The price includes everything and the answer is always silver.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 5:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2113
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31682 of 543096/18/13 at 4:43pmpost #31683 of 543096/18/13 at 4:54pmpost #31684 of 543096/18/13 at 5:12pmpost #31685 of 543096/18/13 at 5:20pmQuote:
black bcdr gold zips baby
drew says DRs for slimmer ppl and motos for larger ppl, he also says that rule doesn't always applypost #31686 of 543096/18/13 at 5:25pmpost #31687 of 543096/18/13 at 5:29pm
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.post #31688 of 543096/18/13 at 6:04pmI think it's just from an aesthetic and historical standpoint. The double rider is an iconic piece that is known for its image as the rugged biker jacket with contrasting silver hardware. When put together, it just has the feeling that everything "fits". From an aesthetic point of view, the silver zips provide the perfect accent for the look , whereas black hardware does not complement the jacket in the same way. Personally, I think the jacket looks understated with black hardware - however, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.post #31689 of 543096/18/13 at 6:10pm
In my opinion, using silver, and to a lesser extent gold, hardware on black leather adds visual interest whereas black on black tends to look very monotonous and ultimately boring if not a bit cheapened. It's also dependent on the piece and cut as well as personal styling. For example, I believe Artishard had a blacked out leather (hardware minimal) but it fit's his particular aesthetic and style. On the other hand, I haven't really liked other blacked out MDRs fit pics.
It sounds like you're over thinking the piece, stick with silver and you won't regret it. Or compromise and get gunmetal.
Edited by Stitches - 6/18/13 at 6:23pmpost #31690 of 543096/18/13 at 6:21pmpost #31691 of 543096/18/13 at 6:28pmpost #31692 of 543096/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #31693 of 543096/18/13 at 7:24pm
Need help sizing an A2;
Looking to purchase a used A2 with the following measurements;
Pit to Pit: 22"
Front Length: 23"
Back Length: 25"
Width @pit: 7.25"
Width @elbow: 6.25"
Width @cuff: 5.25"
and here are the measurements I sent last for my moto
body length, front
body length, back
sleeve length, from shoulder
sleeve width @ pit
sleeve width @ elbow
sleeve width @ cuff
Everything on the A2 I'm looking to buy looks a bit too big. But is it okay to size the A2 a bit bigger than the moto? Here's the fit of my moto;
Edited by AKang - 6/18/13 at 7:37pmpost #31694 of 543096/18/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by hkothari
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.
You ever see a modified car with smoked tail lights, 5% tinted windows, black rims? I hate those cars. Zero creativity and is just plain boring.
In terms of every outfit, you want accents and contrast. The silver and black combo is flawless. If a jacket has nice lines, you want to accent it with silver details, not conceal them with all black hardware.post #31695 of 543096/18/13 at 7:28pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 4 minutes ago
- › Replica Saint Laurent Paris Black Double Breasted Long Coat S Slimane 5 minutes ago
- › Heavy smartphones and suits/sports jackets 6 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › SAVILE ROW Gieves & Hawkes BESPOKE 2 Pieces Wool Suits 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories