Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 9:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it? Last post on 11/30/14 at 4:42am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2114
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah looking at old emails with Charly suggested a 17.5". But it looks like I sent some measurements of another jacket and we agreed to make it 18".
I assumed the best things to compare are my moto sizes;
body length, front
body length, back
sleeve length, from shoulder
sleeve width @ pit
sleeve width @ elbow
sleeve width @ cuff
and the A2 that I'm looking to get;
Pit to Pit: 22"
Front Length: 23"
Back Length: 25"
Width @pit: 7.25"
Width @elbow: 6.25"
Width @cuff: 5.25"
Is there anything that's clearly off that should stop me from buying it?
Whether it be a CWU or something else, you need a full TOJ leather.
Yes, it is OK.
Either choice would be awesome for the MDR really, I think the pebbled texture contrasts beautifully with the DR styles in particular. Like I said, both would look great, but the dark brown goat is a favorite.
or if you don't believe me...
I just like the idea of the 4 zip MDR in brown or black goat, it will be excellent. Trust me on this one. There are certain 'specials' now and then that come along as a result of the right meeting of design and material, and a 4-zip MDR in the super dark brown goat with brown-taped YKK's in silver is another one of them. We make a lot of nice stuff, but there's the few things that are just exceedingly NICE, like that whiskey 2010 DR we made for aeglus. I got to see that thing in person and it was pretty amazing. Blows up my ego to see stuff like that.
What I want to see is that dark brown goatskin 4-zip MDR with some age, maybe 3 months or more on it. It will look godly. Anybody who has to go back to college this coming fall should get one now so that it's perfectly worn-in by the time school starts, so you can style on campus plebes. Fuck, I wish I could be in college again... I'd leave a trail of styleless victims...
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.
They're not for everyone, but if you can make them work, they look fucking amazing.
Edited by omgcookielol - 6/18/13 at 10:13pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- › Suitsupply NYC 29 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TOMMY HILFIGER PLAID BOW TIE SILK ADJUSTABLE SPRING SUMMER 19 minutes ago
- › VINTAGE RALPH LAUREN POLO SPORT SIDE BAG MESSENGER 19 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 42 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 46 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 51 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 52 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015