Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 2:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 5:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2141post #32102 of 546766/27/13 at 10:21pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
The colours look really off from that picture, must be the flash.
The navy body should be the same as the sample, as that was navy/black.
And the grey should be the last grey in this photo, but Charly did mention it was expected to be a bit darker in person. But that photo makes it seem really dark.
There must be a ton of flash in that photo. The navy and the ribbing are both very dark. Here's natural light with a touch of shade (iphone 5 camera)post #32103 of 546766/27/13 at 11:44pmpost #32104 of 546766/27/13 at 11:48pmpost #32105 of 546766/28/13 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I think I mentioned this before but no one took me seriously - wet (if lamb) and condition if calf, saturate it til it's floppy, then use a large rubber band like that which you get on a bunch of broccoli from the supermarket, or a hipster girls headband. Hang it zipped up, collar closed that way overnight or for a couple nights, refresh as necessary -It will keep the collar held in the middle with that reverse roll.
Throwing this out there as a reminder, since I'm expecting a CWU soon too
NIce pictures!post #32106 of 546766/28/13 at 2:24ampost #32107 of 546766/28/13 at 6:02ampost #32108 of 546766/28/13 at 6:04ampost #32109 of 546766/28/13 at 7:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
I thought the same thing, but either Willy or Charly cleared that up a long time ago.
It did however convince me to get Navy/Grey since I was better able to visualize how it would turn out lol
I'm still contemplating a Black/Yellow but I have way too many varsities as it is.
go black and yellowpost #32110 of 546766/28/13 at 7:39ampost #32111 of 546766/28/13 at 7:44am
Got my first toj today, oxblood calf MDR. Took a few pics and I think the fit is pretty spot on. I haven't seen it in natural light yet, but the colour is really hard to judge. It tends to looks brown or burgundy-ish depending on light and angle.
I know everyone says it, but the calf is so much more heavier and thicker and stiffer than I expected. Gotta see how it breaks in, but I think I would've been better off with a lamb for my first jacket. But then I haven't experienced a lamb toj in real life so maybe I just think the grass is greener. I've got a Sherwood calf BCDR in the queue and I'm strongly reconsidering a lighter lamb suede instead. But again, gonna see how this jacket breaks in before bothering Charly with order changes.post #32112 of 546766/28/13 at 7:51ampost #32113 of 546766/28/13 at 8:15amThe Navy/Black looks fantastic in natural lighting. I am very excited to get my Navy/Grey. I can visualize the combo in my head and I think it will look awesome.
I feel like ordering the Black/Yellow for everyone here, there can't be that many that are ordered that end up on the forum.
Currently in my line up:
-Black/Purple Winter Varsity
-Brown Lamb A-2 Bomber
-Black/Black/Digi Camo TOJ 2011
-Navy/Grey Goat TOJ0 2013 (still a few weeks out)
-Steel Grey Channel Quilt BCDR (ordered 2 weeks ago)
-Black Lamb 3 Silver Zip MDR (ordered last week)
-Black/Yellow TOJ0 2013
-Olive Calf 4 Zip MDR or Electric Blue Goat 3 Zip MDR
-Navy/Black or Grey/Black TOJ0 2013 (huge maybe, varsity overdose at that point)
Like I said, if I get the Black/Yellow that will put me into Tier 1 of the loyalty program and I might as well get another jacket at that point lol..post #32114 of 546766/28/13 at 8:23amQuote:
Great fit. Thanks for the pictures.
Hoping I get tracking soon for mycharly ma-1. I ordered first week of April.post #32115 of 546766/28/13 at 8:27am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 20, 2016 : The particular jacket challenge 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › As somebody who doesn't go out much, can I justify spending so much... 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding