The price includes everything and the answer is always silver.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 1:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 3/19/17 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2113post #31682 of 548226/18/13 at 4:43pmpost #31683 of 548226/18/13 at 4:54pmpost #31684 of 548226/18/13 at 5:12pmpost #31685 of 548226/18/13 at 5:20pmQuote:
black bcdr gold zips baby
drew says DRs for slimmer ppl and motos for larger ppl, he also says that rule doesn't always applypost #31686 of 548226/18/13 at 5:25pmpost #31687 of 548226/18/13 at 5:29pm
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.post #31688 of 548226/18/13 at 6:04pmI think it's just from an aesthetic and historical standpoint. The double rider is an iconic piece that is known for its image as the rugged biker jacket with contrasting silver hardware. When put together, it just has the feeling that everything "fits". From an aesthetic point of view, the silver zips provide the perfect accent for the look , whereas black hardware does not complement the jacket in the same way. Personally, I think the jacket looks understated with black hardware - however, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.post #31689 of 548226/18/13 at 6:10pm
In my opinion, using silver, and to a lesser extent gold, hardware on black leather adds visual interest whereas black on black tends to look very monotonous and ultimately boring if not a bit cheapened. It's also dependent on the piece and cut as well as personal styling. For example, I believe Artishard had a blacked out leather (hardware minimal) but it fit's his particular aesthetic and style. On the other hand, I haven't really liked other blacked out MDRs fit pics.
It sounds like you're over thinking the piece, stick with silver and you won't regret it. Or compromise and get gunmetal.
Edited by Stitches - 6/18/13 at 6:23pmpost #31690 of 548226/18/13 at 6:21pmpost #31691 of 548226/18/13 at 6:28pmpost #31692 of 548226/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #31693 of 548226/18/13 at 7:24pm
Need help sizing an A2;
Looking to purchase a used A2 with the following measurements;
Pit to Pit: 22"
Front Length: 23"
Back Length: 25"
Width @pit: 7.25"
Width @elbow: 6.25"
Width @cuff: 5.25"
and here are the measurements I sent last for my moto
body length, front
body length, back
sleeve length, from shoulder
sleeve width @ pit
sleeve width @ elbow
sleeve width @ cuff
Everything on the A2 I'm looking to buy looks a bit too big. But is it okay to size the A2 a bit bigger than the moto? Here's the fit of my moto;
Edited by AKang - 6/18/13 at 7:37pmpost #31694 of 548226/18/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by hkothari
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.
You ever see a modified car with smoked tail lights, 5% tinted windows, black rims? I hate those cars. Zero creativity and is just plain boring.
In terms of every outfit, you want accents and contrast. The silver and black combo is flawless. If a jacket has nice lines, you want to accent it with silver details, not conceal them with all black hardware.post #31695 of 548226/18/13 at 7:28pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Watch Geordie Shore Season 14 Episode 1 Online S14E01 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › BUTTON SETS! SHIRT STUDS! Holland & Sherry, Benson & Clegg, Gold... 12 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...