Did you read the measurements? Looks too short, should be a bit longer than your MDR. I'd also increase chest and waist a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/29/15 at 5:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 6:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2134post #31996 of 543106/24/13 at 11:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31997 of 543106/24/13 at 11:40pmpost #31998 of 543106/24/13 at 11:44pmpost #31999 of 543106/25/13 at 12:12amQuote:Originally Posted by ToJhunter
How do you think an A2 with the following measurements will fit on a 6'1 guy with a 40" chest
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.6"
body length, front 22.5"
body length, back 24.7"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.4"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.5"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.7"
Is this too short? Does the cropped look work for the A2? I have an MDR and TOJ0 that have ~23 front length and 25.5 back length
I'm pretty similar in size to you (6'1" 41" chest) and I did:
body length, front 24.3
body length, back 26.7
sleeve length, from shoulder 27.2
for the lengths.
If it helps here are a couple pics of me wearing it:post #32000 of 543106/25/13 at 12:48amQuote:
Oh that drapes perfectly, I think I will go with the longer lengths. I appreciate the help.post #32001 of 543106/25/13 at 1:12ampost #32002 of 543106/25/13 at 4:22ampost #32003 of 543106/25/13 at 4:26ampost #32004 of 543106/25/13 at 4:34ampost #32005 of 543106/25/13 at 5:36amQuick note. I do not really look at anyone's shoulder measurement from your body. It's pretty much useless for me because a lot of people seem to measure it incorrectly.
Height/weight is usually good enough to gauge shoulder width.
You guys should really be comparing the shoulder measurement given to shoulder measurements on garments you own to come up with what works best for you.
In the end.. anything <0.5" on the shoulder is pretty insignificant if you sized the rest of the jacket correctly.
Don't believe me? Measure out 0.2" and then put it on either side of your shoulders..post #32006 of 543106/25/13 at 5:38ampost #32007 of 543106/25/13 at 5:56ampost #32008 of 543106/25/13 at 5:58ampost #32009 of 543106/25/13 at 6:49amQuote:
Reminds me of how my girlfriend says that any check pattern reminds her of lumberjacks. These ridiculous connotations only exist in your head (and the heads of a few unfortunate others).post #32010 of 543106/25/13 at 7:33amQuote:
I prefer the 2zip myself. Just looks a lot cleaner in my opinion. I feel like people just take Drew's word and convince themselves to like it, but I only like the 2zip more because I had been eying a moto from Schott for about a year before I saw the TOJ moto.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 12 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 6 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › New Allen Edmonds Long Branch Dark Brown 8.5D 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories