lamb suede, but Charly highly recommended against it -- said it would be too loose and floppy for the jacket style; so I switched to calf suede. I have both lamb and calf regular leather jackets, and there is a big difference between them.post #32137 of 545166/28/13 at 4:50pmI ended going with goat, and I still would love to try the lamb and calf. I doubt I'll have a chance too, unless B/S is nice to me in a few months. The reason I didn't go with the lamb is that though it sounds amazing, I'm less a fan of the striations that develop as it ages. Also, I for rider jackets, I will be wearing it the collar up often, and it seems that the lamb loses that ability within a couple years. That's just my thought process though. If I had another couple months, I'd be grabbing either the CWU or A2 in black lamb.post #32138 of 545166/28/13 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by schrike
I wanted to order a BCDR in the lamb suede, but Charly highly recommended against it -- said it would be too loose and floppy for the jacket style; so I switched to calf suede. I have both lamb and calf regular leather jackets, and there is a big difference between them.
Trust Charly. Lamb suede in general is a super lightweight material, definitely no good for a BCDR.post #32139 of 545166/28/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
dammit, I had JUST accepted that I would just wait 4 months and get a toj of some sort off B&S, and then you post this gorgeous picpost #32140 of 545166/28/13 at 7:09pmpost #32141 of 545166/28/13 at 7:30pmpost #32142 of 545166/28/13 at 8:05pmpost #32143 of 545166/28/13 at 8:27pm
What do you guys think of an unglazed goat black CWU-45 or an olive lamb CWU-45?
I know black lamb is the best but I don't have too much black in my style/wardrobe and the black unglazed goat seems to have visual interest at least. Although I think the olive lamb can potentially look amazing - I don't really like the A-2 as much from the pictures I've seen from the gallery.post #32144 of 545166/28/13 at 8:45pmpost #32145 of 545166/28/13 at 9:30pm
Hmm, well I figured Olive Lamb would be a nice alternative to a Brown CWU-45 - brown in some lighting and greener in others; if I'm not mistaken it would be a slightly darker variation of the Olive Italian Calfskin. I already have a brown moto (from another brand, not ToJ unfortunately) and I feel that the CWU-45 could be a bit dressier If I needed it to be and still play nice with some dark denim since I ordered a Diesel Blue Suede BCDR. I don't like black and denim combo as much unless if it was a DR.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 19 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 21 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 23 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 32 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 37 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...