Did you read the measurements? Looks too short, should be a bit longer than your MDR. I'd also increase chest and waist a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 4/27/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 9:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2134post #31996 of 546686/24/13 at 11:36pmpost #31997 of 546686/24/13 at 11:40pmpost #31998 of 546686/24/13 at 11:44pmpost #31999 of 546686/25/13 at 12:12amQuote:Originally Posted by ToJhunter
How do you think an A2 with the following measurements will fit on a 6'1 guy with a 40" chest
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.6"
body length, front 22.5"
body length, back 24.7"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.4"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.5"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.7"
Is this too short? Does the cropped look work for the A2? I have an MDR and TOJ0 that have ~23 front length and 25.5 back length
I'm pretty similar in size to you (6'1" 41" chest) and I did:
body length, front 24.3
body length, back 26.7
sleeve length, from shoulder 27.2
for the lengths.
If it helps here are a couple pics of me wearing it:post #32000 of 546686/25/13 at 12:48amQuote:
Oh that drapes perfectly, I think I will go with the longer lengths. I appreciate the help.post #32001 of 546686/25/13 at 1:12ampost #32002 of 546686/25/13 at 4:22ampost #32003 of 546686/25/13 at 4:26ampost #32004 of 546686/25/13 at 4:34ampost #32005 of 546686/25/13 at 5:36amQuick note. I do not really look at anyone's shoulder measurement from your body. It's pretty much useless for me because a lot of people seem to measure it incorrectly.
Height/weight is usually good enough to gauge shoulder width.
You guys should really be comparing the shoulder measurement given to shoulder measurements on garments you own to come up with what works best for you.
In the end.. anything <0.5" on the shoulder is pretty insignificant if you sized the rest of the jacket correctly.
Don't believe me? Measure out 0.2" and then put it on either side of your shoulders..post #32006 of 546686/25/13 at 5:38ampost #32007 of 546686/25/13 at 5:56ampost #32008 of 546686/25/13 at 5:58ampost #32009 of 546686/25/13 at 6:49amQuote:
Reminds me of how my girlfriend says that any check pattern reminds her of lumberjacks. These ridiculous connotations only exist in your head (and the heads of a few unfortunate others).post #32010 of 546686/25/13 at 7:33amQuote:
I prefer the 2zip myself. Just looks a lot cleaner in my opinion. I feel like people just take Drew's word and convince themselves to like it, but I only like the 2zip more because I had been eying a moto from Schott for about a year before I saw the TOJ moto.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 33 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 39 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 45 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 52 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 56 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts